ivan

Seems that the management of RUSH are sending em back out on the road next spring .

Make it happen Mr Eavis

They have relaxed their "no festivals " stance in the last few years , so you never know and they are closer to the hippy vibe than at lot of the acts that have played Glasto.

Please make this happen.

Where is this news from? There is nothing on the official website, so source please.

I'm amazed they didn't tour this year, it being their 40th anniversary and all that.

Do you think they will even tour Europe? It took them a decade to get their arses over here once. Do you think they will charge £200+ for a seat in the first fifteen rows again?

I would love to see Rush (almost went to the O2 on the last tour but at the time was skintish and the £70 odd ticket price couldn't be justified).

Where would they play though? They'd have to headline a stage I think so that leaves them Other headline in my books. Can't see them as a sub on the pyramid

I've always thought they could headline the Tory Party conference, particularly when it had its old name. their drummer being quite obviously influenced by objectivist philosophy

Fixed that for you...

But, seriously, I would love for Rush to play, particularly as I would never pay the ticket prices for their stadium gigs

• 3 months later...

I have seen RUSH quite a few times and twice on the R30 tour

One wonders if they will come over to Europe with that tour considering they only just toured here the other year ?

I would have seen em more had the tickets not been so dear .

£75 is not acceptable for any act !

I find amazing that unlike some more mature singers Geddy can still has the voice after 40 years and could still do a good rendition of the Hemispheres ensemble

I find amazing that unlike some more mature singers Geddy can still has the voice after 40 years and could still do a good rendition of the Hemispheres ensemble

His voice is nowhere near what it was in the 70s. They tune down most of the old stuff nowadays and his voice on the last few tours has been a bit dodgy at times.

They're still one of my favourite bands but they would never(or be asked to) do glasto!

Just seen that their trip around the US this summer may be their last major tour.

Management might want them to earn some more money in Europe but will the band want it and will they make enough from a short tour of Europe to make it

worthwhile ?

Edited by ivan

I doubt they'll miss out Europe, they never have in recent years. I reckon it'll mean the whole R40 tour rather than the North American leg. Shame though, even though it's bound to happen at the age they are all reaching now. I reckon if they keep on touring there'll just be less dates and they will no longer play for the 3 hours they usually do.

If they do not tour anymore after R40 whether they add more legs or not then I think that is probably it.

They have never been like say The Cure are now where they keep popping up to do the odd gig .

They either go out on the road and tour or they don't

But how are they going to get away without long tours.

With the production preparation , rehearsals etc is it likely to be worthwhile for ten shows or so ?

I think they may bring R40 over to Europe but if they do once that has wound down I cannot see em doing small tours they are not that sort of band.