A new Prince thread!

Guest mattyc1965

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BBC page for Prince points to Glastonbury in the events section, right at the bottom of the page. And a couple of months ago, during an article on the BBC news channel there was mention of Prince never signing contracts for gigs and appearances any further than 6 weeks in advance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/070d193a-845c-479f-980e-bef15710653e

The BBC page for Prince points to Glastonbury in the events section, right at the bottom of the page. And a couple of months ago, during an article on the BBC news channel there was mention of Prince never signing contracts for gigs and appearances any further than 6 weeks in advance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/070d193a-845c-479f-980e-bef15710653e

Just about any act tries to generate interest in any gigs or anything they do. Call it hype, call it anything you like. I don't see much difference in what Prince does.

Just about any act tries to generate interest in any gigs or anything they do. Call it hype, call it anything you like. I don't see much difference in what Prince does.

they all try and do it. Few get as much.

That's mainly the result of the age of the people in power within the media right now, in the same way that stuff like Hawkwind is now commonly used in TV adverts. It's the personal interests of these people being pushed onto the rest of society thru their media channels, and because Prince was such a big act in their younger days, it's ended up with just about every media outlet having a big interest in Prince.

There's no paid-for advertising campaign that I can think of that will have succeeded in getting such good penetration into it's target market as Prince managed.

they all try and do it. Few get as much.

That's mainly the result of the age of the people in power within the media right now, in the same way that stuff like Hawkwind is now commonly used in TV adverts. It's the personal interests of these people being pushed onto the rest of society thru their media channels, and because Prince was such a big act in their younger days, it's ended up with just about every media outlet having a big interest in Prince.

Why would media outlets have such an interest in a supposed has been?

not the outlets themselves, the individuals who are working for those media outlets, who are now in the positions of power at some level.

As I said, it's exactly the same thing going on as causes the likes of Hawkwind to be used in an advert.

An individual is interested, and so they go with their interest.

That's hardly a wacky idea. All of us go with our interests if we have the freedom to do so.

I think it's due to the way he does it. He mixes it up, confuses most of the media, and in the end, delivers the goods (on stage).

He could be pretty shit on stage and I don't think it would make a massive difference to the personal interest some media peeps have in him going back some 30-ish years. It's that long-standing liking which is motivating those people to be interested enough to write about him, in much the same way as (say) Rod Stewart can still always get himself in the papers any time he wants (and I think we can agree: he IS shit).

Edited by eFestivals

not the outlets themselves, the individuals who are working for those media outlets, who are now in the positions of power at some level.

As I said, it's exactly the same thing going on as causes the likes of Hawkwind to be used in an advert.

An individual is interested, and so they go with their interest.

That's hardly a wacky idea. All of us go with our interests if we have the freedom to do so.

He could be pretty shit on stage and I don't think it would make a massive difference to the personal interest some media peeps have in him going back some 30-ish years. It's that long-standing liking which is motivating those people to be interested enough to write about him, in much the same way as (say) Rod Stewart can still always get himself in the papers any time he wants (and I think we can agree: he IS shit).