Prince, Metallica and Outkast confirmed for Glastonbury 2014 Festival today?

Guest StoneCircle

It's threads like this that give other people the chance to feel like Liverpool fan.

This year we'll win the league replaced by This year Prince will headline.

We know it's not going to happen but there's a chance. Not much of a chance but just enough to cling on to.

Then, at the end of the season, Man Utd win again / Kasabian headline.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone from the 'top tier' of possible headliners that's still in the running?

(your mileage may vary on the use of top tier, here)

Metallica aren't ruled out - neither are The Eagles. AC/DC have been mentioned but seem so unlikely as to not even be in consideration - likewise ABBA. Springsteen, Neil Young and U2 are still active this summer, but none seem likely to return. Radiohead and Madonna seem to be on hiatus again and there aren't any signals from the Oasis camp. Likewise Blur. Kanye West hasn't distanced himself from playing, no idea what Tom Petty's up to and that also applies to the Stone Roses and Pearl Jam.

After that, all your left with - who? Muse, Coldplay, The Killers, Kings of Leon, Elbow, Rihanna, Biffy Clyro (Reading Exclusives?), The Foo Fighters, The Strokes.

Difficult to read the tea leaves on this one.

so basically, if that's Prince out of the window, it could be absolutely fucking anybody and we're totally none the wiser

both equally exciting and frustrating (although, right now, more frustrating as i REALLY wanted Prince and can only assume that whoever's in 'his place' will be a lesser act (at least in my eyes, anyway)

Is there anyone from the 'top tier' of possible headliners that's still in the running?

(your mileage may vary on the use of top tier, here)

Metallica aren't ruled out - neither are The Eagles. AC/DC have been mentioned but seem so unlikely as to not even be in consideration - likewise ABBA. Springsteen, Neil Young and U2 are still active this summer, but none seem likely to return. Radiohead and Madonna seem to be on hiatus again and there aren't any signals from the Oasis camp. Likewise Blur. Kanye West hasn't distanced himself from playing, no idea what Tom Petty's up to and that also applies to the Stone Roses and Pearl Jam.

After that, all your left with - who? Muse, Coldplay, The Killers, Kings of Leon, Elbow, Rihanna, Biffy Clyro (Reading Exclusives?), The Foo Fighters, The Strokes.

Difficult to read the tea leaves on this one.

they've done so many festivals they must be ready to play at a moments notice I'd guess.

I'd probably go and see them, but it will always be a shame they didnt do glastonbury as one of the first shows of their comeback .That would have been truly ace. Imagine the excitement as the first few notes of adored were played. Mayhem

they've done so many festivals they must be ready to play at a moments notice I'd guess.

I'd probably go and see them, but it will always be a shame they didnt do glastonbury as one of the first shows of their comeback .That would have been truly ace. Imagine the excitement as the first few notes of adored were played. Mayhem