Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

Direct clash between Father John Misty and FFS, as was widely expected.

Also a direct clash between Charles Bradley and Strand of Oaks.

Otherwise not too many traumatic choices to be made for me.

This is my problem, exactly. Maybe a bit of Underworld and Ride crossover too.

Can you print the schedule? Can't see a button

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Dave, I'm very pleased to say that my hotel issue is now sorted!!

Eppo from PKP posted tonight on Facebook that there will be some special guests for Radio Soulwax.

Haven't had much time to sit down and analyse the timetable so will get the kids to bed, crack open a beer and start planning!!

Special guest could be someone from Lokersesteen. Giorgio Moroder would fit the bill in terms of set length, and the Dewaele Brothers love him.

Jarvis Cocker is an ace addition. I know he's only DJ'ing but still, better than a Mark Ronson DJ set I'm betting.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

A-Trak Vs. James Blake - Winner: Undecided. Like both. Never seen James Blake before, but can see A-Trak being pretty fun. Any help, again welcome.

I saw a trak at Reading festival in 2013 and he was my second favourite act of the weekend behind nine inch nails which says a lot as I'm a green day fanboy and we got dookie in full

Just been listening to some Altern 8 - loads of great memories coming back! An absolutely inspired booking imo which has the potential to be a highlight of the entire weekend. Think the whole thing will be such a good way to kick off the festival, even if it may well mean sacrificing some of the traditional drinking time spent at the little bar on the corner. Really hope this will become a regular feature of PKP as there's loads of scope for quality Dance Hall 'takeovers' each year, plus it will (sort of) help to bring it in line with RW and Dour.

Had a chance to sift through the timetable and here's my current plan:

Nice start to Thursday with Cardiknox in the Dance Hall and then a friend I met through the festival, Goldfox, is playing the Boiler so I'll definitely be there for that. Bit of an unfortunate clash between Bleachers and Shameboy but, as I've seen the latter before, I'll go with the former. Will probably give Seasick a miss for N'To and then it's into the Castello for Craze as I have to see his turntable skills up close. Disappointed to miss Curtis Harding but I'll no doubt be in the Dance Hall at that time for De Sluwe Vos, so no chance of catching both. A Hip-Hop double header of Jurassic 5 & PRhyme, followed by Sigma, and then an 'on the day' call between Charles Bradley and Roots Manuva. Hannah Wants and Brodinski next before I hot foot it across the arena to the Club for Future Islands. So happy they're not clashing with anyone, although they finish just as Rebel Sound start which is not ideal. Happy to keep my options open from this point on, although I'll try to make Django Django and Machinedrum priorities.

First up on Friday is All Tvvins in the Marquee at 12.30pm. They're my big find this year so can't wait to see what they're like live. Radkey, Frank Carter (for my annual excursion into the Shelter!) and Mini Mansions up next before Elliphant and Black Sun Empire in the Dance Hall and Boiler respectively. Quite intrigued by Ho99o9 so will give them a look afterwards. Will be completely clearing the diary at half five for Spor. It's not often at PKP I watch a DJ set from start to finish but that's 100% the plan for him. Think I'll go with Father John Misty over FFS, but he overlaps with Duke Dumont which is a pain. In an ideal world I'd indulge my guilty pleasures and go see Ellie Goulding but not sure that'll happen as I really want to see Karenn. Didn't think I'd be that bothered about Above and Beyond when they were announced but after watching their set from T in the Park I'm there with bells on. The last few hours are all about Len Faki and Adam Beyer, although I'll definitely make some time for Erol Alkan and Daniel Avery in the Castello.

Got a pretty chilled start on Saturday until Slaves, which will be anything but chilled. Beauhause and Manchester Orchestra early afternoon followed by Shadow Child and Odesza. Will probably swerve my other guilty pleasure - Charli XCX - for The Maccabees and then it's a choice between Howling and The War on Drugs. Really want to see Gorgon City too but they overlap with both of them, and Metrik. Possibly my worst clash of the weekend is Dusky and Todd Terje so may well split them due to the proximity of the stages. Then it'll be Wilkinson, Four Tet and Ride before the grand finale of Underworld!! I'd love to see Tale of Us and Netsky too but that's not gonna happen.

Of course, most of these best laid these plans will go by the wayside once everything kicks off so it'll be interesting to see where I finally end up and who I see!!

Just been listening to some Altern 8 - loads of great memories coming back! An absolutely inspired booking imo which has the potential to be a highlight of the entire weekend. Think the whole thing will be such a good way to kick off the festival, even if it may well mean sacrificing some of the traditional drinking time spent at the little bar on the corner. Really hope this will become a regular feature of PKP as there's loads of scope for quality Dance Hall 'takeovers' each year, plus it will (sort of) help to bring it in line with RW and Dour.

