Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was me that asked the Manics question and TBF i did mean this year specifically. I was typing quickly and shouldn't really have put the word ever in. He's already said he'd consider them if it was a heavy set like Holy Bible. I'm assuming (reading between the lines here) that they were never supposed to be still playing those shows come June since they've only just added the new dates and now that they are willing to continue there aren't any slots they could play in - lets face it they'd have to be top 3 on main or top 2 on 2nd really.

Glad you did, nice thing about here is everything download related is in one place, where as on official forums you have to look here there and everywhere.

Good to have your input on here, hope you become a regular!

Fingers crossed! Hoping I can help with questions and stuff on here as well if need be :)

yeah the forums are a beast of their own now lol. Hopefully the re jiggle helps to put things in an easier found place for the Download stuff as opposed to general crap

So - any thoughts on who will be announced ?? Should we be worried that it's on R1, in that the bands might be more R1 friendly than say somewhere like Planet Rock ?

I'd like

Alice Cooper

ZZ Top

Royal Blood

Thunder

Skunk Anansie

The fact it's on radio 1 has no bearing on the bands being announced. It will be a typical download announcement

So - any thoughts on who will be announced ?? Should we be worried that it's on R1, in that the bands might be more R1 friendly than say somewhere like Planet Rock ?

I'd like

Alice Cooper

ZZ Top

Royal Blood

Thunder

Skunk Anansie

Royal blood would be good but Id imagine they would want to have a pretty high position now. Could sub the second stage I suppose.

Quick question. How quickly do tickets sell out (if they ever do). Probably not going to buy a ticket until late Jan early Feb and I dont want to see them all sell out during the next announcement.

I'd like

Alice Cooper

ZZ Top

Royal Blood

Thunder

Skunk Anansie

Nah, means nothing. RAdio 1 are a media partner and they always get at least one announcement. IF its a headliner then Zane Lowe normally gets it. If its not then its Dan Carter.

Royal blood would be good but Id imagine they would want to have a pretty high position now. Could sub the second stage I suppose.

Quick question. How quickly do tickets sell out (if they ever do). Probably not going to buy a ticket until late Jan early Feb and I dont want to see them all sell out during the next announcement.

Earliest its ever sold out was March and even then they found more camping tix by renting more fields.

I think you'll be fine, but keep an eye on the forums and Andy's Twitter as they normally give us warnings

I imagine Alice Cooper and ZZ Top would be too big for remaining slots now as well. Still loads of good stuff that could be announced though.

I assumed that Alice Cooper would be there as he's supporting Motley Crue on their last ever tour isn't he ?

Slipknot

Judas Priest

Five Finger Death Punch

Lamb Of God

Hollywood Undead

Of Mice & Men

Cavalera Conspiracy

Gojira

King 810

Black Stone Cherry

Godsmack

Papa Roach

Meshuggah

Muse

Faith No More

A Day To Remember

Rise Against

Coheed and Cambria

Architects

Pulled Apart By Horses

Tonight Alive

Hacktivist

Marilyn Manson

In Flames

Parkway Drive

Ghost

KISS

Mötley Crüe

Slash feat. Myles Kennedy

Billy Idol

Airbourne

Anthrax

Eagles Of Death Metal

Heaven's Basement

Feed The Rhino

Enter Shikari

Sleeping With Sirens

Body Count feat. Ice T

Less Than Jake

Aaaaagggghhh!!!!!!!!

Just realised that Wales are playing Belgium on the Friday of Download.

I know you England fans are used to this sort of thing but I thought that being welsh meant you avoided silly things like World cups and Euro championships that clash with Festivals.

I've got tickets to both,been to Donnington 11 times and haven't missed a Wales home qualifier for 21 years.

Something's gonna give.

Aaaaagggghhh!!!!!!!!

Just realised that Wales are playing Belgium on the Friday of Download.

I know you England fans are used to this sort of thing but I thought that being welsh meant you avoided silly things like World cups and Euro championships that clash with Festivals.

I've got tickets to both,been to Donnington 11 times and haven't missed a Wales home qualifier for 21 years.

Something's gonna give.

personally i enjoy the music more than the football. but then i had an arsenal season ticket which is probably worse than watching wales :P

personally i enjoy the music more than the football. but then i had an arsenal season ticket which is probably worse than watching wales :P

Ha ha, can guarantee that watching Wales is a lot worse than watching Arsenal.

Will probably head up to Download from Cardiff on the Friday night.My decision has been made slightly easier by the whole Slipknot/black stone cherry repeat from last year.

Not sure how easy it will be to get a Cardiff to derby train in a Friday night.

Ha ha, can guarantee that watching Wales is a lot worse than watching Arsenal.

Will probably head up to Download from Cardiff on the Friday night.My decision has been made slightly easier by the whole Slipknot/black stone cherry repeat from last year.

Not sure how easy it will be to get a Cardiff to derby train in a Friday night.

the last train from Cardiff that would be able to connect with a train to derby leaves at around quarter past 8 so I'd say impossible to do that night. The following morning will be fine though :L

the last train from Cardiff that would be able to connect with a train to derby leaves at around quarter past 8 so I'd say impossible to do that night. The following morning will be fine though :L

Thanks for the info,looks like I might have to (gulp) drive from Cardiff.

Gods of fate, why do you mock me so?