NOS Alive Festival 2015, formerly Optimus Alive!

5co77ie

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, myself and the wife are taking a year off from Glastonbury so taking the relatively luxury route of staying in a hotel. Finding the Glasto buildup hard to ignore though, love it there and hate missing a year.

Cannot wait now, just want to hear the last few band announcements and prepare for who we'll get to see.

Camping yourself Redstar?

Doing the same here, staying in the centre. The mrs & I missed out on Glasto, so we chose this festival, but I then managed to pull one out of the bag recently for Glasto so hopefully the stage times will be out soon so I can work out who to see at both.

Yeah were stopping at the campsite but in one of the bungalow/cabins, only 70 euro a night between us and has beds/shower etc. So get the liveliness and social buzz of the camping site but with a bit of comfort too. We've done a couple of glasto's and a fair few UK fests over the years but then did coachella last year and was blown away. Perfect weather, spotless showers and toilets all weekend and amazing facilities all around, great vibe and people, best experience ive ever done. So this time we were looking for another good festival in the Sun and heard great reports about NOS, cant wait now. The mud/rain has it's charm but good times in guaranteed sun shine wins hands down every time. I don't think i'll ever do another UK festival again to be honest.

Edited by redstar99

Yeah were stopping at the campsite but in one of the bungalow/cabins, only 70 euro a night between us and has beds/shower etc. So get the liveliness and social buzz of the camping site but with a bit of comfort too. We've done a couple of glasto's and a fair few UK fests over the years but then did coachella last year and was blown away. Perfect weather, spotless showers and toilets all weekend and amazing facilities all around, great vibe and people, best experience ive ever done. So this time we were looking for another good festival in the Sun and heard great reports about NOS, cant wait now. The mud/rain has it's charm but good times in guaranteed sun shine wins hands down every time. I don't think i'll ever do another UK festival again to be honest.

Some shout that redstar, lets hope NOS lives up to expectations then

I've never done a proper UK festival (done Kendal/Evolution but nothing huge) and have no desire really, been to NOS past two years and don't see any appeal to mud when you can get sun and a city for less! Can't do it this year so might be dragged to Leeds mind haha!

Stromae has sadly cancelled all upcoming festival dates due do an adverse reaction to Malaria vaccination.

http://nosalive.com/stromae-cancels-concerts-for-health-reasons/

Fortunately though, there should be enough time for the organisers to find a decent replacement hopefully.

Yeah seen that, bit mad.  Not a fan myself so hopefully will get a decent replacement.... beck, tame impala or Alabama shakes would be my preference :-)... as you say should still be plenty of time for them to book someone else in.

Edited by redstar99

staying at Ibis Hotel for the second year running. Its right across from the campsite so handy the free bus runs right to the festival 

only 6 euro in a taxi into the centre and its air conditioned a lot of the campers used the hotel for eating and drinking and the main complaint from brits was the heat in the tents so i don't think i could do it to be honest maybe its just old me but cant beat at least 6 to 8 hours sleep in an air conditioned room 

really looking forward to it now  hoping for 1 or 2 more decent additions ... gutted about Stromae to be honest 

I was looking forward to Stromae also, probably only one of the few acts I hadn't previously seen unfortunately. Let's hope someone decent replaces as he was listed as the subheadliner on the Saturday.

We're staying at the Mecure Lisboa Hotel, so a good few miles away but should be fine with the cheap cabs and trains from the centre of Lisbon. Looking forward to visiting Lisbon for the first time too!

Surely some names this week!?

We are staying in one of the bungalows also. Does anyone know if the pool has a bar?

Yep pool has a bar, we camped last year and it was decent, especially compared to benicassim. Hoping for some more names soon but getting excited now.

What are you q's like getting in the campsite? Does having a bungalow make any difference. Arriving at camp around 1pm on Wednesday... See you by the pool (or bungalows) :D

We got there around 10am on the Thursday last year but then Wednesday tickets wasn't available like this year. We queued for about 20 mins, but they were long later in the day!

Don't think being in a bungalow will make any difference as it was one queue to get your festival ticket first then you went through to the campsite check in bit.

Ive heard that there is a booth at the airport that issues wristbands. Prob heard it earlier on in this thread... If so a brucey bonus!! Good that there is a dorect bus to the campsite.

They either really like suspense with the back end of this lineup or the organisation of the bookings has gone majorly off beat. Considering the other days havent sold out you have to ask yaself what is goin on with some of those final slots?! How long does a stromae replacement take?! And that 5th saturday mainstage name.... Who os it... Arghhh!!

Lockers at the campsite all sound? No horror stories heard of?

Thanks for your responss

Yes you can get wristbands at airport, our plane landed at midnight on the Wednesday so we didn't use it.

We also just got a taxi from airport, think it was around €15 so if there's a few of you worth it over the bus.

Never used an lockers (or saw any but wasn't looking) we had no problems and didn't hear of anyone else having any, it's pretty chilled out at the campsite.

Last year the last announcements including libertines were around now and timings etc was announce on 26th June so hopefully will be in the next week!

They only sold out the first night last year and it was packed! Bit better being able to move the next few nights!

Yes you can get wristbands at airport, our plane landed at midnight on the Wednesday so we didn't use it.

We also just got a taxi from airport, think it was around €15 so if there's a few of you worth it over the bus.

Never used an lockers (or saw any but wasn't looking) we had no problems and didn't hear of anyone else having any, it's pretty chilled out at the campsite.

Last year the last announcements including libertines were around now and timings etc was announce on 26th June so hopefully will be in the next week!

They only sold out the first night last year and it was packed! Bit better being able to move the next few nights!

Fingers crossed for Kasabian mate!

What's the wednesday night thing guys? Me and my mrs arrive on Monday, plan on checking out a bit of lisbon and doing a tour or two before we get bang on it at the festival!

We arrive on the Monday too, got a few days in cascais before heading to the campsite on the Wednesday. Not sure if anything will be happening so just planning on a night out in Lisbon

Kasabian would be awesome, saw them at Coachella, highlight of the weekend!

Edited by Zoestez

Foals would be an absolute dream, can't see it happening now though. Just wish they'd announce the rest of the acts!

I think they've headlined Latitude and Reading in recent years so would be more than capable of headlining the Saturday here. Are there definately more acts to come? I just have a terrible feeling that's the lot.

There are still a number of holes in the lineup.

Libertines anouncement was 4 weeks prior last year with a host of other names.

Bad booking team possibly? Geting a little silly now under 3 weeks to go. Im sure theyll come through with some surprises.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140612b.shtml

I really hope they pull something out of the bag because I can't say I'm particularly excited at this stage, although maybe that will all change once I get there. The line up is all a bit wishy washy. I know the prodigy aren't but I'm not mad keen on their new stuff, although I'm pleased to see they're playing smack my bitch up and voodoo people (no Out of Space is a fucking stomach blow and a half though!). But mumford and suns, alt-j etc, all a bit wishy washy and far too much filler. Needs some royal blood or something in there IMO. The band I'm looking forward to most are Django Django, and I just watched them in Manchester last month! Apart from that - wouldn't mind seeing left hand free by alt-j (missed them at primavera but my mate said it was alll slow and boring), metrononomy, might give young fathers a whirl, mates have advised me to watch future islands, disclosure and sam smith but apart from that...not a lot

Here's hoping they pull something out of the bag but I'm not confident at this stage - someone asked them yesterday who the replacement for stromae is they replied (via google translate!) "We're working on it, soon we will have news." "We're working on it" doesn't inspire me with confidence with less than 3 weeks to go, but here's hoping people!