My boyfriend cheated and we're meant to be going...should I still go alone?

Sachet88

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a practical level if i were you i'd do a bit of research and plan on doing a few activities a day that will keep you busy without the requirement of having to meet new people.

If you are the sort of person who like a bit of structure in your life make a list, in your shoes my list would include:

Go to the circus
Do a latin american dance class
Enjoy a naked sauna (did this nervously in Shambala once...its great)
Go to the theatre
Learn some craft type stuff in the greenfields
Have a massage

Go see a comedy show
Join a yoga class
Go watch a film

Drop by Leftfield when someone interesting is talking
Eat lovely food a few times a day
Watch a few bands

You get the idea, theres loads and loads of stuff so just do some research on what you fancy.

Plus doing things that you enjoy will mean that you are more likely to meet people that you will actually want to spend some time with rather than wasted people watching bands (don't get me wrong that's great as well)

Chances are that you will meet some great people first day and not do anything you planned anyway but all this great stuff is at Glastonbury for you and i would encourage you to get involved with as much as you can and if anywhere asks for a volenteer at any point stick your hand up!

Best of luck

On a practical level if i were you i'd do a bit of research and plan on doing a few activities a day that will keep you busy without the requirement of having to meet new people.

If you are the sort of person who like a bit of structure in your life make a list, in your shoes my list would include:

Go to the circus

Do a latin american dance class

Enjoy a naked sauna (did this nervously in Shambala once...its great)

Go to the theatre

Learn some craft type stuff in the greenfields

Have a massage

Go see a comedy show

Join a yoga class

Go watch a film

Drop by Leftfield when someone interesting is talking

Eat lovely food a few times a day

Watch a few bands

You get the idea, theres loads and loads of stuff so just do some research on what you fancy.

Plus doing things that you enjoy will mean that you are more likely to meet people that you will actually want to spend some time with rather than wasted people watching bands (don't get me wrong that's great as well)

Chances are that you will meet some great people first day and not do anything you planned anyway but all this great stuff is at Glastonbury for you and i would encourage you to get involved with as much as you can and if anywhere asks for a volenteer at any point stick your hand up!

Best of luck

There's a naked sauna?!

I've never done a festival before and my boyfriend has decided to cheat on me, so now I'm all alone with a ticket to Glasto. Should I still go? I'd like to meet new people but I'm quite shy!

Im in exactly the same situation and debating i to go or not. I haven't even got a tent - got to sort it out if I go. mOre than happy to meet up if you like

Im in exactly the same situation and debating i to go or not. I haven't even got a tent - got to sort it out if I go. mOre than happy to meet up if you like

Absolutely go, join the solo campers thread, go to the Efest meets, introduce yourself to your camping neighbours, all of the advice in this thread is great, hope you make the right decision to go, there's plenty of time to sort out a little tent....

Go! I'm going! There's lots of offers about on camping stuff just get some cheap bits and pieces and come camp with me in Camp solo! When I told my ex I was going alone he to me 'that will be a miserable experience', not as miserable as he will be about missing it!

Go! I'm going! There's lots of offers about on camping stuff just get some cheap bits and pieces and come camp with me in Camp solo! When I told my ex I was going alone he to me 'that will be a miserable experience', not as miserable as he will be about missing it!

Glad you are going.  Worst thing that can happen is that you hate it and leave early.  Best thing is it will be a great experience, you make some new friends and leave the festival on Monday with new found confidence.  I seriously hope it is the latter.  Enjoy!!

Hey, my wife cheated on me, we are getting divorce and we are going together anyways. Everything is paid (we are going from Czech Republic so even plane tickets) so why waste it. We will go every morning separate ways, enjoy the festival and and we will sleep in tent at night on each side. Its just possible :)

Heya

What is the outcome, are you still going along? I am in exactly the same predicament and can't decide.

I had resigned myself to not going but now really really tempted....

Look at it statistically:

Chances of regretting going to Glastonbury - 0-5%

Chances of regretting not going to Glastonbury - 80-90%

chances of rain: 40%

Look at it statistically:

Chances of regretting going to Glastonbury - 0-5%

Chances of regretting not going to Glastonbury - 80-90%

chances of rain: 40%

humph. True...

I have nothing sorted though, no travel, no tent, no sleeping bag. And noone to meet.

I don't know if it is best to go when not in a great place emotionally, might struggle