Benicassim 2015 July 16th - 17th - 18th & 19th

aixa

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be around for this, and I really dislike Young Fathers, but some of you might be interested!

On Wednesday 15th July Red Bull will be presenting a special Welcome to FIB 2015 party with an amazing line up on the Red Bull Tour Bus FIBClub stage.

To receive your ticket for this special party you just need to buy a can of Red Bull in one of the bars in the Campfest camping area. Be quick before they all go as the capacity is strictly limited.

From Asturias, Huías will open the night with atmospheric guitars and electronica. One of the best new bands in Spain they’ll warm up the night nicely ahead of Young Fathers.

One of the most original hip hop acts to arrive in ages this will be their first show in Spain. Winners of the 2015 Mercury Music Prize, they met in Edinburgh but their music has it’s roots in the UK, Africa and the US, and this show promises to turn heads.

Without doubt one of the best new live acts to emerge in the UK in the last couple of years - you have to see them!

Following Young Fathers, dj and producer, Andy Butler will get everyone dancing. The brains behind Hercules And Love Affair, launched his first solo EP at the start of the year and will bring us an incredible set filled with the spirit of the Big Apple.

All this awaits you on the Red Bull Tour Bus FIBClub stage on Wednesday 15th July, starting at 22.30 in the arena.

ADMISSION IS STRICTLY BY SPECIAL RED BULL TICKET AND CAPACITY IS STRICTLY LIMITED. TO GET YOUR TICKET BUY A CAN OF RED BULL IN CAMPFEST FROM MONDAY 13 ONWARDS...

Sorry if I should be posting this elsewhere (both new to benicassim and this forum) but I had a question about finding a space to camp.

I'm going with three others and we've reserved 2 "glamping" tents between us. It was easier as we're all coming and going from different places over the summer so didn't want to be carrying tents all summer long.

Three of us are arriving on the 14th and the other on the 15th, but obviously we'll have already claimed tents when she arrives.

I've heard the campsite fills up super early, understandably.

My question is, will we be ok finding a spot if we're getting there on the 14th? Or will they all be completely gone even if we have made a reservation?

(I should probably say, the girl wos coming later booked the tents so I don't have the emails about them, but I think she said she just fills out the details of whoever arrives first. Not sure if they've actually taken money yet so maybe theyew not obliged to reserve any? Clearly clueless.)

Hope that's clear. Would massively appreciate any help!

Look , i'm bored now I just want to get there get some sun on my pale skin , get some vodka in me belly and some tunes in me lugs .

I'll be well chuffed if Mark Ronson gets anywhere near his Glasto set , looking forward to Blur as I have never seen them before and I expect great things from the Prod , as always .

I expect to finish work soon after lunch tomorrow , get packed and fly Sunday COME ON !!!!!

Sorry if I should be posting this elsewhere (both new to benicassim and this forum) but I had a question about finding a space to camp.

I'm going with three others and we've reserved 2 "glamping" tents between us. It was easier as we're all coming and going from different places over the summer so didn't want to be carrying tents all summer long.

Three of us are arriving on the 14th and the other on the 15th, but obviously we'll have already claimed tents when she arrives.

I've heard the campsite fills up super early, understandably.

My question is, will we be ok finding a spot if we're getting there on the 14th? Or will they all be completely gone even if we have made a reservation?

(I should probably say, the girl wos coming later booked the tents so I don't have the emails about them, but I think she said she just fills out the details of whoever arrives first. Not sure if they've actually taken money yet so maybe theyew not obliged to reserve any? Clearly clueless.)

Hope that's clear. Would massively appreciate any help!

I thought that the Glamping tents were already pre-erected for you when you arrive?  They are usually located in their own separate section of Campfest, away from the general section where you find your own space and pitch?

Look , i'm bored now I just want to get there get some sun on my pale skin , get some vodka in me belly and some tunes in me lugs .

I'll be well chuffed if Mark Ronson gets anywhere near his Glasto set , looking forward to Blur as I have never seen them before and I expect great things from the Prod , as always .

I expect to finish work soon after lunch tomorrow , get packed and fly Sunday COME ON !!!!!

Four more days at work for me, before flying out next WED morning.  Can't wait for Noel, Blur, Jamie T, Ronson, Swim Deep & PE, to name but a few.

Anyone who has been before, what is the situation in terms of entertainment on the Monday, Tuesday, wednesday nights? Or is it all self made haha 

last year they had a "Rock this Town" thing , some bands playing in Beni Town (possibly at the beach) This year it looks like a Young Fathers gig if you are early enough to pic up a ticket .

There are plenty of bars for you to enjoy though !

Blur really will only have a 90 minute slot, shame. Other than that no really bad clashes for me personally, don't know what to expect with mark ronson, one minute they're promoting his live set then put him on the poster as a DJ the next.

Looks like Mark Ronson is definitely giving a live show, strange that they even put (DJ) next to his name, it's like their asking for stick on facebook haha

Edited by wedgie

I'd be surprised if Blur only do 90min. They only need 5 mins to set Timo Maas up with his laptop and strobe. Has anyone cross-checked the Clashfinder I posted last week, with the announced times?

Only real clash for me is Sat night, that run of Rev & Makers > Hinds > Kaisers > Frank T, but being able to get from 1 stage to another in 4 or 5 mins, will hopefully mean I'll get to catch a good 40-45 mins of each of their sets.

Edited by andytommo

I'd be surprised if Blur only do 90min. They only need 5 mins to set Timo Maas up with his laptop and strobe. Has anyone cross-checked the Clashfinder I posted last week, with the announced times?

Only real clash for me is Sat night, that run of Rev & Makers > Hinds > Kaisers > Frank T, but being able to get from 1 stage to another in 4 or 5 mins, will hopefully mean I'll get to catch a good 40-45 mins of each of their sets.

I've checked it against the 10 or so acts I really wanna see (inc. R&M and the Kaisers) and it matches up so I think it's legit

Has anyone in here checked out the go kart track? How is it? Are there long queues under the festival since it is really close to the camping?

Edit: Just noticed there is go karting in Oropesa as well. Is there any difference?

Edited by Nessipessi

Has anyone in here checked out the go kart track? How is it? Are there long queues under the festival since it is really close to the camping?

Edit: Just noticed there is go karting in Oropesa as well. Is there any difference?

i'm not aware of a track actually in Oropesa , there is a track midway between Oropesa and Beni , its on the main road and always empty , we are always surprised it is still open when we go back as there is a distinct lack of customers !!

i'm not aware of a track actually in Oropesa , there is a track midway between Oropesa and Beni , its on the main road and always empty , we are always surprised it is still open when we go back as there is a distinct lack of customers !!

That's the track I meant. Well, good for us I guess, as there will be no queues? Or is it because it sucks? Is it better to go to Benicassim?

That's the track I meant. Well, good for us I guess, as there will be no queues? Or is it because it sucks? Is it better to go to Benicassim?

I haven't used it mate but it looks ok , sort of tarmaccy if you know what I mean .

the one at the fest site looks .....tarmaccy too

I thought that the Glamping tents were already pre-erected for you when you arrive? They are usually located in their own separate section of Campfest, away from the general section where you find your own space and pitch?

That's what I assumed but wanted to check just in case. Thanks! :)