Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

Given the last couple of days*, I fully expect that every one of the 50+ bands I want to see will be on at exactly the same time!

*My accommodation cancelled on me yesterday afternoon. Nowt like short notice to focus your mind. On the way to being sorted now, but a bit of a shock for an hour or two, especially when I saw the price of the only available hotel in town!

Which hotel did cancel your reservation? What was the reason for letting You down?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But still no news if it includes the Soulwax night line up. Their communication to their customers has really pissed me off this year.

In all fairness, the Radio Soulwax bio suggests that the lineup is like an anniversary surprise. Quite possible that they aren't revealing it and just bill it as 'Radio Soulwax' for 6-8 hours straight.

Good news about the timetable coming out tomorrow, and also very welcome at the moment as I'm having similar accommodation issues as The New Union. Found out on Sunday night that the Ibis reservation I made via booking.com last September was not carried over when they changed hands. They don't have any spare rooms so I'm currently waiting to see whether they can free 2 up, otherwise I don't have anywhere to stay! Really pissed off about the whole situation and it's not helping that they're both blaming each other for the mistake. Lady I spoke to at booking.com said they will sort something out but I can't see how that will be in Hasselt? Bloke from YUP who phoned me to flag up the issue tried to get me to stay in Genk but I wasn't having any of that.

Could do without the hassle but hopefully the timetable tomorrow will put me in a better mood!

In all fairness, the Radio Soulwax bio suggests that the lineup is like an anniversary surprise. Quite possible that they aren't revealing it and just bill it as 'Radio Soulwax' for 6-8 hours straight.

Can't see that myself. Neither can I see any decent bands such as Hot Chip or Chic playing because surely they'd have announced something like that to boost the ticket sales long ago. Doubt it'll be Soulwax the band playing either or Despacio as it's the wrong type of gig for it. Edited by DiscothequeDave

Can't see that myself. Neither can I see any decent bands such as Hot Chip or Chic playing because surely they'd have announced something like that to boost the ticket sales long ago. Doubt it'll be Soulwax the band playing either or Despacio as it's the wrong type of gig for it.

Adding bands such as Hot Chip or Chic on the opening party won't exacly shift a lot of extra tickets, I'd guess (especially since your 2 examples both played Belgium already this Summer). 

Anyway, my idea is probably proven wrong today. Apparently the Pukkelpop app listed The Hong Kong Dong on Wednesday for a few hours, which might mean we're getting the Soulwax ones along with the timetable. They've played several Belgian editions of Soulwaxmas, so they'd be a logical opener for the Radio Soulwax evening.

My friend is also having troubles with his hotel booking.

Anyone staying at the YUP hotel (ex Ibis) please check your booking with the hotel. It seems that some of the bookings weren't transferred when the hotel changed ownership. All the bookings affected seem to be with booking.com but I'd check anyway.

cant wait for timetable later.....

but as far as radio soulwax goes, from my experience, i can see it being

2manydjs LIVE
Soulwax

James Murphy
Mixhell
Erol Alkan
Paul Chambers
Gucci Soundsystem

Edited by chimmer

cant wait for timetable later.....

but as far as radio soulwax goes, from my experience, i can see it being

2manydjs LIVE

Soulwax

James Murphy

Mixhell

Erol Alkan

Paul Chambers

Gucci Soundsystem

Guess again.

So thats what the 'bloody big surprise' is?

Another set from Tiga and 2manydjs.

Shafted, yet again.

Guess again.

So thats what the 'bloody big surprise' is?

Another set from Tiga and 2manydjs.

Shafted, yet again.

no Soulwax.....that's a bit shit

But Tiga live is good as i think he clashes with somebody else over the weekend....and altern8 is a good addition

but yeah...its okay....now lets see the rest....

Okay, definitely no Saturday day ticket for me. Had like 18 acts I was interested in, leaving only 5-6 I can actually see after ruling out all the clashes and unmanageable overlaps...

Edit: Didn't see that they're all out of sync. Either way, apparently Saturday's sold out again and combis close to selling out. 

Edited by Dietediet

my worst clashes:

Mr. Oizo Vs. Linkin Park Vs. Hudson Mohawke - Winner: Mr. Oizo - never plays in the UK.....also 90% of the reason im going......just gutted he clashes with the others

Boys Noize Vs. Knife Party - Winner: Undecided. seen both this year, will see who the missus wants to see

Limp Bizkit Vs. Brodinski Vs. DJ Snake - Winner: Limp Bizkit....just. Would love to see DJ Snake as i never have before, but i have seen LB 3 times......but sometimes you just can't beat a good live act, especially one as good as Bizkit.....and plus, i can get my 'trap' fix from others over the weekend. Brodinski playing at the same time is also a bummer.....was interested to have a look at him

Atreyu Vs. Flosstradamus - Winner: Flosstradamus. Would like to see Atreyu, hear they're good live....but flosstradamus are killer and not seen them before

Shadow Child Vs. Odesza - Winner: Undecided. Don't know much about either.....but like the odd bits and peices ive heard....any suggestions would be welcome!

A-Trak Vs. James Blake - Winner: Undecided. Like both. Never seen James Blake before, but can see A-Trak being pretty fun. Any help, again welcome.

Netsky Vs. Underworld Vs. In Flames - Winner: Undecided. Sadly, probably won't be In Flames. never seen them but would love to, but as its the last night, id probably spend it with the missus, who probably wont be the biggest fan of In Flames.....Underworld or Netsky.....maybe Netsky.......maybe Underworld......

I'd love to see a Google Doc or something equivelent with the festival schedule. Or, maybe even better yet would be a Pukkelpop 2015 app. Is this something that they've done in the past, or does anybody know if we should be expecting an app for this year's festival?

The App is already available.

Still one more act to be announced for the Wednesday by the looks of it, just before Altern 8.

The Wednesday's looking good. If they'd have announced it weeks ago I'd be definitely going.

Mixhell is my guess

Which hotel did cancel your reservation? What was the reason for letting You down?

It was an AirBnB, the place they stay when they rent their place out let them down so they had to move back in to their place and we were out. Heard Semprini had a spare booking, so I contacted him and that's when he discovered the issues with his room bookings!

I had a bit of a rant at my Air BnB host, to her credit she was really apologetic, then came back with a contact who was willing to rent his place to me. Confirmed that today, so staying just out of town, 10 minutes from the station.