Had a chance to sift through the timetable and here's my current plan:

Nice start to Thursday with Cardiknox in the Dance Hall and then a friend I met through the festival, Goldfox, is playing the Boiler so I'll definitely be there for that. Bit of an unfortunate clash between Bleachers and Shameboy but, as I've seen the latter before, I'll go with the former. Will probably give Seasick a miss for N'To and then it's into the Castello for Craze as I have to see his turntable skills up close. Disappointed to miss Curtis Harding but I'll no doubt be in the Dance Hall at that time for De Sluwe Vos, so no chance of catching both. A Hip-Hop double header of Jurassic 5 & PRhyme, followed by Sigma, and then an 'on the day' call between Charles Bradley and Roots Manuva. Hannah Wants and Brodinski next before I hot foot it across the arena to the Club for Future Islands. So happy they're not clashing with anyone, although they finish just as Rebel Sound start which is not ideal. Happy to keep my options open from this point on, although I'll try to make Django Django and Machinedrum priorities.

First up on Friday is All Tvvins in the Marquee at 12.30pm. They're my big find this year so can't wait to see what they're like live. Radkey, Frank Carter (for my annual excursion into the Shelter!) and Mini Mansions up next before Elliphant and Black Sun Empire in the Dance Hall and Boiler respectively. Quite intrigued by Ho99o9 so will give them a look afterwards. Will be completely clearing the diary at half five for Spor. It's not often at PKP I watch a DJ set from start to finish but that's 100% the plan for him. Think I'll go with Father John Misty over FFS, but he overlaps with Duke Dumont which is a pain. In an ideal world I'd indulge my guilty pleasures and go see Ellie Goulding but not sure that'll happen as I really want to see Karenn. Didn't think I'd be that bothered about Above and Beyond when they were announced but after watching their set from T in the Park I'm there with bells on. The last few hours are all about Len Faki and Adam Beyer, although I'll definitely make some time for Erol Alkan and Daniel Avery in the Castello.

Got a pretty chilled start on Saturday until Slaves, which will be anything but chilled. Beauhause and Manchester Orchestra early afternoon followed by Shadow Child and Odesza. Will probably swerve my other guilty pleasure - Charli XCX - for The Maccabees and then it's a choice between Howling and The War on Drugs. Really want to see Gorgon City too but they overlap with both of them, and Metrik. Possibly my worst clash of the weekend is Dusky and Todd Terje so may well split them due to the proximity of the stages. Then it'll be Wilkinson, Four Tet and Ride before the grand finale of Underworld!! I'd love to see Tale of Us and Netsky too but that's not gonna happen.

Of course, most of these best laid these plans will go by the wayside once everything kicks off so it'll be interesting to see where I finally end up and who I see!!

I feel like I've just experienced the festival first-hand :) when are you going to have time to take a shit?

Hope you have a good one, you're obviously crazy excited for it.

This is my problem, exactly. Maybe a bit of Underworld and Ride crossover too.

Can you print the schedule? Can't see a button

There was a post on Facebook yesterday that the print option is on its way soon.

Ride/Underworld would be a problem for me, but I've already seen Ride twice in the past 3 months, so I'm not going to sweat about leaving early. I've not seen Underworld since 1999, so they win that one.

Good to hear that you and Semprini have both sorted your accommodation issues.

Edited by Trufflehound

I think I am most looking forward to:

Thursday:

Residual Kid (Yes, I know they're children, but they sound like the next Nirvana. And I famously arrived late and missed the real Nirvana in 1991, so I'm not cocking up again.)

Curtis Harding (could be a highlight of the weekend for me)

Michael Kiwanuka

Charles Bradley/Strand of Oaks (damn you PP for the clash, but at least I've seen them both before)

Interpol (provided they are up for it)

Friday:

Algiers

Frank Carter

The Districts

Ought (my big find of the line up so far - recommended for anyone who likes Telvision/Talking Heads/Violent Femmes/The Fall/even a bit of Public Image in there)

Courtney Barnett

FFS (I'm sure Father John Misty will be a real highlight too, but I've been waiting since I was a kid to see Sparks play This Town live, and Ron's little dance at the end of Number One Song in Heaven will be the greatest 20 seconds of the festival. Even having that bunch of tuneless Jocks as a backing band won't spoil that.)

Fat White Family

Amenra (I fancy a bit of Belgian doom metal to welcome the night.)

Saturday:

Slaves

Benajmin Booker

Viet Cong (probably my favourite album of the year so far)

TWOD (always good, hopefully they have the sound for the Main Stage)

Evil Superstars

Ride (the first bit...)

