NOS Alive Festival 2015, formerly Optimus Alive!

5co77ie

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd have went Foos based on album release and imminent tour dates; but aren't they back in the us by then?

They are! I think it'll be Noel Gallagher! No Portuguese or Spanish dates on his European tour (unless I'm mistaken), so I think he'll headline NOS Alive and Beni/Bilbao BBK but we shall see...

Can someone tell me more about this festival? How is the atmosphere? Pricing? What time does the concerts start and end? Anything I need to know?

I attended Sziget this year and Rock Werchter in 2013. How is it compared to these?

Edited by jdog

Atmosphere is pretty chilled, food prices a little on the high side and not a great deal of variety (though they had Pizza Hut and KFC the last time I went), drink prices weren't too bad really, comparable with most other festivals really (though I can't remember the price of beer, I think a Martini was €2), I suppose it's more expensive that Sziget and about the same as Werchter (though I have been to neither) . It starts pretty late in the afternoon, about 5pm, with the headliners coming on quite late (The Cure came on at midnight for example) then aside from the main stage you have the dance stages with acts starting as late as 3am!

It's right by the railway and the last trains were about 1-2am if I remember rightly. I think there is a shuttle back to Lisbon (or a cab) but I took the train as I was staying down the coast in Estoril. It's pretty chilled, quite easy to get a good spot, the atmosphere is decent, crowd decent, the weather is great (or was when I went anyway), all in all a great festival. Lisbon is a cool city, you can get the train to the beach if you have a day before/after the festival. A lot to recommend.

Edited by TheNewUnion