Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think that is changing. Look at the venues they've played on this last tour. They're getting bigger and bigger by doing the opposite of a band like BMTH. BMTH are actively trying to become the biggest band going, where as Shikari aren't. I honestly think that the day will come when they headline R&L. 

Lol!, Shikari couldn't even sell out 1 date at Ally Pally, they are only at the stage where BMTH were before changing their sound....and they may not even be at that yet lol. If you're not a Shikari fan....then you just don't care. It's not happening lol.

Edited by thewayiam

I adore Shikari, but sadly can't see them getting to headliner level any time soon. 3rd in 2017, then maybe sub 18/19 if they release another successful album. They've been one of the best live bands I have ever seen, only behind Kasabian.

Grouplove have played before back when they had a song on an advert or something - I think they're one of those bands that don't really tour worldwide because they're that much bigger in America that it's kinda pointless. No idea on San Cisco other than they have played before. Lots of bands like them play every year.

19 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Simple solution is for The 1975 not to play in the tent :lol:

Yes, but it still doesn't solve the issue of too many bands high up the bill for him to play, as The 1975 not in the tent means that The Vaccines are headlining the tent with A$AP under them, you really expect him to play 3rd on the NME? As like I said, I highly doubt 5FDP are playing lower than 4th on main.

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think that is changing. Look at the venues they've played on this last tour. They're getting bigger and bigger by doing the opposite of a band like BMTH. BMTH are actively trying to become the biggest band going, where as Shikari aren't. I honestly think that the day will come when they headline R&L. 

Yeah and the shows sold shit, Shikari will never ever headline R&L, unless they chase the money, but they really don't seem to be like the band to do that. It's not going to happen.

9 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Yes, but it still doesn't solve the issue of too many bands high up the bill for him to play, as The 1975 not in the tent means that The Vaccines are headlining the tent with A$AP under them, you really expect him to play 3rd on the NME? As like I said, I highly doubt 5FDP are playing lower than 4th on main.

ASAP isn't gonna sub NME - he did that last time and has got massively bigger since. far more likely for Main Stage, maybe fourth down. Five Finger Death Punch could easily play fifth. they may be big at Download but at R/L not quite as much. FFDP > ASAP > The Vaccines > FOB > Biffy

1 hour ago, KingPin said:

Are they big enough to headline Lock-up/pit?

I'd say they are but I think they're probably headline The Pit as opposed to The Lock Up but I think both headliners have been confirmed (not sure if Dillinger have been confirmed as a headliners for The Pit). At the moment they only have one EU date in August so I presume that there will be more added later but I'm doubtful that they'll do R&L though.

1 hour ago, Takyon said:

I'm hoping for La Dispute seeing as they're at Hevy Fest and ArcTanGent the week before R&L.

Would also love to see Brand New, Thrice and/or The Front Bottoms but I'm doubtful of those. 

Doubtful that La Dispute will play since they're at Hevy and ATG instead. Not many bands play Hevy or ATG and then play R&L. They're still a possibility I guess and I'd love them to play. I believe that The Front Bottoms have been announced for two festivals in Europe in August so they're still a possibility

42 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Doubtful that La Dispute will play since they're at Hevy and ATG instead. Not many bands play Hevy or ATG and then play R&L. They're still a possibility I guess and I'd love them to play. I believe that The Front Bottoms have been announced for two festivals in Europe in August so they're still a possibility

Ooh, fingers crossed for The Front Bottoms for me because I missed them at Leeds Stylus last month. 

25 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

ASAP is gonna sub, he's done an arena tour and very much fits the slot that Kendrick and Macklemore have done the last couple years. Unfortunately I can't see him in any other position unless maybe he headlined the NME. 

Vaccines are before him on the poster so they'll get the higher slot. that's my theory, anyway

Just now, FloorFiller said:

nah far too big for that. he'll either be headlining NME or fourth on Main

but most think that The 1975 are way way way to big to be headlining the NME, and Neil seems to think that that is happening so :shrug

Just now, KingPin said:

but most think that The 1975 are way way way to big to be headlining the NME, and Neil seems to think that that is happening so :shrug

i personally think The 1975 will be subbing and the NME headliners will be TDCC, The Vaccines and Jack U. makes more sense to me. The 1975 seem far too big for that. maybe there's been some moving around hence why the stage splits haven't been revealed yet

On 1 March 2016 at 0:51 AM, Will-2609 said:
2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

i personally think The 1975 will be subbing and the NME headliners will be TDCC, The Vaccines and Jack U. makes more sense to me. The 1975 seem far too big for that. maybe there's been some moving around hence why the stage splits haven't been revealed yet

I doubt vaccines would headline NME after headlining second stage down at latitude last year and an Autumn tour that didn't quite sell out

5 hours ago, Nick Aldous said:

I doubt vaccines would headline NME after headlining second stage down at latitude last year and an Autumn tour that didn't quite sell out

Headlining NME would be somewhat of a drop from last time so I don't see why not. Besides, they played arenas on that tour and also bands have headlined 2nd stage at Latitude and NME stage in the same summer before.