My boyfriend cheated and we're meant to be going...should I still go alone?

Sachet88

I've never done a festival before and my boyfriend has decided to cheat on me, so now I'm all alone with a ticket to Glasto. Should I still go? I'd like to meet new people but I'm quite shy!

Yes, do go. You can meet up with others via this forum and on the day, but the festival is big enough for you to have your own space if you want to chill on your own for a bit. If you're still upset, maybe don't indulge too much so you don't have an 'emotional time' or meltdown (if you want to cry or scream, just avoid it being drink fuelled, I see that round town and it ain't pretty, that's all). And I'm sorry to hear about what happened.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been going to the festival for many years, I do camp with friends but prefer to cut about on my own, as a single female I've never had any safety concerns, and I'm often wondering about on my own at 4am! Like others have said find the solo campers thread, even if it's just someone to have a chat with in the morning and evenings! You never know you might make Glasto buds for life! think this link should take you to the right thread

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/192099-going-to-glastonbury-alone-join-our-group-for-solo-festival-goers/?fromsearch=1

Enjoy the festival, you won't regret it!

It's so annoying because I suffered really bad anxiety for 2 years before I met him (we were together a year Saturday just gone and I found out he was cheating) and I was apprehensive about going but he convinced me to go, now he's done this and I don't want to let him ruin it for me!

Definitely go! And don't worry about being a girl on your own. People will look out for you! Everyone looks out for every one else :)

Sorry to hear what happened, like others have said though, get stuck in at Glasto and you'll find it the perfect tonic :)

Also, if you are on your own and need to chat to someone, just see who is next to you and chat to them. xx

It's so annoying because I suffered really bad anxiety for 2 years before I met him (we were together a year Saturday just gone and I found out he was cheating) and I was apprehensive about going but he convinced me to go, now he's done this and I don't want to let him ruin it for me!

If you get bad anxiety when you're at the festival you can always drop in to the healing fields/green fields bit, loads of really calm places there with friendly people to talk to! In terms of safety obviously always keep your wits about you but remember that Glastonbury has the population of Oxford and a significantly lower crime rate, plus there's plenty of security about and places to go if you're worried about anything.

Definitely go, sounds like your ex has already ruined one thing why let him ruin another!

If you get bad anxiety when you're at the festival you can always drop in to the healing fields/green fields bit, loads of really calm places there with friendly people to talk to! In terms of safety obviously always keep your wits about you but remember that Glastonbury has the population of Oxford and a significantly lower crime rate, plus there's plenty of security about and places to go if you're worried about anything.

Definitely go, sounds like your ex has already ruined one thing why let him ruin another!

Thank you i think I'll be fine, was just a big step in deciding to go when we got tickets!

You must go, you'll regret it if you sit at home & watch the coverage on the TV, seeing everyone having a blast.

Have a look at some other threads, there are a lot of solo glasto peeps who meet up at the site.

What better way to get over your ex than meeting new people & have a great time at the best festival in the WORLD!!!

:yahoo:

It's so annoying because I suffered really bad anxiety for 2 years before I met him

Were you on any prescribed medication for the bad spells of anxiety? I'm just asking because if you were then you might want to talk to your doctor about the situation. They might give you something mild to settle your nerves should you need it. I'm not advocating taking drugs but if your anxiety was that bad before then you need to safeguard yourself just in case.

Definitely go. I'll buy you a drink!

Knew that was coming.

One thing I've learned from reading what people have to say for themselves here, lots and lots of us have problems with anxiety. I promise that this is something that will be understood by those around you and the support people there if ever needed.

Alot of people (myself included) have found propanalol to be very helpful with anxiety issues, speak to your GP if you feel you need a little extra help. I can assure you that you'll be surrounded by brilliant, supportive people who will put you at ease and such thoughts and concerns will be forgotten within a day of arrival.

I was prepared to go on my own on my first visit in 2010, but my mate managed to get a ticket in the April resale.

The prospect of going solo didn't faze me, and like a few other posters, I do spend a fair amount of time on the Farm alone anyhow, as it is the perfect place to do such a thing. You'll meet all kinds of wonderful people on your travels and you'll not feel alienated in the slightest.

Were you on any prescribed medication for the bad spells of anxiety? I'm just asking because if you were then you might want to talk to your doctor about the situation. They might give you something mild to settle your nerves should you need it. I'm not advocating taking drugs but if your anxiety was that bad before then you need to safeguard yourself just in case.

Nah I didn't take any meds, got a new job and that helped!

Nah I didn't take any meds, got a new job and that helped!

Great news! The medical people on site are also amazing I believe - if you do feel yourself getting a bit antsy it's always worth just making yourself familiar with where to go to find any friendly ears to help out & calm your nerves.