The Wailers

Guest Vth_Fish

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were fantastic in 2005 so really looking forward to seeing them again. Hopefully they play redemption song this time

I'm pretty sure that the set they're playing this summer are the tracks from 'Legend'. I can't rem,ember if Redemption Song is on that, but I guess it is.

If they play it, it'll be the very last song.

I'm pretty sure that the set they're playing this summer are the tracks from 'Legend'. I can't rem,ember if Redemption Song is on that, but I guess it is.

Saw them a few months back at the Indigo2 in Greenwich playing Legends. They were first class and if you haven;t I would recommend. Said to my son that night it would be great to see them in the sunshine at Glastonbury. I am hoping that they do not clash with Dolly. The legend's slot at the pyramid is somewhat of a tradition for our camp to all be together and this clash will split us firmly down the middle.

For me it has to be the Wailers.

One Love.

Reggae booker was asleep at the wheel this year.

I know there's The Blues and The Gully line ups still to come, but it looks like there's a lack of any Golden Era performers.

Horace Andy (with Dub Asante, who are superb!), The Wailers and ... erm ... Maxi Priest?

It's better than many years as it happens.

Hah - I did see Maxi Priest lingering down in the deeper recesses of the line-up. I'm sure he's got decent reggae roots, but I only really know him for Close To You and covering Cat Stevens.

they were absolutely massive songs in their day (didn't all the girls think he was drop-dead gorgeous?), even if a bit cod.

(And, btw, he was probably covering Jimmy Cliff as it was Jimmy that made Wild World famous in the UK and not Cat. :P).

I only recently discovered that he fronted Black Uhuru for a while, too.

I've never seen him, so i'll be interested to check him out. Unfortunately it'll mean a trip to the horrible Silver Hayes.

Edited by eFestivals