Secret resales 2015

Terence99

22 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

Yeah this needs to be my last day of constant watch or I'm going to get the sack. Need to start relying on the alerts but it's so hard not to keep checking (and posting on here lol!) 

As long as you're near a pc and have the ticket page open (or have your phone set up for buying) I'd rely on the alerts. I only had one page monitored, on one service (checkpage) but I swear Neil's alert came crucial milliseconds before the page change was visible (with 2 alerts in the 7 minutes before) and that was enough.  It's great following the posts here but life has to go on too! 

Really hope there are more tickets to come and best of luck everyone.

7 minutes ago, Starchild771 said:

What activities do you have to pay for at Boomtown?

I'm not really interested in big names as long as the music is good.

I can't remember I may be wrong, I know the longer you wait to buy your ticket the more you have to pay. I don't like being in front of the main stage all festival but I like seeing at least one of my favourite bands I haven't seen before 

1 minute ago, Jamie D said:

The thread turned in to Facebook for a while. Discussed alternative festivals. No news on tickets.

It's strange, usually discussion of alternative festivals gets them faffing with a few pointless page-changes just to get us back on-topic and awake

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dizzymoo said:

As long as you're near a pc and have the ticket page open (or have your phone set up for buying) I'd rely on the alerts. I only had one page monitored, on one service (checkpage) but I swear Neil's alert came crucial milliseconds before the page change was visible (with 2 alerts in the 7 minutes before) and that was enough.  It's great following the posts here but life has to go on too! 

Really hope there are more tickets to come and best of luck everyone.

Thing is, I was relying on the alerts Thurs and wasn't quick enough. I had Siblin's, my other half had checkpage and we both missed out. I've been burned by that now and can't stop watching the screen! Sigh. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

Ooh I like this winning tickets talk! 

I am the aforementioned girlfriend who won Bestival tickets. I won them in the local Bournemouth paper, whose main demographics are angry, bored pensioners. I imagine I was the only one who entered!

1 minute ago, Dr Glasto said:

Thing is, I was relying on the alerts Thurs and wasn't quick enough. I had Siblin's, my other half had checkpage and we both missed out. I've been burned by that now and can't stop watching the screen! Sigh. 

Read loads on here who had all that and were right on it but still missed out. Myself I was making a cup of tea

Just now, eviepeach said:

I am the aforementioned girlfriend who won Bestival tickets. I won them in the local Bournemouth paper, whose main demographics are angry, bored pensioners. I imagine I was the only one who entered!

haha those competitions are the best. I also won bestival tickets for this year from their twitter page! Wasn't many entries for that either which was surprising. 

Just now, eviepeach said:

Ha! That's good competition thinking right there. I suppose the only problem with Glastonbury is that now even angry bored pensioners want tickets!!

5 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

I can't remember I may be wrong, I know the longer you wait to buy your ticket the more you have to pay. I don't like being in front of the main stage all festival but I like seeing at least one of my favourite bands I haven't seen before 

Ah ok... I'm fine with most of that stuff so it should be a good fit for me. :D

1 minute ago, Travis Tee said:

Read loads on here who had all that and were right on it but still missed out. Myself I was making a cup of tea

At least you had a cup of tea as a consolation prize! Yeah it was ridiculously fast. My mate got tickets and went straight back in for us but it was all over. I just got the tickets unavailable message right from the off. 

3 minutes ago, eviepeach said:

Ha! What are you doing spying on my posts again?!

3 minutes ago, Travis Tee said:

My electricity had kindly been switched off by a visiting electrician. Just for those ten minutes of the whole of last week, mind. With that sense of ironic timing he should start an alternative career in stand-up comedy.

Just now, Starchild771 said:

Sooo... has anyone won anything yet? I sense people are starting to lose hope :cry:

I may have ruined my chances of winning with the guardian by emailing and asking when they are announcing the winners haha I am so impatient. But she said later on this afternoon they will start contacting people. 

1 minute ago, Dr Glasto said:

I also had the booking page prefilled and that worked when the 'buy tickets' button on the main page didn't.  I'm not sure that's open any more as I think the link now just goes to the main ticket page.  If it came back that would be a strong indication of an impending sale. 

I realise this will just give you more incentive to watch instead of relying on alerts!  The Guardian has some tickets up for grabs (sorry if I'm telling you what you already know)