Daredevil

Mouseboy11

Saw episode 1 last night, and I'm about to watch a couple more. I liked it well enough, I think my main enjoyment was that it was a character that I really love, the meat of the show itself wouldn't have been something that would have held my interest without ol' hornhead. The Marvel characters that have made it onto the silver screen so far haven't been my big favourites, with the exception of Thor and the X-Men (but I hadn't even started reading comics when the first X-Men came out so it really doesn't count), but I love Daredevil and I've read pretty much all of his series published since the Frank Miller (everything that's been collected in trade paperbacks anyway) so I do get a big kick out of the fact I'm watching a big budget Daredevil TV series. I understand they're following this with a Jessica Jones TV series, I really need them to not fuck that one up, I got into comics through reading Brian Bendis' stuff in the early 2000s, hence my love of Daredevil, Spider-Man and especially Jessica Jones. Alias remains one of my favourite comics to this day, and there's so little Jessica Jones material that I feel a lot more protective over her than most characters, they do a shit Daredevil, shit X-Men, shit Spider-Man, I'm no so bothered because they've been published for 50+ years with untold amounts of shit, but Jessica Jones to me is just the perfection of Alias and The Pulse.

only watched the first episode so far but it's much better than i expected - not as hammy as i anticipated,and i've heard it gets pretty dark as it goes. was gonna watch more tonight but the GOT leak got in the way, so this shall have to wait until tomorrow. got high hopes for it though

really need to give this a watch. had kind of written it off due to Agents Of Shield not being great but have heard nothing but good things about it

Yeah I had the same thing, I quickly got bored of Agents so I didn't bother with Carter thinking it would be another disappoint but I gave it a shot anyway and it's a very different and better show.

really need to give this a watch. had kind of written it off due to Agents Of Shield not being great but have heard nothing but good things about it

Agent Carter really is great, and I can imagine Daredevil being the same with the shorter run.

That said Agents of Sheild has got good again finally, they might need to start doing shorter seasons for it I think as both have only got really, late in the 2nd half. (Presumingly it will tie into Age of Ultron to.)

Really need to find time for Daredevil, been looking forward to it but everything released at once with AoS still on and GoT out...its thrown me off :P

Watched the second and third episodes last night and I take back what I said about me only being interested because it's Daredevil, this is legitimately really good, I'm very impressed with how they've made it relatively quiet for a superhero show. Not many big action set-pieces, but when you get one, it's fucking great.

• 3 weeks later...

Because of you lot I've just watched the first episode and it definitely shows promise.

I have 2 episodes left to go.

I thought it showed promise, I worried it was turning into the Least Convincing Thing Ever, then the writers gave me an episode which allayed those fears, now I'm starting to see it as having proper promise.

I thing Season 2 (assuming that's happening) will be roaring.

My main complaint is that the fight scenes almost always take place in complete bloody darkness. I'm sure they're very impressive but it's hard to be impressed when I can't see a bloody thing!

I have 2 episodes left to go.

I thought it showed promise, I worried it was turning into the Least Convincing Thing Ever, then the writers gave me an episode which allayed those fears, now I'm starting to see it as having proper promise.

I thing Season 2 (assuming that's happening) will be roaring.

Season 2 is confirmed as well as Daredevil being in The Defenders tv show too.

Ps which episode allayed the fears?

The sensei Kung-Fu / Morpheus Matrix training one.

Thought they were suggesting he was good at kung-fu & what appear to be Force Abilities because his dad was a boxer. Nope. He's good at kung-fu and Force Abilities because someone like Mace Windu trained him up.

• 1 month later...

The Hand was heavily hinted at in the first series, so I'd imagine they'll be a big thing (that'll be who Stick was training Matt for a war with). I think Punisher will serve as Matt's equal/opposite in that story as Kingpin did in the first - both trying to save the city (although how the hell Kingpin thought he was saving it, I do not know, he was very weak for me) but going about it in opposite ways, Punisher and DD will be both bringing down the Hand, but both in different ways.

I suppose Elektra could be brought in with The Hand, there was a throwaway reference to her in Matt and Foggy's university flashback.

He was "gentrification incarnate", he wanted to replace all the shitty/historic buildings with condos.

Didn't do a good job of explaining that's what he thought he was doing, it just showed him running a load of crime. The stupidest scene in the whole thing for me was him going on TV going "Hi, I'm going to make stuff way better in this city" without explaining what he was going to do or who the fuck he was. Then in the next episode people were saying "Oh people love Wilson Fisk, he's going to sort the city out" in a really nonspecific way, even though he's just an anonymous guy who's been on TV and said "I'm going to do good things", well good for you pal... what are they?

Then in the next episode people were saying "Oh people love Wilson Fisk, he's going to sort the city out" in a really nonspecific way, even though he's just an anonymous guy who's been on TV and said "I'm going to do good things", well good for you pal... what are they?

To drag a topic from across the other threads, You have heard of the SNP and their supporters right? :P

I really do need to watch this! Hopefully in the next week or so