NOS Alive Festival 2015, formerly Optimus Alive!

5co77ie

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time I've really looked into this festival. Are there likely to be more big names announced or will it mostly be smaller ones now?

I can't find confirmation that Disclosure are headliners anywhere, so may be one more name there. Not sure though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disclosure aren't headlining, it seems as though they're gearing up for another announcement

Hi there, just wondering how you know that they are not headlining? also, how do you know they are gearing up for another announcement?

Looking at the poster, it looks to me like they could add another sub-headliner to the Muse day perhaps...i just hope Chromeo don't clash with sam smith or disclosure! :)

The twin festival Bilbao BBK Live have Jesus And The Mary Chain and Disclosure playing the same day but Nos have repeatedly said that Jesus and the chain aren't headlining when they are in Bilbao which suggests there's another one coming, Disclosure may play last but that wouldn't make them a headliner. Nos tend to leave their last headliner quite late, Libertines headlined last year and that wasn't announced til June.

I'd love there to be another headliner to come but isn't there usually only 5 max bands per day on the main stage anyway? If that's the case, there's only space for 1 more on the Friday unless they move someone to the Heineken stage. Also, don't think they've mentioned anyone as a headliner other than the inital announcement of Muse from what I've seen (Prodigy / Mumford & Sons included).

Still plenty more to come on the Heineken stage though so hopefully some more announcements soon seeing as it's less than 2 months away now.

I have a feeling the other headliner might be Kasabian (don't hold me to that) but both prodigy and sam smith are playing T in the Park either the day before or after Nos and Kasabian are working their way over to Russia from Scotland so it could certainly fit logistically and would fit the bill. It's not blur though :(

If there's only 5 on the main then the only day with a slot free is the friday but there is definitely more names to come as the last announcement normally includes a load of bands including a headliner which would be between now and 4 weeks before the festival.

Like you said Prodigy/Mumfords never got put out as headliners (some reports have said mumfords) but Nos seem to be treating them as shared. Disclosure and Sam Smith aren't big enough compared to Mumfords and Prodigy (maybe in terms of publicity) which would make sense if there's another headliner because at the moment we have one headliner and two bands who could headline on their own yet neither declared headliner and two acts who are sort of sub acts.

Edited by Djb.com

The twin festival Bilbao BBK Live have Jesus And The Mary Chain and Disclosure playing the same day but Nos have repeatedly said that Jesus and the chain aren't headlining when they are in Bilbao which suggests there's another one coming, Disclosure may play last but that wouldn't make them a headliner. Nos tend to leave their last headliner quite late, Libertines headlined last year and that wasn't announced til June.

Good point, yes, i remember the libs were a last minute edition last year

I'd love there to be another headliner to come but isn't there usually only 5 max bands per day on the main stage anyway? If that's the case, there's only space for 1 more on the Friday unless they move someone to the Heineken stage. Also, don't think they've mentioned anyone as a headliner other than the inital announcement of Muse from what I've seen (Prodigy / Mumford & Sons included).

Still plenty more to come on the Heineken stage though so hopefully some more announcements soon seeing as it's less than 2 months away now.

hope so

I have a feeling the other headliner might be Kasabian (don't hold me to that) but both prodigy and sam smith are playing T in the Park either the day before or after Nos and Kasabian are working their way over to Russia from Scotland so it could certainly fit logistically and would fit the bill. It's not blur though :(

If there's only 5 on the main then the only day with a slot free is the friday but there is definitely more names to come as the last announcement normally includes a load of bands including a headliner which would be between now and 4 weeks before the festival.

Like you said Prodigy/Mumfords never got put out as headliners (some reports have said mumfords) but Nos seem to be treating them as shared. Disclosure and Sam Smith aren't big enough compared to Mumfords and Prodigy (maybe in terms of publicity) which would make sense if there's another headliner because at the moment we have one headliner and two bands who could headline on their own yet neither declared headliner and two acts who are sort of sub acts.

Kasabian haven't done optimus for nearly 5 years either...could be a good call

Edited by blurbinator

Does anyone know what is wrong with this festival? I saw on facebook that Portugese people are very unhappy with the current line-up. They stopped announcing acts a few months ago while the stages are not complete yet. Are they trying to find bigger acts?

Maybe someone from Portugal who can shine their light on this?

Does anyone know what is wrong with this festival? I saw on facebook that Portugese people are very unhappy with the current line-up. They stopped announcing acts a few months ago while the stages are not complete yet. Are they trying to find bigger acts?

Maybe someone from Portugal who can shine their light on this?

hi,

what are they saying on facebook? re the acts announcement query..i went to this festival in 2013 & am going on 2015 and their pattern of announcements is no different this time, to be honest...i reckon most acts have been announced now but we will still probably get a saturday headliner...this festival tends to have massive headliners...but not many large sub headliners..instead opting for smaller acts to make up the bill (probably because all of the budget has been spent on headliners)

Well a week ago they posted a lineup poster. Top comment is 'how about you announce some more people before you go ahead and call yourselves the best. Because at the moment you can't even compare to the other festivals on'. The other comments in Porugese seem to be negative too.

Personally I think the line up is quite good compared to others, especially when you consider the ticket price.

I Don't think they will add another headliner for the saturday, mainstage is already full with 5 names. There is one mainstage slot open on friday and in total 7 2nd stage slots when it's 9 acts/day again.

They used to announce 1 act a week so I wonder why they have gone quiet with still 8 acts TBA.