Underworld (finishing the festival with Born Slippy will be an epic way to end)

Edited by Trufflehound

I feel like I've just experienced the festival first-hand :) when are you going to have time to take a shit?

Hope you have a good one, you're obviously crazy excited for it.

Haha, that'll be in the hotel before I head out each day. Bear in mind my friends and I normally get on site around 11.30am and don't leave until 2am at the earliest - that's over 14 hours of music so plenty of time to fit loads in. As we're not in the campsite we don't leave the arena, plus the relatively short distance between stages makes it easy to hop from one to another. If you make it over next year then you'll see first hand why we all get excited, it's just a great festival!

Do you know what sort of stuff was announced on snapchat Dave? They haven't said much about the other areas (Petit Bazar etc) so wonder if it is that?

Hey, it's my first post here, but I've been reading a lot in here these days.

I guess most of you guys are coming with a plane from the uk and sleep in a hotel.

But I will try my luck with my question about the camping site:

Anybody knows, if the openening times on wednesday are strict or if they opened up the camping site a few hours earlier in the last years?

Thanks a lot and have a blast at Pukkelpop!

Looks like they haven't posted any snaps yet. Perhaps they'll be revealing the new tent structures? 

Found this news article with a couple of pictures. Trying to work out what stages they are though? Originally thought it was the Club behind the countdown clock but there's no sign of the Main Stage behind it (unless the tress are in the way?). If it is the Club, then that must be the Marquee on the right but not sure what that white tent on the left is?

http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20150805_01805346/pukkelpop-krijgt-nieuwe-sterke-tenten

I guess most of you guys are coming with a plane from the uk and sleep in a hotel.

Anybody knows, if the openening times on wednesday are strict or if they opened up the camping site a few hours earlier in the last years?

I get the impression they're pretty strict on opening at 12.00 on the Wednesday. They're usually busy walking the site and carrying out last-minute checks until the last minute.

Unless you're desparate to get in the moment it opens, I'd suggest not turning up until around 3pm. By that time the initial plug of arrivees has died down and there's no queueing. You can get your wristband in about 30 seconds.

Found this news article with a couple of pictures. Trying to work out what stages they are though? Originally thought it was the Club behind the countdown clock but there's no sign of the Main Stage behind it (unless the tress are in the way?). If it is the Club, then that must be the Marquee on the right but not sure what that white tent on the left is?

http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20150805_01805346/pukkelpop-krijgt-nieuwe-sterke-tenten

Certainly looks like the Club. It's the only stage that's built diagonal to and beside the road. If you zoom in there's something big and square going up on the left, where the Main would be. But it's currently lower than the trees (or looks it from that angle), so if it is the Main, it may still be going up.

A lot of people just sit on the side of the road drinking beers until the initial surge of campers has died down. From what others have said, they have some silly system where stewards walk forward very slowly with a rope and you have to sort of wait your turn to get a spot. I've looked in campsite A before and they pack the tents so close together, which I guess is the reason why they use the rope system - to maximise what space there is.

Certainly looks like the Club. It's the only stage that's built diagonal to and beside the road. If you zoom in there's something big and square going up on the left, where the Main would be. But it's currently lower than the trees (or looks it from that angle), so if it is the Main, it may still be going up.

That was the reasoning behind why I though it was the Club. This is of course presuming that all the stages are in the same positions as previous years. I think swapping the Castello and Wablief? round a couple of years back was a good decision so hopefully they won't mess around too much with the layout.

They certainly used the rope system when I camped. It's a right faff, everyone had popup tents and we had "proper" tents. We struggled as every time the rope moved people chucked to pop up tents and took the space. On re-election, should have had a beer and accepted we'd be a bit further back.

That was Camping A, no idea what they do in the others.

"Amenra (I fancy a bit of Belgian doom metal to welcome the night.)"

Yes, this. I am more excited to see Amenra than any other band on the bill, except perhaps Underworld (closing the fest with Born Slippy WILL blow my mind). Amenra has never played a show on my continent (North America), so I thought I'd never have a chance in my life to see them.

They certainly used the rope system when I camped. It's a right faff, everyone had popup tents and we had "proper" tents. We struggled as every time the rope moved people chucked to pop up tents and took the space. On re-election, should have had a beer and accepted we'd be a bit further back.

That was Camping A, no idea what they do in the others.

this system sounds gack......

might just have to be ruthless and punch people out the way....although i wont arriving until at least after 2 i think?.....well i leave kings cross at 11am.....so thats about right

this system sounds gack......

might just have to be ruthless and punch people out the way....although i wont arriving until at least after 2 i think?.....well i leave kings cross at 11am.....so thats about right

If you're leaving London at 11am, you won't be at the campsite before at least 3pm local time, by which time the crowding should have subsided.