Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Well, this week with Kanye and now the Kelis revelations about Nas. Dampening the excitement a bit.

I do think Kanye should be free to his opinions though. The reaction to his tweets this week has all been very 'big brother is watching'. Kanye is probably an exponent of doublethink anyway. 

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Bizarrely, his tweets began popping up on my twitter feed, when I checked it said I wasn’t following him, this morning it says I am following him - but I’ve never followed him before (his stream of nonsense clogs up my timeline) really odd. 

Yeah this happened to me too. Very strange situation.

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

Well, this week with Kanye and now the Kelis revelations about Nas. Dampening the excitement a bit.

I do think Kanye should be free to his opinions though. The reaction to his tweets this week has all been very 'big brother is watching'. Kanye is probably an exponent of doublethink anyway. 

I remember when I first read 1984.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Winslow Leach said:

Ingsoc were famous for their shade. Renowned for it. 

'War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength, slayyy kweeeeeeen.'

Where's the shade in the word 'Cancelled'? Ha.

It's a rejection of someone based on them liking something they don't agree with.

I don't agree either, but let the guy waffle on. As I say, he'll lean left again soon enough....and all will be forgotten, same as last time.

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

Kanye is free to his opinions. Why wouldn’t the fans be free to their opinions about Kanye’s new chums?

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But that’s not the case at all.

He was a powerful, unafraid voice for the oppressed people in America. Fans naturally feel disappointed and betrayed by his recent actions. 

Again, repeated use of 'Cancelled' on every tweet would suggest that it is. 

People are perfectly entitled to feel disappointed and betrayed. You can disagree with him without telling him how to think. That goes for the John Legend texts too.

2 minutes ago, ConorC said:

People are perfectly entitled to feel disappointed and betrayed. You can disagree with him without telling him how to think. That goes for the John Legend texts too.

You know random people on twitter don't literally have the power to cancel Kanye, right? As in, terminate his record contract or banish him to the Phantom Zone or whatever

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

Not too sure why I'm spending time on this, I don't care enough to be defending it. Suppose we'll just have to disagree on it.

Still hype for the album(s).

If you see John Legend’s text as someone trying to control Ye rather than a friend reaching out to rein him in, I would say you care more than you think you do. That’s exactly the stuff Kanye is flipping out over. Mental prisons and such.