Lock ups

Guest julesangel

Yep I did last year. I basically left all my money in there after pitching tent on Wendesday. Each evening I'd put everything of value in (cash, wallet, camera) and then in morning take out just enough cash for the day, anything else I needed and head on.

Really nice people run them and never had any issue. They also usually have a huge stash of bog roll as long as you make a donation.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echo what most people have said - we also store a "bag of valuables" in there for the entire festival - bank cards / car keys / mobiles / battery pack / cash etc etc.

Cost some cash in donations for a twice daily visit to some of the loveliest people. Worth every penny!

The tip below about a picture of the slip is great advice!!!

Edited by stuwilky

Exactly. One tip. Take a picture of you can of the slip you are given...Just in case :)

Also pick one that's on your route... I always walk down to site past lulu's cafe. So hitting the lock ups is as normal as going for an early morning wee for me...

You can also use more than one across the site, so always stash a jumper near the SE corner for late night shenanigans

I've never seen a queue at a lock up. I don't know why the potential few minutes is enough to put you off, all seems silly me. The alternative is storing your valuables somewhere that isn't safe or keeping them on your person. If you're intoxicated in whatever way, you might regret choosing to keep them on your person the following day!

I plan to use them for the first time this year. I've always got toilet roll from them and also an over 18 wristband. Never had a queue or a problem, they are very nice people and the service is efficient.

This year I want to take my DSLR. Not to stand at stages and piss everyone off, there's hardly any bands I actually want to see, but to just generally take photos around the site. I will be storing my camera in a lock up, without fail, every night.

Exactly. One tip. Take a picture of you can of the slip you are given...Just in case :)

Also pick one that's on your route... I always walk down to site past lulu's cafe. So hitting the lock ups is as normal as going for an early morning wee for me...

You can also use more than one across the site, so always stash a jumper near the SE corner for late night shenanigans

It's up to you but it's perfectly viable to be going back a couple of times a day. Yes it takes a couple of minutes so you might want to keep it to 2-3 rather than 5-6 if you can but they are all friendly and helpful and very willing to store whatever, whenever. Just make sure your use is reflected in your donation!

Me, I use them as a cash machine. Works out more in a way but I'd rather donate £20 to charity than give the banks £2 each day.

I've never seen a queue at a lock up. I don't know why the potential few minutes is enough to put you off, all seems silly me. The alternative is storing your valuables somewhere that isn't safe or keeping them on your person.

For valuables, agree whole-heartedly. We have secure storage at our campsite so we only need to store the kind of stuff that we don't want to have to walk the long way back to our camp to get, so booze, rain jackets (waste of time, really, may not bother!), sun-tan lotion (just the 3 gallons, cos of the heatwave), snacks, hats, jumper, hayfever tabs, whatever.

We'll probably still use one but will see how it goes having to walk somewhere to get stuff like that as opposed to just taking a bag everywhere. The tip about using a couple of lockups is a good one, though.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but it sounds like perhaps MoilyX may be wanting to store 'illicit' items. I guess lockers would be better in that case, as you wouldn't have to say what you were storing.

Partly, yes. It sounds like it's not really set up for being accessed conveniently several times a day, which is fine as it is a free service and not the end of the world if we carry the small amount of stuff we were planning on keeping in there.

They are fantastic for convenience . We use more than one all festival. Store food drinks clothes Tec in the few we will be close to and normally store some chaos so we can chill during day an then put the chairs back in for the evening. We then collect what we want the last day. We are in the caravan field so saves walking back