Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not long to go now.

Does anyone have an idea of the day and time Gogol Bordello will be on? Fingers crossed I'm not on shift at the time.

I've had an awful day so struggling to get in the mood but I know in a few days I'll be loving it and feeling much better.

The weather is looking a bit poor for the start eh, but as kerplunk says it's stormy crap so location and strength hard to predict

Have faith though the ground here is incomparable to Glastonbury - when you dig holes it's a miracle to find more than 3" of soil before you hit chalk which drains excellently. Very few areas it even can get deep with mud and the areas that flooded are no longer public camping

Just be prepared - last year noone was. Utter chaos when the rain hit as everyone was dressed for the heights of summer.

That news article is criminally wrong - the coroner's report said nothing of the sort - misadventure, had drugs in her system but it was probably a nightmare accident as those loo door chains were terrifying.

They're all gone this year - all nice composting ones like glastonbury had that I've seen and many many more

Looks like it's going to be torrential rain from about 10am 'til 1pm tomorrow and not too bad the rest of the weekend. I was planning to get to Winchester for about 10am in the hope that this would mean I don't have to queue for ages, either for the shuttle bus from the station or to get in to the site either. Is this a good idea or will everyone be thinking the same resulting in this being the busiest time? This also probably means I'll be doing the majority of my queueing during the wettest part of the day. Don't want to start the weekend with everything soaked though (backpack is supposed to be waterproof but I dunno how much I trust it!), reckon I should wait a bit and go down later?

I quite like getting to festivals early so I can do a bit of a tour of the site before it gets too hectic and get my bearings, will there be stuff going on on Thursday afternoon once I'm all set up or will it be a ghost town?

Considering everyone wants to get in asap there's a good chance other people will be trying similar ideas. Cars were arriving from 8am last year

Seriously always without question line your rucksack with a large bin bag before packing anything - takes 10 seconds and you only need to see someone crying as they discover everything is soaked through once

Thursday is all laid back though with artists who will appear again over the weekend, there's no panic

Keeping weather fingers crossed, the rainfall amounts have halved since last night so fingers crossed it keeps going that way

Planning to arrive at Winchester station at 12, Will see what the weather is like. May wait in the pub for a bit if it is still torrential. Are the queues at all the gates ususuall quite long. Will be geting shuttle from the station. Hopefully the main bit of rain is coming through earlier now.

Edited by mjcolbert

Planning to arrive at Winchester station at 12, Will see what the weather is like. May wait in the pub for a bit if it is still torrential. Are the queues at all the gates ususuall quite long. Will be geting shuttle from the station. Hopefully the main bit of rain is coming through earlier now.

Queues at the main gate were quite long last year in the afternoon and it took 2 to 3 hours, but when I went out again at about 6.o'clock the queue was about 75% shorter.

Shuttle busses and coaches however come in a different entrance and it all looked pretty quiet when I pitched tent at about 5.0'clock, although I don't know what it was like earlier in the day.

Does anyone know which gate it is that the National Express Coaches drop off at?

Yea, last year about early afternoon was really crazy and i'd of been much better off sitting down and waiting for the queue to shrink as it was shoulder to shoulder in there under the hot sun. My friends turned up like a couple of hours after me and got in only half an hour after me.

Just be prepared - last year noone was. Utter chaos when the rain hit as everyone was dressed for the heights of summer.

Yeah it seemed to turn from sun to torrential rain in minutes last year - My Hawaiian shirt and shorts didn't really cope with it very well.