Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

The older material still gets played a fairly decent amount. Looked at their setlists for the UK tour expecting to hardly any older stuff, it's still there. Not a great but still there I guess 

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fall-out-boy/2015/manchester-arena-manchester-england-bf47dca.html

To be fair you probably can't ask for more than 5/6 songs from their very 1st stuff anymore.

41 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Churches subbing Latitude so unlikely they'll sub Leeds too

Come on people. Whoever it is will be playing 3rd top, not subbing.

Stop getting hung up on it.

Chvrches playing 3rd would be not too different from the vaccines doing it in 2012.

30 minutes ago, kev1664 said:

Come on people. Whoever it is will be playing 3rd top, not subbing.

Stop getting hung up on it.

Chvrches playing 3rd would be not too different from the vaccines doing it in 2012.

I don't think Chvrches are anywhere near as hyped as the Vaccines were back then.

1 hour ago, oneoftherest said:

Churches subbing Latitude so unlikely they'll sub Leeds too

They'll be 3rd down no doubt about that.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Even if you look at the setlists they're playing at the moment, there's still enough older material in there. Saturday, Grand Theft Autumn, Sugar We're Going Down, Dance Dance, Hum Hallelujah and The Takeover... I'd be happy with that at R&L. 

And a little less sixteen candles, their last album was piss poor though.

1975 in the tent? Balls! 

Going to Leeds for the first time (only for the Biffy day) and was hoping 1975 would be on before FoB. 

Means I'm going to miss them at 2 festivals this year. Bah. Hope Frank Turner gets added on the Biffy day.

3 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

What are peoples thoughts on Friday with Jack U and BBK? I'm really hoping for someone like Tame Impala/Maccabees to be announced to play before Disclosure and Foals...

That's what I want too, hopefully they'll be announced at some point, they are a rumour 

5 hours ago, Anderson19 said:

1975 tent will be packed out seems very strange for them to be playing in there not a good call.

Yeah it seems kinda ill-advised. They would've served as a strong alternative to GNR or something (if they would've needed one) but now it's just way too big. I'd wait and see if it's officially announced that they're in there.

Not sure about Leeds this year. T looks a lot stronger in general although there are a couple of really great bands at Leeds this year that could sway me. Guess it depends on the next lot of lineups, but right now I see it this way:

Leeds AND T:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Disclosure
The Courteeners
Oliver Heldens
Hannah Wants
Maximo Park
Jack Garratt
Slaves
Blossoms
Rat Boy

Leeds:
Foals
CHVRCHES
Twenty One Pilots
Crystal Castles
The Neighbourhood
Nothing But Thieves
Two Door Cinema Club
Haim
Eagles Of Death Metal
Hinds
Sundara Karma
Biffy Clyro
The Vaccines
The Wombats
Savages
Cage The Elephant

T:
The Stone Roses
Jamie xx
The Coral
The Last Shadow Puppets
Catfish And The Bottlemen
Kaiser Chiefs
Travis
Tinie Tempah
Stiff Little Fingers
LCD Soundsystem
Chase And Status
Jake Bugg
FIDLAR

So there are more Leeds exclusives than T exclusives that I'd be interested in seeing (16 vs 13), but the acts at T are mostly stronger for me. Catfish, Shadow Puppets and obviously the Roses are massive for me, as are Jamie xx and C&S, but then Leeds has The Vaccines, Foals, Hinds and CHVRCHES. So it's close right now for me, but I think T looks stronger, and that's despite having less acts announced (I think).

9 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Not sure about Leeds this year. T looks a lot stronger in general although there are a couple of really great bands at Leeds this year that could sway me. Guess it depends on the next lot of lineups, but right now I see it this way:

Leeds AND T:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Disclosure
The Courteeners
Oliver Heldens
Hannah Wants
Maximo Park
Jack Garratt
Slaves
Blossoms
Rat Boy

Leeds:
Foals
CHVRCHES
Twenty One Pilots
Crystal Castles
The Neighbourhood
Nothing But Thieves
Two Door Cinema Club
Haim
Eagles Of Death Metal
Hinds
Sundara Karma
Biffy Clyro
The Vaccines
The Wombats
Savages
Cage The Elephant

T:
The Stone Roses
Jamie xx
The Coral
The Last Shadow Puppets
Catfish And The Bottlemen
Kaiser Chiefs
Travis
Tinie Tempah
Stiff Little Fingers
LCD Soundsystem
Chase And Status
Jake Bugg
FIDLAR

So there are more Leeds exclusives than T exclusives that I'd be interested in seeing (16 vs 13), but the acts at T are mostly stronger for me. Catfish, Shadow Puppets and obviously the Roses are massive for me, as are Jamie xx and C&S, but then Leeds has The Vaccines, Foals, Hinds and CHVRCHES. So it's close right now for me, but I think T looks stronger, and that's despite having less acts announced (I think).

Take Biffy out of Leeds and it looks a no brainer. I wouldn't make an effort for one of those other Leeds acts, whereas I would for at least 7 at T including RHCP.

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it seems kinda ill-advised. They would've served as a strong alternative to GNR or something (if they would've needed one) but now it's just way too big. I'd wait and see if it's officially announced that they're in there.

In Kerrang this week they have interviews with Pete Wentz and Simon Neil, the last Q was to Pete about FOB bringing out any guests that feature on their songs. After he answers, Simon then says he's going to get FOB to come on with them to do G'n'R covers because everyone is pissed off that they're not playing. Could just be coincidental but does kind of lend itself to them being who FR couldn't get originally.