Lineup 2016

Matt42

Just now, thelemon said:

Well Mastodon was a start but they really need to get some good names in on Thursday. There are a handful of decent acts there but a handful isn't enough. Looking at other festivals, if at least two of Wolf Alice, Tame Impala, TLSP, Catfish or Grimes aren't there they've fucked it up big time.

not really as they'll sell out just like every other year but i take your point, we need stronger subs and 3rd down type acts, i still think the smaller bands they've gotten like cage the elephant, NBT, EODM, slaves etc is on the better side of average. any of the artists you named would be good additions though and heavily requested ones

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Well Mastodon was a start but they really need to get some good names in on Thursday. There are a handful of decent acts there but a handful isn't enough. Looking at other festivals, if at least two of Wolf Alice, Tame Impala, TLSP, Catfish or Grimes aren't there they've fucked it up big time.

Well considering Tame Impala and Grimes aren't acts they could've booked you're in for a shocker here

Also to the dude comparing Fetty Wap and Bieber; you're a fucking clownman

Wolf Alice told someone on here after a gig they weren't doing Reading, obviously they could have been booked since or just lied, but seems unlikely, Tame Impala are already playing in America that weekend. TLSP is possible, Catfish i feel like they'll be held back for next year to play third down or headline NME and i dont think they'd book Grimes, doesn't really suit much of the other music.

Edited by Gozpot

3 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Well considering Tame Impala and Grimes aren't acts they could've booked you're in for a shocker here

they're both pretty dreadful sellout artists. though i will admit, wetty is new level of shocking

Edited by DirtyChorizo

2 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

i never compared them, i just said that based on the fact they'd book someone like Fetty Wap shows they aren't afraid to book utter shite

10 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

they're both pretty dreadful sellout artists. though i will admit, wetty is new level of shocking

fetty wap isn't a sellout and you didn't listen to him before trap queen

10 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

i never compared them, i just said that based on the fact they'd book someone like Fetty Wap shows they aren't afraid to book utter shite

your favourite band is also shite

2 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

fetty wap isn't a sellout and you didn't listen to him before trap queen

your favourite band is also shite

Seeing as pretty much everyone agreed that in 2014 Blink killed it and seemingly nobody but you is pleased about Fetty Wap being at Reading i think that says a lot.

16 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Seeing as pretty much everyone agreed that in 2014 Blink killed it and seemingly nobody but you is pleased about Fetty Wap being at Reading i think that says a lot.

Blink were beyond awful in 2014 and I remember a lot on here were really disappointed.

Everyone calling him Fetty Wap is so funny and original wow. 

I'm not expecting any fireworks from Thursday's announcement but I'm hoping for someone from; Thrice, Brand New, La Dispute, The Front Bottoms, Mac DeMarco or Jimmy World (I swear I like British bands too). Either way I'm happy with the lineup thus far and I'm excited to see what Thursday throws at us, I'm sure there'll be someone good in there that I hadn't even considered. 

I'm definitely relying on this last announcement less than I did in the previous two years. I think the initial lineup is stronger on the whole if a bit predictable.

Hoping for Black Peaks, Augustines, Bloc Party, The Kills, Cold War Kids, Milburn, Spector and Brian Fallon. I'd say it's likely we'll get a few of those.

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I'm definitely relying on this last announcement less than I did in the previous two years. I think the initial lineup is stronger on the whole if a bit predictable.

Hoping for Black Peaks, Augustines, Bloc Party, The Kills, Cold War Kids, Milburn, Spector and Brian Fallon. I'd say it's likely we'll get a few of those.

fallon is a SR so hopefully

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Milburn would be awesome, such a good booking if they have gone for it 

Just now, DownInAlbion said:

Milburn would be awesome, such a good booking if they have gone for it 

Has to happen, surely? Be pretty surprising if they play no festivals all summer. I think they've sold out four nights at Sheffield Academy which is very impressive.

4 minutes ago, DownInAlbion said:

Really wanted tickets but that's so far away from me, if they're at reading I will be pretty impressed 

Yeah I'm not really a big enough of a fan to go to a gig of theirs, especially in Sheffield, but it'd be cool to see them at Leeds.

Just now, Foals/Disclosure said:

Hoping for Catfish, MGMT, Bloc Party, Spector, Swim Deep, Temples, Yak, King Gizzard & The Lizard, Bavian and The Hives. To be honest, I'd be surprised with 3 of these.

Yak self confirmed i think, catfish and MGMT are ambitious especially the latter, but we'll see, just hoping they get the midcard looking stronger