Entered card details then page cant be found....

shaunsouthern

I think that seems to be the case. What made things worse is that we tried a different laptop just afterwards to purchase the ticket again for our last friend and when entering his reg details it said it had already been used. I guess it must have locked it somehow whilst we were trying to buy it on the card payment screen on the other laptop. So as a group of 7, only 6 of us have tickets and it means the husband of one of our group isn't going at the moment! :(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you guys get sorted with this? Any confirmation email? Kinda had the same problem too, first time the page stopped working when trying to click through card details page then went through the second time.

Just curious to see if it went through once you clicked confirm!

No sign of a confirmation email at my end :-( It was a cruel way not to get tickets. I'd have been gutted if I'd not got past the holding screen, but to get through, enter the reg & payment details, only to be denied at the last...that is tough!

Sorry to hear that! I think we've all been there at one point, really by the time you get to that page and click confirm you should have your tickets held even if the site does crash! But hey, there's always the resales! G'luck :)

For all you people this happened to- did you try going back and submitting again? Or did you just sit there?

I tried all ways. With our first batch of 6, I pressed confirm on the card details and then it went to a white screen so I pressed back. I re entered the card details and pressed proceed (or confirm-can't remember what it was) and this time got a confirmation screen. With the one ticket I coudlnt get, it was about 9:15 and I was able to navigate back to the card entry details numerous times but every time I pressed proceed, just got the white screen again. But when our friends also go to the reg page later, they tried the Reg number and pressed proceed and it said it had already been used. So my only guess is that it was somehow locked from the transaction that I had tried before where I couldn't get past the card entry page?

Nothing for me either.

I left it for 5 minutes the first time, as it looked like it was processing very slowly (the blue progress bar on my Mac had reached the very end), then when it appeared to have just ground to a halt, I hit the back button & tried clicking on the 'buy tickets' button again - the same thing happened two or three more times, and then I heard it was sold out. I then eventually saw a 'session timeout' message, advising me to click to return to the homepage.

I probably wasted 10 minutes from 9.15am onwards waiting for each of these attempts to actually work, when I could have been trying to get through again.

Edited by **claire**

Nothing for me either.

I left it for 5 minutes the first time, as it looked like it was processing very slowly (the blue progress bar on my Mac had reached the very end), then when it appeared to have just ground to a halt, I hit the back button & tried clicking on the 'buy tickets' button again - the same thing happened two or three more times, and then I heard it was sold out. I then eventually saw a 'session timeout' message, advising me to click to return to the homepage.

I know a lot of people will not have tickets and will moan. We have 6 but needed 7. But I really would have thought that once you were at this stage the tickets would be secured to your booking. That would make sense to me anyway but maybe I'm wrong. I just don't see the point of having all these different pages to enter details if you aren't actually getting further along the process. There may as well be just one page with your reg numbers and card details on and then hit enter and its a free for all from there. I've never suffered at the card payment stage before so I don't know if this is a new thing or if it has always happened but it does seem cruel.

@stevieMcK did u get an order reference number or just a confirmation email?? i entered credit card details twice, clicked 'buy tickets' both times, second time displayed a page saying stock sold out.. in limbo here to see did first sale go through

First time around I got a failed to load page error from the browser (not the SeeTickets server). Second time around when the details went through, I got the Booking Complete screen along with a reference and a break down of all the registration references. A few hours later the confirmation email came through.

Exactly! I vaguely remember exactly the same thing happening when we missed out in the main sale for 2013, I'll have to check back.

I think I even emailed See & the Glastonbury office at the time to enquire as to why this issue couldn't be resolved - don't get me wrong, I think they've made a lot of great improvements with the system over the last few years, but this is hugely frustrating & you're left in limbo for hours afterwards as you're not quite sure if the order did actually go through or not.

fair enough then. But that still doesn't explain why the reg number was then locked out when we tried to use it again.

ah no I wouldn't have a clue about the techie stuff or how the system works, I just knew it had happened before and was answering that question.

