Lineup 2016

Matt42

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Has to happen, surely? Be pretty surprising if they play no festivals all summer. I think they've sold out four nights at Sheffield Academy which is very impressive.

Four nights at O2 Academy in their hometown after 8 years away was to be expected. I don't think R+L will have taken much notice of their comeback. I can see them doing a few of the smaller festival's I.E Truck Fest and stuff but not at the majors

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just hoping for Django Django, Wolf Alice, Catfish, MGMT, Weezer, Sum 41, and Good Charlotte, but I know we'll be lucky if we even get one of these acts...

Also thinking about going this year, 17 from Ireland, Basically nobody I know is going is it worth it? Really want to see RHCP, Slaves, FOB, Biffy, Rat Boy, Cage the Elephant, Foals and loads more!

1 minute ago, shoncahill said:

I'm just hoping for Django Django, Wolf Alice, Catfish, MGMT, Weezer, Sum 41, and Good Charlotte, but I know we'll be lucky if we even get one of these acts...

Also thinking about going this year, 17 from Ireland, Basically nobody I know is going is it worth it? Really want to see RHCP, Slaves, FOB, Biffy, Rat Boy, Cage the Elephant, Foals and loads more!

i've never been by myself but i know people who have and they said it's pretty easy to make friends, i think there is a thread on here about people going on there own who are going to meet up at the festival maybe? something like that anyway

15 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They reportly told people they were back in the UK in August for festivals so it must've fallen through or they were playing Hevy.

Last I heard Hevy were talking to Brand New or trying to get Alexisonfire, but idk how reliable that source was as it was only mentioned in passing

There's plenty of bands that aren't "relevant" anymore already announced, Maximo Park haven't released anything good in years, Dillinger are hardly relevant, look at 2012, The Cure headlined, that shows beyond anything that you don't need to be relevant to play

Who are people expecting as the Lock Up headliner? I seem to remember something a while back with Dan P Carter hinting that Good Charlotte could be playing R&L, I can't quite remember properly. New Found Glory did it last year and I shouldn't think the two are too dissimilar in size. 

11 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

There's plenty of bands that aren't "relevant" anymore already announced, Maximo Park haven't released anything good in years, Dillinger are hardly relevant, look at 2012, The Cure headlined, that shows beyond anything that you don't need to be relevant to play

The Cure have a bit more of a legacy and therefore reason to be booked than Sum-41 ffs.

Maxïmo Park is a lame booking but they'll command less of a slot than Sum-41 would.