Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

haha my boyfriend said that too, I can understand though he works 6 days a week and only really gets Christmas and the odd few days off, he said he didn't fancy working during his time off which is fair enough. Fingers crossed you win tickets! 

Same with my husband, still, I'm not happy!!

I'm quite shy so don't think I'd be very good volunteering on my own!

3 minutes ago, rachelhop said:

I am just not getting anything done! The house is a tip the dog is so fed up waiting all day and only going out in the evening and shopping needs to be done! I have three kids life needs to happen! But I want to go so bad:unsure:

Hear ya.  I ended up with a stiff neck last week pouring over my laptop (and a house like a complete pigsty), which I've now placed just inside the front door while I try and dig the front garden waiting on an alert text.  Then still having to come in and check every 5 mins in case the page changes nanoseconds before the alert text. It's torture!

5 minutes ago, rachelhop said:

I am just not getting anything done! The house is a tip the dog is so fed up waiting all day and only going out in the evening and shopping needs to be done! I have three kids life needs to happen! But I want to go so bad:unsure:

Yeah this needs to be my last day of constant watch or I'm going to get the sack. Need to start relying on the alerts but it's so hard not to keep checking (and posting on here lol!) 

Which other festivals would you people recommend going to, I've been Download and Leeds festival before which I had a great time at as they both had great line ups at the time but they didn't have much going on outside the music, i was thinking of going just for the day at one of these two festivals. Other festivals I'm interested in are Wilderness and Boomtown which both look really cool, surreal and spiritual but they aren't really renowned for their music plus I've seen most the bands headlining Wilderness even if Flaming Lips are playing Soft Bulletin. I'd love to go abroad to a festival but don't think I'd be able to do that but I'd be interested if anyone recommends any abroad too.      

3 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

Which other festivals would you people recommend going to, I've been Download and Leeds festival before which I had a great time at as they both had great line ups at the time but they didn't have much going on outside the music, i was thinking of going just for the day at one of these two festivals. Other festivals I'm interested in are Wilderness and Boomtown which both look really cool, surreal and spiritual but they aren't really renowned for their music plus I've seen most the bands headlining Wilderness even if Flaming Lips are playing Soft Bulletin. I'd love to go abroad to a festival but don't think I'd be able to do that but I'd be interested if anyone recommends any abroad too.      

I've heard Wilderness is great, people have also likened Bestival to Glastonbury. 

Just now, cb4747 said:

I've heard Wilderness is great, people have also likened Bestival to Glastonbury. 

Bestival has definitely taken massive influence from Glastonbury, with its themed stages and installations and everything 'other' that is going on. It's got a great range of music as well-but it's definitely targeted at young people, so it can be a bit of a weird environment if you're used to festivals with a bit of a broader demographic. 

8 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

There's been a couple of threads on good Glastonbury alternatives if you have a quick search. I think the general consensus seems to have been Boomtown, Latitude, Bestival, Bearded Theory, depending on which bits of Glastonbury you like best.

The Sziget festival in Budapest keeps coming up too - no arena with camping everywhere and take booze wherever etc. A very eclectic line-up too. I might try this one in the fallow year. 

Edited by Dr Glasto

Just now, cb4747 said:

I think Bestival was like Glastonbury in the past but it wasn't so much when we went (2014).

Bestival is good but there's a lot of annoying teenagers and it just feels a lot more fake/commercial than Glastonbury. Having to go through security to get in to the arena and not being able to take your drinks/whatever you want is really annoying but fully understand Glastonbury is quite unique in this respect.

Also heard good things about WIlderness. I think if  you're main aim is to replicate the late night areas of Glastonbury then Boom Town might be a good bet.

5 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Yeah Bestival is on my list, I'd want to see The Cure and Animal Collective but I'm not too interested in the other bands and the Isle of White is bit harder to get to.

44 minutes ago, Mandroman said:

No licence here so another one not following the coverage. Will tune out of 6music too just to make sure. 

Tv licence top tip: ignore the to the occupier letters & tell them to do one if they come to your door. They have no powers & you don't have to cooperate or even give them your name 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

1 minute ago, Joshuwarr said:

It would be nice for See or Glastonbury just to 100% rule out anymore secret resales. Would save people a lot of stress/hassle

Exactly this. I suppose they aren't 100% sure though as possible people could cancel using there insurance? 

Just now, mgc07 said:

Yeah Bestival is on my list, I'd want to see The Cure and Animal Collective but I'm not too interested in the other bands and the Isle of White is bit harder to get to.

Yep. And they massively bump up the ferry prices. I think we ended up paying £200 return for the ferry including the car although it was all a bit last minute.

1 minute ago, Jamie D said:

Yep. And they massively bump up the ferry prices. I think we ended up paying £200 return for the ferry including the car although it was all a bit last minute.

The Solent is the most expensive stretch of water to cross in the world apparently.

Just now, Dr Glasto said:

Ouch!

We weren't going to go as I would normally refuse to be taken advantage of in that way! But my girlfriend won tickets (yes it can happen!) and I managed to get a massive discount on a pre-erected tent in a premium site with showers etc thanks to some connections so the £200 ferry crossing was less painful to swallow!

The only problem with Wilderness and Boomtown is you have to pay for a lot of activities on top of your ticket price so you can end up paying a fortune. Boomtown would be great but there's no real big bands to look forward to. 

3 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

The only problem with Wilderness and Boomtown is you have to pay for a lot of activities on top of your ticket price so you can end up paying a fortune. Boomtown would be great but there's no real big bands to look forward to. 

What activities do you have to pay for at Boomtown?

I'm not really interested in big names as long as the music is good.

Edited by Starchild771

By the way I wouldn't recommend pre-erected tents at Bestival. The showers were great but the trade in was any kind of campsite atmosphere and it was a bit like what a festival would be like in Communist Russia with all the identical tents exactly positioned in rows.

2 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

We weren't going to go as I would normally refuse to be taken advantage of in that way! But my girlfriend won tickets (yes it can happen!) and I managed to get a massive discount on a pre-erected tent in a premium site with showers etc thanks to some connections so the £200 ferry crossing was less painful to swallow!

Ooh I like this winning tickets talk! 

Just now, Jamie D said:

By the way I wouldn't recommend pre-erected tents at Bestival. The showers were great but the trade in was any kind of campsite atmosphere and it was a bit like what a festival would be like in Communist Russia with all the identical tents exactly positioned in rows.

I've been trying to find reviews for podpad camping and pink moon camping but can't find many, are these the ones you mean? 

1 minute ago, billum said:

Apparently per mile it's more expensive than travelling by Concorde (for those who remember what that was!)

Wow. I actually lived in Portsmouth many years ago when completely skint and never made it over to the Isle of Wight. Now I remember why.

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I've been trying to find reviews for podpad camping and pink moon camping but can't find many, are these the ones you mean? 

No. I didn't want to say which one it was as I was given a discount as a favour and yet I'm on here telling everyone I wouldn't recommend it! I'll DM you...