Slam Dunk 2015

Hart Attack

In terms of pubs, the wetherspoons is possibly the furthest pub away.

You say furthest away, but it is still only 2 minutes walk up the road! haha

We started off in Royal London too which is on the walk from the train station virtually, was decently priced too.

We also went into the pub next to the old Little Civic (essentially the first pub as you come out) but prices were similar to inside the venue.

Edited by Lumz

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say its more like 5 minutes, its fine if you're hitting it first from the station side, but if you're just having a pass out from the festival, theres quicker choices if you just wanted a quick pint.

Royal London is an absolutely horrible place these days too since Yates bought it. Its also one of the most expensive pubs in Wolves, Hogshead across the street from it is a much better option.

The pub next to the old little civic, is the Dog and Dublet [sIC] yeah its a nice little pub.

Quite weird that they used the old little civic as part of Slam Dunk for the first year but then got rid last year. Might have been something to do with had bad the toilets were treated though....

Completely flooded the lower level of the pub

When was Royal London taken over? Prices were cheap for Slam Dunk last year but obviously haven't been in since then.

Was the Hogshead previously called something else? I'm sure I've seen bands play in the pub opposite Royal London before now but it wasn't called that...

"Due to unfortunate circumstances, we must cancel our upcoming EU/UK touring plans with Caliban, Thy Art Is Murder and Sworn In due to Frankie’s still yet to be determined healing process. He has severe acute and chronic reflux laryngitis and a weak (partially paralyzed) left vocal cord. We appreciate the support we received on the last tour with Suicide Silence in Frankie’s absence, at this time we are going to put our focus towards writing a new album while he recovers and we hope to see you all very soon. - E"

From Emmure's Facebook page :(

im guessing architects / the wonder years will clash then ?! bit gutted if so !

my musts are TWY (and Aaron West ... if on early) Bayside, Fireworks ...

want to see TBS and Finch so hoping they don't clash , which im guessing they wont as neither will be a headliner

just wish the hotelier had been added , may go Dot2Dot tho but £30 to see just them would be steep, but im still tempted ....

Edited by theshapeofpunktocome123

im guessing architects / the wonder years will clash then ?! bit gutted if so !

my musts are TWY (and Aaron West ... if on early) Bayside, Fireworks ...

want to see TBS and Finch so hoping they don't clash , which im guessing they wont as neither will be a headliner

just wish the hotelier had been added , may go Dot2Dot tho but £30 to see just them would be steep, but im still tempted ....

I've had a look at last year's timings to try and get an idea of potential clashes. Judging by them, Architects and TWY are definitely going to clash. Should be safe for Finch into TBS though!

Obviously haven't got a lot to go off for this year yet, just the top end of the line up that luckysalt posted earlier.

yeah its a rough guess that ill prob be able to see ... aaron west ... then fireworks/bayside ... then tbs/finch .. then twy .... and then 1/2 sets so others ...

well that's the plan ! but I am seeing Fireworks and Bayside on headline dates so may watch some H20, goldfinger and millencolin

(oh and ill do Finch headline date as well)

could do with stage splits and times - gotta plan it out !

who you seeing damo ?

It's gonna be a tough one because there's just too much there for me, I'll never get to see everyone I want to! But at the moment It's looking something like this...

Must see: Moose Blood, Finch, TBS, Knuckle Puck.

Hoping to see: Neck Deep, TWY, Fireworks, Beartooth, The Bronx, Such Gold, Roam, A Loss For Words.

To be honest, that hoping to see list could go on, but I'm keeping it semi-realistic.

Stage splits

Main - You Me At Six, TBS, Don Broco, LTA, Neck Deep, We Are The Ocean, Pvris, Set it Off

Monster - Architects, While She Sleeps, Finch, Crossfaith, Thy Art is Murder, Beartooth, The Colour Morale, Shvpes

Desperados Stage - Reel Big Fish, Millencolin, Goldfinger, Zebrahead, Mariachi El Bronx, Big D and the Kids Table, Patent Pending, Survey Says (I think, shit logo)

Mabeth - The Wonder Years, Cartel, Bayside, Fireworks, Transit, Such Gold, A Loss for Words, ROAM, Knuckle Puck, As It Is

Impericon - The Bronx, Gallows, H20, Comeback Kid, Bane, Stick To Your Guns, Deeznuts, Trash Talk, Being as an Ocean, Dead Harts

Fresh Blood - Moose Blood, Seaway, This Wild life, Rob Lynch, Baby Godzilla, Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties (I think, shit logo), Fort Hope, Only Rivals, Wind in Sails.

http:///s/sdsouth2015/

Obviously the lineup might jiggle a bit but here's a rough idea based on last years times. Last year North and South had the same stage times so you can use it for North too.

Well ok then, clashes are nowhere near as bad as I thought if this is accurate. Very happy again for the time being :) Edited by lightning1000

Based on that, my day will go as follows...

Dead Harts

Being As An Ocean // Knuckle Puck

Trash Talk // Roam

Beartooth

Neck Deep // Stick To Your Guns

Lower Than Atlantis // Baby Godzilla

Don Broco // This Wild Life

Taking Back Sunday // While She Sleeps

You Me At Six // Architects // The Wonder Years

Quite a few clashes but I'm fairly happy with that! Only ones I'm not so happy about are This Wild Life (never seen them) and Architects (been years since I saw them).

Essentially I'll spend the afternoon at the Impericon stage and the evening at the main stage, making sure I walk by the Monster stage in between.

Set It Off

Aaron West

WATO

AL4W

Such Gold

1/2 Bane 1/2 Zebrahead

Bayside / Finch Clash ... may do 1/2 of each ... depends on whether go Finch headline tour ...

H2O

TBS

Fireworks

The Wonder Years ...

well that's a rough plan !

Looking at the bands your wanting to see, I recommend fitting in millencolin if you can.