Secret resales 2015

Terence99

6 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

It would be adding, it would still be from returned tickets. But rather than sell them on, give more to the corporate fat cats. While at the same time companies make money from web tracking services.

I'm not sure what benefit the festival would see by giving away a greater number of tickets than they had budgeted for, and it would still be a breach of the license conditions. It could happen of course, but without something to point to it happening I'm sure it's something they'd want to avoid. Emily has been pretty vocal in the past about cutting down on corporate sponsorship so I can't see that she'd want to get into bed with fat cats. 

51 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

just a reminder, if you have several people trying for you BUT not for everyone you are trying for, you could end up with some in the group having tickets (bought by others) and some not, if this happens it will cause delays if you get a page because when you hit proceed it will come back saying some reg`s have been used!!!!!   As last year it lasted approx 90 sec`s you will not have time to identify and delete those reg`s that have been used and then re-submit.

I am trying for a pair of tickets for somebody and an individual ticket so as long as we can put 4 registrations in I won't cause any problems, right? 

If we just get 2 I will try for the individual first along with my individual and then go back in for the pair. Wouldn't want 1 of the pair to end up going by them selves!

2 minutes ago, Charcolate said:

I am trying for a pair of tickets for somebody and an individual ticket so as long as we can put 4 registrations in I won't cause any problems, right? 

If we just get 2 I will try for the individual first along with my individual and then go back in for the pair. Wouldn't want 1 of the pair to end up going by them selves!

You can usually buy up to 4 in one transaction so should be ok.

Morning Glastonaughts, nice to see you all raring to go on a Monday! I actually took most of the day off yesterday, got some fresh air, washed my hair, cooked a roast and cried with laughter watching Life of Brian. Hope nobody starts being a Biggus Dickus here this week, let's have some more positive silliness!

2 minutes ago, musky said:

I'm not sure what benefit the festival would see by giving away a greater number of tickets than they had budgeted for, and it would still be a breach of the license conditions. It could happen of course, but without something to point to it happening I'm sure it's something they'd want to avoid. Emily has been pretty vocal in the past about cutting down on corporate sponsorship so I can't see that she'd want to get into bed with fat cats. 

GF claim it has happened, or at least the returned tickets have been absorbed somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Charcolate said:

It's gonna be a problem if 1 of those individuals was able to buy his/her own ticket before you could buy all four. If that happens, you're gonna get an error for 1 of the tickets and you'll lose valuable time, which could result you missing out due to one of the others.

So if you're grouping up, make sure everyone is using the same group, and just that one group!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Robinn said:

It's gonna be a problem if 1 of those individuals was able to buy his/her own ticket before you could buy all four. If that happens, you're gonna get an error for 1 of the tickets and you'll lose valuable time, which could result you missing out due to one of the others.

So if you're grouping up, make sure everyone is using the same group, and just that one group!

Ohh I understand now. Well what a bloody shame. It just gets worse and worse. 

12 minutes ago, Bb-dog said:

GF claim it has happened, or at least the returned tickets have been absorbed somewhere.

GF or Seetickets have made similar claims every year. Even if it's just 20 tickets that's 5 grand, and there's plenty of small projects the festival supports that could really do with that money. 

At this point I'm confident there will be another sale. :)

• Upvote 1

Happy monday everyone! Don't forget to enter this competition if you need tickets https://www.gwr.com/destinations-and-events/competitions/2017/may/glastonbury-2017?utm_source=lesiure_customer&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Enter_Win&utm_content=EB1026854&utm_campaign=Engage I'm definitely confused by some of the things posted, are you all okay? I've made the decision to try Boardmasters this year, has anyone been before?