Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roller coaster city. Thursday looking bad all day but rain stopping at 9ish and not much more for the weekend apart from a patch Friday afternoon. I guess it is a case of see what it looks like tomorrow morning.

Hopefully the vast majority of the rain dumps itself tonight and early tomorrow morning.

Edited by mjcolbert

Hey Frostables am I right in thinking The Bad Apple only sold cider last year, which is why we moved to the Jolly Roger bar on Thursday night?

Any idea yet if this is the case this year?

I think the ale just wasn't ready yet at the bad apple? There's a new bar company this year apparently so hopefully it'll be different. I loiks a noice cider so I hope burrowhills are there again.

Hi all,

Couple of questions i'm hoping people can answer before we all head of tomorrow!

1. How far are the car parks from the Boomtique village? (I can see on the map distance wise, just wondering in terms of walking time fully loaded?)

2. How strict are they on searches through the gates for pedestrians? Are they likely to find hidden contraband?

Thanks!

Edited by Nick S

The alcohol allowance is a bit confusing:-

You may bring up to 16 x 440ml cans of lager/cider/beer, 17 x 250ml cans of premix spirit drinks or a 3-litre box of wine or 7 litres of cider/lager/beer, in plastic bottles or cans.

Is it one or the other, or can you bring one from each bit - ie 16 x 440ml cans AND 17 x 250ml premix OR the wine OR 7 litres.. or can I bring ALL of it, but no more than the limit for each one?

Ideally I want to bring the 7 litres of cider in cans and some premix spirits.....

You may bring up to 16 x 440ml cans of lager/cider/beer, 17 x 250ml cans of premix spirit drinks or a 3-litre box of wine or 7 litres of cider/lager/beer, in plastic bottles or cans.

Is it one or the other, or can you bring one from each bit - ie 16 x 440ml cans AND 17 x 250ml premix OR the wine OR 7 litres.. or can I bring ALL of it, but no more than the limit for each one?

Ideally I want to bring the 7 litres of cider in cans and some premix spirits.....

I believe its one or the other. You can try to bring more but be prepared to have to chuck it away.

my mate is already on site doing the lighting at the pirate ship ( i think - thats what he did last year at least!)

his words as of 10 minutes ago to the weather conditions are:

'alright at the moment, but pretty dusty so if it rains like its supposed to tomorrow it will be fairly boggy'

Edited by gooner1990

And is this per person per day? So for Thursday to Monday i could in theory bring 64 cans for myself?

So what you're saying is that the shitness of the weather is declining at such a rate that we can 100% expect a sunny, hot, pleasant weekend?

you know what, it's actually starting to look possible.

According to yesterday's weather forecasts I should be having torrential rain right now (in Brizzle), but i've looked at my rain radar a few times this morning, and all of the rain is so far staying pretty much in the English Channel rather than being 100+ miles northwards now as predicted - and from those radar pics the rain has been about stationary down there for the last hour and half (it only gives me the last hour and half).

So who knows? It's certainly not panning out as predicted, presumably because the colder system over the UK has pushed southwards rather than the hotter weather pushing northwards.

Edited by eFestivals

And = all these things

Or = only one of these things

It's about to start and about to get wet but it's looking a lot better than it was, and I scanned out Major Burrita and she says it's going to be amazing

you know what, it's actually starting to look possible.

According to yesterday's weather forecasts I should be having torrential rain right now (in Brizzle), but i've looked at my rain radar a few times this morning, and all of the rain is so far staying pretty much in the English Channel rather than being 100+ miles northwards now as predicted - and from those radar pics the rain has been about stationary down there for the last hour and half (it only gives me the last hour and half).

So who knows? It's certainly not panning out as predicted, presumably because the colder system over the UK has pushed southwards rather than the hotter weather pushing northwards.

[cautious optimism increases]

Hopefully. I'm only there for Friday and Saturday, sadly, due to other engagements, and I'm performing/working most of that time, but god, what I'd do for a festival with nice weather this year.

My first year at Boomtown, actually - I know its reputation, but... can anyone give me a decent idea of what to expect? Like, in a few sentences? I've done SGP half a dozen times so I've got a fairly decent idea, but I'm going in totally blind here.