Secret resales 2015

Terence99

9 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I had to beg my boss to let me go last year after I won tickets. I made him a cake  and he said he couldn't refuse haha 

Made him a cake..  That's not a euphemism is it?? :huh:

I had tickets but had to cancel em , only to be told after we cancelled em we could of gone , my mates are going and won't stop talking about it , really makes me wanna go now , I know. Somebody who is working at Glastonbury they go today so she will let us know if anybody doesn't turn up , hopefully 2 people will drop out 

3 hours ago, themuel said:

To be fair to them, every time anyone got in touch they said explicitly that there would be no resale this year. They really couldn't have been clearer, people just chose not to believe them. 

Except that in past years they have always replied to individual queries with 'there will be no flash sale', and then they go and have a sale anyway. So it's no wonder we didn't believe them. A general annoucement along the lines of 'we have had flash sales in past years but this will not happen this year due to [insert reason]'.

They cannot be unaware of this thread and others like it, and it would have saved us all a lot of stress, not to mention opportunist 'ticket sellers'!

5 minutes ago, halfasausage said:

Except that in past years they have always replied to individual queries with 'there will be no flash sale', and then they go and have a sale anyway. So it's no wonder we didn't believe them. A general annoucement along the lines of 'we have had flash sales in past years but this will not happen this year due to [insert reason]'.

They cannot be unaware of this thread and others like it, and it would have saved us all a lot of stress, not to mention opportunist 'ticket sellers'!

I really do understand all that, but every time they were asked they said no, and as mentioned before, it even went so far as people being told that the returned tickets had been reallocated. 

I dont blame anyone for keeping the faith and hoping for a resale, but the festival aren't at fault, they didn't lead anyone on. If they had made an announcement would anyone on here have honestly believed them? 

12 minutes ago, themuel said:

I really do understand all that, but every time they were asked they said no, and as mentioned before, it even went so far as people being told that the returned tickets had been reallocated. 

I dont blame anyone for keeping the faith and hoping for a resale, but the festival aren't at fault, they didn't lead anyone on. If they had made an announcement would anyone on here have honestly believed them? 

If they had made an announcement or replied privately to individuals acknowledging the previous sales and then saying this year it wouldn't be happening it would have been more 'definite'.

54 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

And everyone knows this is 'fever season'.

Got to say just judging by your typing you look like you're coming down with something nasty!! :D

you could be right .lol

I have always have had a difficult time getting leave at work. My boss is lovely and always wants me to go to Glastonbury as he knows I love it so much. There is one girl who is difficult, each year if I get a ticket in October she always says 'its too far in advance, what  if I want that week off' (Glasto weeks clashes with her wedding anniversary). She's even said in the past 'you can find out in April if you can go or not' . I think its a bit shit to be honest, I cover everyone else's leave, fit around everyone else and it's the only 'fixed week' a year that I want.

The irony is I'm trained to cover her role but she isn't trained to cover mine, you could argue that I'm being nice by covering her holidays which I might add always seem to be at my worst possible time.

6 minutes ago, Charcolate said:

If they had made an announcement or replied privately to individuals acknowledging the previous sales and then saying this year it wouldn't be happening it would have been more 'definite'.

That's just what I was trying to say - it would have convinced me that there was no hope.

To acknowledge the sales would set a precedent and people would expect answers every year when in actual fact they probably wouldn't be able to give answers.

The trouble with these sales is that over the last few years they have become a 'thing' and now sadly they are expected. Because it hasn't happened this year people are getting angry absolutely for purely selfish reasons. Nobody knows the actual circumstances regarding the criteria for releasing tickets but they obviously weren't met this year for whatever reason. As pissed off and truly gutted that I am for not having a ticket this year it is neither See's nor GFL's fault.

8 minutes ago, Kris1980 said:

you could be right .lol

I have always have had a difficult time getting leave at work. My boss is lovely and always wants me to go to Glastonbury as he knows I love it so much. There is one girl who is difficult, each year if I get a ticket in October she always says 'its too far in advance, what  if I want that week off' (Glasto weeks clashes with her wedding anniversary). She's even said in the past 'you can find out in April if you can go or not' . I think its a bit shit to be honest, I cover everyone else's leave, fit around everyone else and it's the only 'fixed week' a year that I want.

The irony is I'm trained to cover her role but she isn't trained to cover mine, you could argue that I'm being nice by covering her holidays which I might add always seem to be at my worst possible time.

You should burst her tea bag. That'll fix her!:)

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

To acknowledge the sales would set a precedent and people would expect answers every year when in actual fact they probably wouldn't be able to give answers.

The trouble with these sales is that over the last few years they have become a 'thing' and now sadly they are expected. Because it hasn't happened this year people are getting angry absolutely for purely selfish reasons. Nobody knows the actual circumstances regarding the criteria for releasing tickets but they obviously weren't met this year for whatever reason. As pissed off and truly gutted that I am for not having a ticket this year it is neither See's nor GFL's fault.

I agree, I'm really disappointed, but not angry with anyone for there not being an additional sale. 

Just now, Kris1980 said:

Sorry for the rant, she doesn't understand how much it means to me :(

She even said to me 'its just a festival' in the past!

Just a festival? You should put salt in her tea instead of sugar. That'll fix her even more!:D

• Upvote 1

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

Just a festival? You should put salt in her tea instead of sugar. That'll fix her even more!:D

To me its everything I enjoy in life. Great music, great company and just amazing. I actually cry as I leave every year as I don't want it to end.

I like that, have an up vote xxx