It's a total nightmare and I really feel for all you but keep the faith, there are more chances. It was May 8th in one of the secret sales, something like the 4th sale and it wasn't the last one either, we finally got ours a couple of years ago.

The site crashing is pretty inevitable with the amount of traffic on it but it would make a lot of sense and give people some peace of mind knowing that their tickets are being held and that they have maybe 5 or 10 minutes to complete the booking like the way Ticketmaster does.

The con to that though is the ticket sales will be prolonged and people will be spending more time and get nowhere. I guess we've been lucky but going by previous years, I'm quite nervous about how long tickets will be available for, seems to be less and less time each year! Hopefully there'll be some arrangement and everyone will be happy!

Exactly! I vaguely remember exactly the same thing happening when we missed out in the main sale for 2013, I'll have to check back.

I think I even emailed See & the Glastonbury office at the time to enquire as to why this issue couldn't be resolved - don't get me wrong, I think they've made a lot of great improvements with the system over the last few years, but this is hugely frustrating & you're left in limbo for hours afterwards as you're not quite sure if the order did actually go through or not.

Would you mind checking? It would be interesting to see what they said. We were stuck basically as the system was telling us the reg number had already been used but we didn't actually have any confirmation that it was booked (and its turned out that it wasn't)

Well, I contacted Glastonbury Festival to ask about this and they have pointed me to the info in their FAQ on ticket sales which states "if an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, your number will be held for up to 10 minutes whilst the transaction is attempted, but will be released if the transaction fails, to give you the chance to try again." So, with the tickets selling out in 28mins, and this happening from 9:15 onwards, it doesn't really give you any chance. Oh well, tough luck I guess.

It's such hard luck isn't it.

I've had a search & couldn't find my email to them (although I did find the email addresses that I would have sent it to), so I've just whizzed some screen shots over showing the page processing for over 10 minutes, & asked whether they'll consider looking into implementing a reservation / allocation window for future sales.

It's such hard luck isn't it.

I've had a search & couldn't find my email to them (although I did find the email addresses that I would have sent it to), so I've just whizzed some screen shots over showing the page processing for over 10 minutes, & asked whether they'll consider looking into implementing a reservation / allocation window for future sales.

well it won't hurt to tell them. I do think the system is better than it was but it still does have some problems that could be ironed out. Let me know what they say as I have also asked them a similar thing. And if it makes it better going forward then it is good for everyone :)

Never wait for the page to time out. If its saying "Connecting to..." at the bottom for more than about 10 seconds, stop the page and click the submit/buy tickets button again. Keep doing it over and over until the next page loads straight away.

well it won't hurt to tell them. I do think the system is better than it was but it still does have some problems that could be ironed out. Let me know what they say as I have also asked them a similar thing. And if it makes it better going forward then it is good for everyone :)

Exactly - I'm 99% sure my email will have no effect whatsoever, but I feel better for having sent it! :)

Never wait for the page to time out. If its saying "Connecting to..." at the bottom for more than about 10 seconds, stop the page and click the submit/buy tickets button again. Keep doing it over and over until the next page loads straight away.

Thanks Harry - I am DEFINITELY going to adopt this approach next time!

Wish I'd known this for batch #2 yesterday. I let it run for 10 mins after clicking Confirm, then it bloody sold out. I'm going to compile a list of things you can try if the page times out/goes white/hangs, then post it on here for folks trying in the April resale.

Wish I'd known this for batch #2 yesterday. I let it run for 10 mins after clicking Confirm, then it bloody sold out. I'm going to compile a list of things you can try if the page times out/goes white/hangs, then post it on here for folks trying in the April resale.

Not very scientific but...

The page was hanging at the reg stage for a mate. (He pressed proceed, but nothing happened). After 2 mins he stopped it, pressed refresh and got the holding page again. Then another one of us had the same issue. Then a 3rd in the group phoned to say "Im in... No it has booted me out"

I then got to the reg stage.

I said "You better work you fucker or Im smashing you up"

& it did!

Threaten your machine... Dont leave it too long leaving the page to hang, strength in numbers and good luck in April.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop