American Metallica Fans Learn About Mogwai. Hilarity Ensues

Guest ninetyeightytwo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do if you hold the rights to the name of the band. Plus the stature of the band doesn't equate to the quality of the band so of course Mogwai are allowed to think Metallica are shit.

Also it's been brushed over that they said they'd have been a good booking in 1989. Suggesting that they've lost their way since then wouldn't be uncommon within their fanbase either.

I don't think Mogwai are trying to get publicity, they were asked and they gave a straight answer. Remember they also said 'it's a rock band playing a rock festival, I don't see the big deal' or something like that. The articles that quote them will use certain quotes to manipulate what they actually meant.

Well the music press wouldn't be going on about it as much if it wasn't controversial but Mogwai aren't being particularly anti metal if they suggested they should've headlined in 1989. Plus I imagine Mogwai would have said the same if they were up against Kasabian, Arcade Fire, Prince or the Stones.

by that logic the rolling stones should have headlined in 1975.........yes metallicas `best` days are behind them album wise(or though death magnetic was promising after st anger)....but theyre still one hell of a live band, dont forget as with a lot of heavier bands.....there bread and butter is their live shows, they live on the road...... bands like metallica, maiden, motorhead etc hardrock legends still tour all over the world every single year and stay relevent for their fans in the process....more then you can say for `bands` like the stones who only reform when the moneys right and when they do `eventully` tour charge a fortune to go see them....didnt hear all this bs though last year though eh? and if you ask me the stones make a lot less sense then metallica at least if you look at still being an actual performing touring, recording band rather then a past it one time only noveltly act.

and No I think if mogwai were up against any of the above they wouldnt have said a word, no contraversy train to jump aboard see thats what it smacks of to me? Maybe im more cynical then some haha

by that logic the rolling stones should have headlined in 1975.........yes metallicas `best` days are behind them album wise(or though death magnetic was promising after st anger)....but theyre still one hell of a live band, dont forget as with a lot of heavier bands.....there bread and butter is their live shows, they live on the road...... bands like metallica, maiden, motorhead etc hardrock legends still tour all over the world every single year and stay relevent for their fans in the process....more then you can say for `bands` like the stones who only reform when the moneys right and when they do `eventully` tour charge a fortune to go see them....didnt hear all this bs though last year though eh? and if you ask me the stones make a lot less sense then metallica at least if you look at still being an actual performing touring, recording band rather then a past it one time only noveltly act.

and No I think if mogwai were up against any of the above they wouldnt have said a word, no contraversy train to jump aboard see thats what it smacks of to me? Maybe im more cynical then some haha