Glastocam!

pauladam

Is it just me or is it now pointing even further to the right?

you may be right - it may just be the way the sun is shining but ' on the far left ' yesterday you could see the fence but today you cant .
perhaps someone adjusted it 'the wrong way ' - don't they have any brains ?
why the hell is it set at such a range with it showing so much sky - it does not make sense -

I think it's set up on the back of a roof. If it pointed down more you would just see more roof. Better the sky than that. Of that's right though, they could have positioned it better.

Don't think it's to do with where it's pointed, the camera is capable of getting a lot more in, they have just cropped out the bottom for privacy reasons.

Don't think it's to do with where it's pointed, the camera is capable of getting a lot more in, they have just cropped out the bottom for privacy reasons.

Exactly. If you look at WickedFaerie's panoramas, you'll see a few houses that would be in the webcam if it was pointed much further down. They could probably angle it down a bit more, but they've pointed it high for a reason.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Doesn't look like it's changed angle over the past few days, apologies if this mucks up formatting of this post.

2015-05-18-09-10-00

09-10-00_default.jpg

2015-05-19-09-10-00

09-10-00_default.jpg

2015-05-20-09-10-00

09-10-00_default.jpg

2015-05-21-09-10-00

09-10-00_default.jpg

For the record each image is held separately on their servers so you can go back and download older shots. The url structure is:

https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/2015/05/18/09-10-00_default.jpg

In the above it's the 18th April at 9.10am

The cam seems to update every 5mins but not all the time so some files are missing in the sequence.

Edited by Ponyegg

Exactly. If you look at WickedFaerie's panoramas, you'll see a few houses that would be in the webcam if it was pointed much further down. They could probably angle it down a bit more, but they've pointed it high for a reason.

Im not saying that the cameras view being cropped and its zoom limited is not for privacy issues (I think they are) but most of the houses in her panorama are outside of the field of view of the glastocam by virtue of the nature of them being behind the camera, near the village.

Does anyone have a screen capture from the glastocams original pics before it was taken down and cropped?

It would be interesting to see what exactly was in the field of view further to the east from what we see now

Im not saying that the cameras view being cropped and its zoom limited is not for privacy issues (I think they are) but most of the houses in her panorama are outside of the field of view of the glastocam by virtue of the nature of them being behind the camera, near the village.

Does anyone have a screen capture from the glastocams original pics before it was taken down and cropped?

It would be interesting to see what exactly was in the field of view further to the east from what we see now

with the old cam and this one before it was cropped you could see the yard in front of the barns

You've convinced me. They are idiots!

The angle this year also means we most definitely wont see the Mandela bar going up

your right - I will ask the set up crew to bang a flag on it - it is annoying as I used to spot motorised buggies and would have a fair idea who was driving and would call them up to give me a wave.

so much is missing due to the daft field of view

You've convinced me. They are idiots!

Yeah with the right cropped I can (kind of) understand due to there perhaps being houses in that direction that might have had a pop problem with it but the high crop is just preventing view of a yard with the occasional tractor coming in to shot

I think its for the privacy of the cows and ME's top farming techniques. Now he possesses the award for top dairy farmer he aint letting it go and he sure as hell aint allowing the competition a view of his dairy yard handling via a live webcam!

Its a dairy farm defensive battle strategy

10982698_1841943636030209_87414284496762

This post of a screen grab by psydersuze shows the full range to the east in the original stream and from what I can make out there is little to no privacy issues here other than those that the farm would have about themselves

Any distant homes over the other side of the valley would be protected from the limited zoom that is now in place

This post of a screen grab by psydersuze shows the full range to the east in the original stream and from what I can make out there is little to no privacy issues here other than those that the farm would have about themselves

Any distant homes over the other side of the valley would be protected from the limited zoom that is now in place

I agree there doesn't look like there would have been an issue, perhaps someone over there kicked up such a fuss about it that the view we now see was their only option.

It is a shame, we're missing half of the site nearly :(

Edited by JayBalls

Doesn't look like it's changed angle over the past few days, apologies if this mucks up formatting of this post.

2015-05-18-09-10-00

09-10-00_default.jpg

2015-05-19-09-10-00

09-10-00_default.jpg

2015-05-20-09-10-00

09-10-00_default.jpg

2015-05-21-09-10-00

09-10-00_default.jpg

For the record each image is held separately on their servers so you can go back and download older shots. The url structure is:

https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/2015/05/18/09-10-00_default.jpg

In the above it's the 18th April at 9.10am

The cam seems to update every 5mins but not all the time so some files are missing in the sequence.

Angles aside, those photos are flippin' beautiful!