Daredevil

Mouseboy11

Didn't do a good job of explaining that's what he thought he was doing, it just showed him running a load of crime.

Did you really miss the entire story - not subplot, the main story - about him using crime money to fund redevelopment, kicking out residents, bribing politicians to get zoning permission to build skyscrapers, etc. etc. etc?

To drag a topic from across the other threads, You have heard of the SNP and their supporters right? :P

Fisk is a Thatcherite Tory. Not unlike Neil. :D

Did you really miss the entire story - not subplot, the main story - about him using crime money to fund redevelopment, kicking out residents, bribing politicians to get zoning permission to build skyscrapers, etc. etc. etc?

I must have been so involved in the boring action sequences that the adrenaline-pumping excitement of zoning passed me by.

• 9 months later...

been binging through the second series today. pretty great so far, although maybe not quite reaching the heights of the first. highlight is unarguably Jon Bernthal's performance as the Punisher - the few episodes that are light on him suffer because of it, and i'm stoked that he's getting his own show at some point

just finished this and stand by my earlier comments - the episodes that are Punisher-heavy are definitely the best, which unfortunately become less in the final few episodes so it was a little anti-climatic for me. not as good as the first series, but a select few episodes (mostly the ones with the ever brilliant fight scenes) are up there with the best

Watched 3 episodes so far, I'd say it's started strong, but not as strong as the first series did. The first series was only really let down for me by how much of the Kingpin wasn't working for me, but I've got no such worries about yer man from The Walking Dead as The Punisher.

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

The fight scenes throughout both series are great aren't they. The stairwell scene in this series (so far - only watched 4), and the corridor in series 1 in particular.

yep those 'single shot' fight scenes they seem to be incorporating in to every series are fantastic. didn't think it was possible to beat the corridor scene from the last series, but Daredevil with a gun taped to one hand and a chain on the other fighting down a stairwell? brilliant 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished it all. Some great moments again, Episode 3 from the roof top all the way down the stairs as one continuous shot was amazing.

Wasn't sure about John Bernthal as Punisher but he actually did a brilliant job. The first four episodes where it was the Punisher's set up were the strongest in the run. He got a bit more room to act in this than the Walking Dead. He also had the most brutal scenes in this season, the prison scene in particular was fantastic. Also his scenes with Deborah Ann Woll were some of the finest on show.

Elodie Yung is a great fit for Elektra in terms of how she looks, though i felt if she had bulked up a little it would've helped even more. I found the Elektra stuff to be a little tiresome but i did like how she appealed to Matt's darker side.  The moment where she cut the member of The Hand's throat made me gasp.

The Hand stuff felt a little wasted to be honest, they built up this big war but it felt a bit flat at the end of the season.

I did enjoy how the presented Matt with a problem by slowing their hearts and him having to listen for other sounds, added a new element and brought him back onto a level playing field.

Overall, not as good as season one, possibly too much going on. I might have enjoyed it more had we just focused on the Punisher and saved the Elektra stuff but i guess they don't quite know when season 3 will be coming and wanted to get some of their ideas in now.

I also think an entire episode should have been given to Fisk, showing him gaining power in the prison.

Final verdict: Season one is a 9 for me so this feels more like a 7 out of 10.

Edited by WS_Jack_III