Benicassim 2015 July 16th - 17th - 18th & 19th

aixa

I thought that the Glamping tents were already pre-erected for you when you arrive? They are usually located in their own separate section of Campfest, away from the general section where you find your own space and pitch?

That's what I assumed but wanted to check just in case. Thanks! :)

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately overall, it's a pretty bad lineup his year I think.

I disagree. The four headliners will all put on good shows, with Blur being a pretty good pull. The undercard has a lot of people I'm interested in or have never had a chance to see before like Frank Turner and Noel, plus there's other genres with Public Enemy and A-Trak so reckon there's something for everyone really

Well, that was a good festival in my book!

South beach section was a welcome addition, very good. Trench town was hilariously bad though, only popped in twice but both times it was dead, once there was just one bloke dancing and the second time there was 2 people.

Highlights for me were DMA's, Hudson Taylor, Public enemy, Noel, Jamie T and Kaiser chiefs absolutely smashed it! Ham sandwich were a nice surprise, went to see them due to the amusing name and they were actually pretty good.

I've definitely not covered all the highlights, definitely contemplating going again next year. Only spent 300 euros while there as well but most drinking was done at the apartment rather than in the festival. Got ripped off on a taxi twice but out of 10 journeys that was alright really.

Stayed at Apartamentos golf place, 17 euros taxi each way but couldn't recommend the place more. Esther that runs it is very helpful and the rooms and pool were excellent.

Hope you all had as good a time!

I had a great time as well despite getting off to a bad start. we bought the hotel from someone who couldn't go anymore from this forum and paid them but when we tried to check in the hotel wanted us to pay them! Luckily his sister in law was still going and it was coming off of her card but we had to sit outside for 4 hours until she got there as the hotel wouldn't let us in the room until it was paid! Ok in the end though.

Highlights for me were Jamie T, The Cribs, and I really liked Ham Sandwich as well.

Mark Ronson did a DJ set in the end, which was brilliant and I had a great time dancing but they should've just said that was what he was doing.

I loved south beach, played some good tunes!

We also did most of our drinking at the hotel, €1.35 big bottles of Don Simon sangria! I didn't spend too much money, and didn't get sunburnt! Just doing a mountain of laundry now.

Considering going back next year but want to see some lineup and definitely want a hotel again! Does anyone know when the hotels closest to the festival tend to get booked up by?

Oh and did anyone else see the fighting at the end of the cribs? I think it was their stage manager who went mental at security for being heavy handed with crowd surfers. It was a pretty bad argument! People were getting pulled out of the crowd all the way through and one guy was rugby tackled on to the concrete!

They were arguing on the stage in front of everyone as the packing up was being done and then when they went around the back I think the argument continued as suddenly about 10 security staff ran to the back!

Ha, we had a bad start as well.

suntransfers, driver was there to pick us up, great. Didn't have a sat nav though. Should've arrived at the apartment just after 10, got there about half 11 after he'd pulled over to ask for directions from a security guard who had to google the address for him. Then he got lost again but thankfully the apartment had sent me a whatsapp earlier so she had to direct him in on the phone. No idea how much that will have cost.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh and did anyone else see the fighting at the end of the cribs? I think it was their stage manager who went mental at security for being heavy handed with crowd surfers. It was a pretty bad argument! People were getting pulled out of the crowd all the way through and one guy was rugby tackled on to the concrete!

They were arguing on the stage in front of everyone as the packing up was being done and then when they went around the back I think the argument continued as suddenly about 10 security staff ran to the back!

haha...this was me and my two friends who went over during the last song or two (after a lot to drink)

We got put down the old train station line and had to walk to long way round back into the festival. We all found it funny but the security were a bit OTT