T in The Park 2015

Matt42

Maybe they should have taken a year off to actually study everything involved with the move because this really is amateur for a company which claims to have lots of experience.

Bad communication and not telling us when a band/singer has pulled out. Not telling us when someone changes days. Not giving us the map until 2 weeks before the event. Not thinking about rare birds, not thinking about road infrastructure. Charging extra to find out the set times. Deleting Facebook posts etc.

Looks like this is going to be a one off for me this year. Not sure which festival I will go to next year. Any recommendations?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No bother.

Kinda stupid having avicci there then now is it not?

Thought the whole idea of having those edm dj mugs on last was because of the late license.

Yeah true, but I guess as long as the band before (libs in this case) doesn't have a huge, spectacular light show and everyone finishes in line, then it doesn't matter what time the thing finishes

My Sunday mock up times. Seems like there again should be an act or two to be announced to fill gaps.

MAIN STAGE

21:20-22:50 - Noel Gallagher

19:40-20:50 - Stereophonics

18:10-19:10 - Paloma Faith

16:40-17:40 - Alabama Shakes

15:10-16:10 - James Bay

13:40-14:40 - The View

12:40-13:10 - Ella Eyre

RADIO ONE STAGE

21:20-22:50 - The Prodigy

19:50-20:50 - Jamie T

18:20-19:20 - Kodaline

17:05-17:50 - Catfish & The Bottlemen

15:50-16:35 - Idlewild

14:40-15:20 - Peace

13:40-14:10 - Wolf Alice

12:40-13:10 - Marmozets

KING TUTS WAH WAH TENT

21:20-22:50 - Above & Beyond

19:50-20:50 - Clean Bandit

18:20-19:20 - Oliver Heldens

16:50-17:50 - Modest Mouse

15:35-16:20 - Everything Everything

14:35-15:05 - Admiral Fallow

13:35-14:05 - Saint Raymond

12:35-13:05 - And So I Watch You From Afar

SLAM TENT

21:30-23:00 - Loco Dice

20:00-21:30 - Dubfire

18:30-20:00 - Dixon

17:00-18:30 - Maya Jane Coles

15:30-17:00 - Claude Von Stroke

14:30-15:30 - Surgeon & Lady Starlight

13:00-14:30 - Alan Fitzpatrick

12:00-13:00 - Dense & Pika

BBC INTRODUCING

21:10-22:10 - The Xcerts

20:00-20:40 - Dive In

19:00-19:30 - Cassels

18:00-18:30 - Miaoux Miaoux

17:00-17:30 - Sykes

16:00-16:30 - Man Of Moon

15:00-15:30 - Monogram

14:00-14:30 - Love Nor Money

13:00-13:30 - Bdy_Prts

12:00-12:30 - Tongues

T BREAK STAGE

21:05-21:35 - The Claramassa

20:15-20:45 - Spring Break

19:25-19:55 - Crash Club

18:35-19:05 - Walking On Cars

17:35-18:05 - Young Guns

16:35-17:05 - Benjamin Booker

15:35-16:05 - Black Rivers

14:45-15:15 - Gerry Cinnamon

13:55-15:25 - The Van T's

13:05-13:35 - Be Charlotte

I'm thinking this will be my last year - there's very little on the lineup for me this year - I was hoping for older acts along the lines of Charlatans, Weller, Inspirals, etc from last year.

Been watching IOW highlights and all I can say is I either wish it was closer, there was a Scottish equivelent or T had went down this route instead of the one they have chosen.

Crazy to think that a decade ago they would book acts like The Who, Bowie, REM to headline - acts who were hardly current at the time - and have instead decided to swap a "legendary" act for a DJ headlining the main stage (if rumours of Avicii's fees are true they're probably spending around the same amount of money)

Dont think I'll be back unless there's a blinder of a lineup.

I'm thinking this will be my last year - there's very little on the lineup for me this year - I was hoping for older acts along the lines of Charlatans, Weller, Inspirals, etc from last year.

Been watching IOW highlights and all I can say is I either wish it was closer.

Totally agree.

Human league were amazing last year.

Watching IOW the now and would love noasis SLF and kool and the gang at titp.

Bands like that just work during the day.

Hopefully this will be a one off and what people have been saying about how "they stopped booking acts because they did not know if it was going ahead" is true. 

Let's hope so....

Edited by The Man with a Plan

Also can't help feeling we're having the odd hour or so of music nicked from us here and there:

Back in 2007 when it was the first Friday of music - the music started at 4 (believe it was Lilly Allen) the a couple of years they made a big deal out of making Friday a "full day of music" - which I seem to think started at 12 -this year on the T site it says Friday music starts at 2pm.

Last year the late license Saturday may have been a one-off - however they implied that it wasn't by having the "co-headliners" again, with a similar guitar-y then dance-y set up.

There's also been no mention of campsite entertainment/sunset strip. It just says "arena entertainment ends"

Maybe we'll get some clues with the map - but I'm not holding out much hope for anything amazing.

Does anyone know if we can view the entertainment license online somewhere? Would be interested to see what has been approved.

Edited by stu150

T has been on a downward spiral since 2011. I bought my early bird straight after and couldn't believe the crap we got served up in 12. It was like they said, fuck you we're changing direction now. Some of this was definitely down to Oxegen folding in Ireland but T could have moved date and buddied with another festival. 

