Bangkok

Bisque

Yep go direct. We came back from Vietnam and had a two hour stop over in Doha. Super brand new airport but so boring. Whichever way you travel jet lag is a killer. But travelling itself is pretty grim. Our trip back took 24 hours, door-to-door.

If they could move Vietnam to about where Majorcia is I'd visit every year. But with 16-20 hours of flying it's a no no.

Yes, of course, how silly of me, you might miss an extra day at work..... so, if you are making £200 a day (after tax etc), you'd be a fool not to fly direct! For some weird reason I thought that this level of income would be unlikely, but I really shouldn't underestimate you, Couchy - sorry! ;)

Whatever you do, have a nice time! :)

In that case if you have the money then go direct, in my opinion. As TheGayTent says, airports are hell holes in the main.

Edinburgh airport you can buy champagne and oysters, Glasgow airport you can buy points of real ale, and if you have 8 hours in Schiphol you can comfortably get to an Amsterdam coffeeshop and back.

On the other hand, one hour at Norwich airport is two hours too long.

Someone's tired.

Likely, yes. Someone's also been skint for decades, and scrimping and saving has become a bit of habit, even though it isn't so necessary now. The difference is almost the price of a Glastonbury ticket!

And I've been in/to/through some hellholes, most airports don't make it anywhere near the top of that list. :crazy:

Tom's proposal is tempting, though.

And Norwich has an airport?? Learning something new every day 'round here.

Edited by midnight

Edinburgh airport you can buy champagne and oysters, Glasgow airport you can buy points of real ale, and if you have 8 hours in Schiphol you can comfortably get to an Amsterdam coffeeshop and back.

On the other hand, one hour at Norwich airport is two hours too long.

I know what you are saying - I've legged it in to Bangkok had a quick look around and then a massage and then legged it back to the airport for an onward flight once. However, we are talking Dubai here. What's to see?

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

Are you doing just Bangkok or any other bits of Thailand / S.E Asia? I was thinking of doing similar at the start of the year but ended up getting messed about by friends who may of been coming and then ended up doing nothing..

I went for the direct flight in the end. Travelling alone so won't have anyone else to blame if I miss my flight in Dubai.

Are you just going backpacking or having a gap yah?

You'll love bangkok, my uncles lives in Thailand, been to visit him a couples of times. Thai people are the kindest/most welcoming people you will ever meet, the vast majority of people will be happy to help if you need directions or something. Don't forget to try some of the street food.

Is it though? That was the point...

...anyway, hope you had some sleep.

Alright, half a GF ticket, then. ;)

Anyway, the oracle has spoken:

I went for the direct flight in the end. Travelling alone so won't have anyone else to blame if I miss my flight in Dubai.

Enjoy!

Godd night. :sleep:

Are you doing just Bangkok or any other bits of Thailand / S.E Asia? I was thinking of doing similar at the start of the year but ended up getting messed about by friends who may of been coming and then ended up doing nothing..

I'm going for the full moon party on the 2nd May. Booked flights at an extra expense rather than waste a day of the train & ferry.

Oh how I envy you - I love that part of the world.

I used to live in Malaysia. So nice to go back last year. Thailand has the party atmosphere though.

Are you just going backpacking or having a gap yah?

You'll love bangkok, my uncles lives in Thailand, been to visit him a couples of times. Thai people are the kindest/most welcoming people you will ever meet, the vast majority of people will be happy to help if you need directions or something. Don't forget to try some of the street food.

I'm dossing it! I've been before. I love the mix of Europeans, Americans & locals. Less so the w*nks from Australia.