Despacio!

Brave Sir Robin

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree on the music point - a lot of it didn't work and fell a bit flat.

But the atmosphere's pretty amazing, and once they start playing better music the whole thing becomes a rather transcendental experience, as I'm sure anyone who heard Here Comes The Sun through Despacio earlier this year will tell you.

Everyone one loves an bit of LCD SS, 2manyDJs and even a JM DJ set, but from a tunage perspective this is a different kettle of fish. Yeah the above dudes are doing it, but I have reservations as to the nature of the tunes that will be played and what some may expect from these names.

I will wander by at some point, but I suspect it will be "check out those speaker stacks, wow!", have a quick bop; realize you want something "more" and head off................

unless of course the set is in full swing...........but that would be lucky timing

Edited by ThomThomDrum

the music they play is really not very interesting or enjoyable what so ever. its drab, pretentious and dronie. i could of gone on an off night were they just had really cack choices, but i dont reckon.

anyone else seen them do this before, what did you think?

to be honest i would COMPLETELY disagree with you! we went to the saturday night in manchester and it was one of my favourite ever clubbing experiences. it was just sublime and amazing from start to finish. yes they throw in some odd balls, but its brilliant.

to be honest i would COMPLETELY disagree with you! we went to the saturday night in manchester and it was one of my favourite ever clubbing experiences. it was just sublime and amazing from start to finish. yes they throw in some odd balls, but its brilliant.

I f+cking love Daneil Avery but we didnt get anything remotely like that at the sat night in london that we went to. most people were stood around chatting, and i know that most of my group, who are very seasoned clubbers, were finding it hard to get into and dance with a decent amount of gusto & enthusiasm.

we all went on the reception that it had in manchester from people we all know. and they too said it was amazing. thus why we went, and we had high hopes.

maybe we just went on a duff night with duff music. if they are playing for hours every day at glasto then maybe they would play more sets like the one in manchester. i hope so as from what you say, and the people that i know, a fantastic experience could be had.

Edited by neil_hill_1

I went twice, once in Hammersmith and once at the Roundhouse, and it was up there as one of the best gigs I've ever been to Dance wise. So many good memories, altho I think the best one was when they played Mr Oizo really slowed down, followed by Hot Chocolate followed by Harry Thurmann, just a really great experience, hopefully it won't be too rammed at Glasto, or be drowned out by the other stages in Silver Hayes

This playlist sums up the music perfectly. Definitely worth a listen

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpHEtIcGJ8D0-dgPtTWg0MKRDukTccdrm

(can't get a playlist to embed for some reason?)

Edited by Craig_G

This is brilliant news!

Went to Despacio in Manchester last summer and it was one of the best nights musically i've ever been to

Like others have said, its starts slow tempo - disco, funk soul etc and then builds gradually.. the last 1 hour or so was full on 2ManyDJs/LCD Soundsystem type stuff and it was just superb

:D

I'm so excited about this. Was hoping 2ManyDJs would be there in some way shape or form. this is definitely a must see for me now.

It's not really 2many dj's tho is it. Sounds like something so much better than that.

I f+cking love Daneil Avery but we didnt get anything remotely like that at the sat night in london that we went to. most people were stood around chatting, and i know that most of my group, who are very seasoned clubbers, were finding it hard to get into and dance with a decent amount of gusto & enthusiasm.

we all went on the reception that it had in manchester from people we all know. and they too said it was amazing. thus why we went, and we had high hopes.

maybe we just went on a duff night with duff music. if they are playing for hours every day at glasto then maybe they would play more sets like the one in manchester. i hope so as from what you say, and the people that i know, a fantastic experience could be had.

makes me think i was lucky to go to the manc one then!

mind you was always going to be better than a london crowd ;)

they will probably realise they can't just drop obscure stuff the entire time at a festival. another track i remember from the night we went was Harry Thumann - underwater!

they played a bit of rock early on as well, it is nice and varied! i agree tho it was at a hall with a wooden floor, quite a lot different to a tent!