All I would say is, if you can afford to do IOW or one of the other festivals down south then do it. You won't be back in a hurry. T has a magic charm in its people, the party atmosphere etc but at the end of the day you realise that you are paying top dollar for top music and it's failed to deliver for a long time now. No amount of banter can make up for that. I live in hope that maybe they'll put a half decent line up on again but then again, if there is no proper citizen T, no tents at the (very expensive) campervans and no alternative but oshitsville camping, then I probably still wouldn't go. I'll wait for reports to see how the Lethangie thing works this year. I really can't be arsed with waiting in big queues for shuttles etc at the end of the day when I'm a bit tired and emotional :)

T has been on a downward spiral since 2011. I bought my early bird straight after and couldn't believe the crap we got served up in 12. It was like they said, fuck you we're changing direction now. Some of this was definitely down to Oxegen folding in Ireland but T could have moved date and buddied with another festival. 

All I would say is, if you can afford to do IOW or one of the other festivals down south then do it. You won't be back in a hurry. T has a magic charm in its people, the party atmosphere etc but at the end of the day you realise that you are paying top dollar for top music and it's failed to deliver for a long time now. No amount of banter can make up for that. I live in hope that maybe they'll put a half decent line up on again but then again, if there is no proper citizen T, no tents at the (very expensive) campervans and no alternative but oshitsville camping, then I probably still wouldn't go. I'll wait for reports to see how the Lethangie thing works this year. I really can't be arsed with waiting in big queues for shuttles etc at the end of the day when I'm a bit tired and emotional :)

Lethangie is only 0.5 mile away this year so easily walkable

I think a lot of people now go out of habit more than anything else.

That certainly used to be the case. Now the numbers are smaller it's more of a right of passage kind of thing. Everybody has got to do T as soon after turning 17 as possible! The market is definitely there to run a music orientated festival, something like connect was, but DF are bastards to competition. I miss the old days..........

Hmm not sure on the comparisons saying that IOW is better than T..IOW although they sometimes get bigger acts, their overall lineup compared to T is much weaker. They only have two main stages and the second stage is filled with very small acts plus you can't even get day tickets their.

Although on the whole T is a weaker this year lower down the line up in some places, its pulled the sort of headliners people have been wanting (many were asking for the likes of (Noel, prodigy etc) and now they aren't getting the credit they deserve. T also manages to get acts in lower slots than what they play at other festivals.

The entertainment was cracking on Thursday last year but it definitely needed some upgrades for after the headliners had finished.

Prodigy headlined IOW this year.

Noel played/headlined a couple of years ago

Kasabian have also played both numerous times in the past.

Blur have headlined both

Stone Roses have headlined both

So I think they as acts go they are/were quite similar.

The comparison was due to the fact that Isle of Wight & T had similar style lineups they would have a mix of current and "legendary" headliners - In 2004 they both booked Bowie to headline, unfortunately, he only headlined Isle of Wight. IOW have chosen to continue down this path - whereas T have gone down a more EDM/current lineup.

In my opinion had T continued to have the big older acts they would still be selling out today - getting tickets for T used to be stressful and it would sell out in under an hour - now the event doesn't sell out. I think if they went back to older style lineups more tickets would be sold and there would be lot more repeat customers. The "T faithful" they used to go on about.

Obviously lineups are subjective - but I can count more acts per day at IOW I would love to see than I can over the whole weekend at T.

To be honest if I wasnt already in it for so much (tangerine fields, tickets, travel, etc) I prob wouldn't bother going. I'm sure I'll still have an awesome time there just isn't a "wow" act for me this year. All the headliners (except possibly Avicii) have played at least one show in Scotland over the past year (I guess the Libs would be my wow act had I not seen them at the Barras last summer)

I'd only make a point of seeing 9 acts over the weekend to be fair. The Libs are there but I'm not really arsed, living down south there was plenty of chance over the last two years. Saturday in general is very poor, good if you like pure pop. Years & Years stick out as bad placing imo as well.

Prodigy headlined IOW this year.

Noel played/headlined a couple of years ago

Kasabian have also played both numerous times in the past.

Blur have headlined both

Stone Roses have headlined both

So I think they as acts go they are/were quite similar.

The comparison was due to the fact that Isle of Wight & T had similar style lineups they would have a mix of current and "legendary" headliners - In 2004 they both booked Bowie to headline, unfortunately, he only headlined Isle of Wight. IOW have chosen to continue down this path - whereas T have gone down a more EDM/current lineup.

In my opinion had T continued to have the big older acts they would still be selling out today - getting tickets for T used to be stressful and it would sell out in under an hour - now the event doesn't sell out. I think if they went back to older style lineups more tickets would be sold and there would be lot more repeat customers. The "T faithful" they used to go on about.

Obviously lineups are subjective - but I can count more acts per day at IOW I would love to see than I can over the whole weekend at T.

To be honest if I wasnt already in it for so much (tangerine fields, tickets, travel, etc) I prob wouldn't bother going. I'm sure I'll still have an awesome time there just isn't a "wow" act for me this year. All the headliners (except possibly Avicii) have played at least one show in Scotland over the past year (I guess the Libs would be my wow act had I not seen them at the Barras last summer)

If thats your argument for IOW, why did that not sell out then? IOW manages to book similar acts to T, but they have to put them in higher slots for example James and You Me At Six being third down whilst at 5th and 6th down. T is much stronger in its appeal to the most likely demographic to attend.