Pukkelpop 2014

TheNewUnion

Pukkelpop made this comment regarding the timetable in yesterday's post:

"Working hard to put the last pieces of the #pkp14 puzzle together. Time table will be up as soon as possible! We’ll keep you posted. See you in August!"

I suppose this means that they will skip the stage splits and just release the timetable instead, hopefully by the end of this week.

Pukkelpop made this comment regarding the timetable in yesterday's post:

"Working hard to put the last pieces of the #pkp14 puzzle together. Time table will be up as soon as possible! Well keep you posted. See you in August!"

I suppose this means that they will skip the stage splits and just release the timetable instead, hopefully by the end of this week.

So, any more suprises we reckoning? Think they're definitely trying to avoid the drop out scenario that occurred last year. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a couple of drop outs but with replacements named when the timetable finally drops.

So, any more suprises we reckoning? Think they're definitely trying to avoid the drop out scenario that occurred last year. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a couple of drop outs but with replacements named when the timetable finally drops.

Yeah I also think that some of the eventual drop outs will probably have replacements, which could also explain why they (most likely) skipped the stage splits. Regarding more surprises I must say that it seems kind of unlikely considering the band count as of right now is the largest one yet. However, they didn't say that the last announcement they made was the one finishing the line-up, so they might have a couple of acts left (if those aren't replacing the supposed drop outs).

Edited by Thebrokenleg

I think the delayed stage splits have more to do with the same issue Werchter had: the inability to fill in certain spots (we were still expecting a sub for Sat and a closing act for Fri, perhaps they failed to book some and are now shifting acts) and trying to avoid major clashes by shifting before the release of the timetable (i.e. trying to avoid a Disclosure-Deadmau5 clash which would cause a major outrage).

Was hoping we'd get it today but may well be next week now.

Will be very interesting to see what they do with Disclosure and Deadmau5. I think there's a strong argument that Disclosure are the more popular act at the moment, so may be justified in taking the closing slot on the Main. Don't think it will happen but the Marquee will be absolutely rammed which ever one of them plays in there. I think back to Paul Kalkbrenner last year and the crowd was spilling out all around the area outside - we couldn't get anywhere near the tent itself. Think it's fair to say that Deadmau5 and Disclosure are both more popular than him.

It'll be rammed regardless of who plays Marquee. I'll probably go for whoever plays Main I think, just because I'm not great with really REALLY big crowds/crushes.

Selfishly I want Disclosure to play main for reasons above.

Have to say, if they're stuck for some big slots, bring Major Lazer back. I thought they were mint last year.

Is it completely ruled out that they won't just both play the Main? Like say if you have Editors on at 20.00, Outkast 22.30, Disclosure at 00.00 and Deadmau5 starting at say 01.00? Or even later? Orrrrrrrrr you could have Disclosure playing before Editors around 20.00~ish and bump everyone else up a slot. Like TheNewUnion said, Major Lazer last year tore the Main to shreds and they played in the afternoon. No reason Disclosure couldn't do a similar thing, right?

I mean with Kalkbrenner, Klangkarussell, Crookers and Modeselektor you could still easily close the Marquee, Dance Hall and Boiler respectively. Anyway we'll probably find out next week or the one after. :)

Is it completely ruled out that they won't just both play the Main? Like say if you have Editors on at 20.00, Outkast 22.30, Disclosure at 00.00 and Deadmau5 starting at say 01.00? Or even later? Orrrrrrrrr you could have Disclosure playing before Editors around 20.00~ish and bump everyone else up a slot. Like TheNewUnion said, Major Lazer last year tore the Main to shreds and they played in the afternoon. No reason Disclosure couldn't do a similar thing, right?

I mean with Kalkbrenner, Klangkarussell, Crookers and Modeselektor you could still easily close the Marquee, Dance Hall and Boiler respectively. Anyway we'll probably find out next week or the one after. :)

Editors closed Rock Werchter last year, so I can only see them headlining in the dark. My guess is that they'll put Deadmau5 on main (after all he's still the biggest name) and Disclosure in marquee at the exact same moment, possibly even clashing with other popular acts. Then there's only hoping that there'll be an equal division of the crowd.

Disclosure and Major Lazor aren't fully comparable though. First of all ML was a last minute replacement, so their spot depended more on fitting into the already existing schedule. Also I can't see the Disclosure show working in the sun as great as the ML one (which has a more Summerish/tropical vibe).

Editors closed Rock Werchter last year, so I can only see them headlining in the dark. My guess is that they'll put Deadmau5 on main (after all he's still the biggest name) and Disclosure in marquee at the exact same moment, possibly even clashing with other popular acts. Then there's only hoping that there'll be an equal division of the crowd.

Disclosure and Major Lazor aren't fully comparable though. First of all ML was a last minute replacement, so their spot depended more on fitting into the already existing schedule. Also I can't see the Disclosure show working in the sun as great as the ML one (which has a more Summerish/tropical vibe).

Yeah good points you're probably correct! I keep forgetting how huge Editors are in Belgium. No offense to fans but I'm not into them at all and would consider Outkast the bigger name. I guess if they just line up NOFX in the Shelter, Modeselektor or Crookers in the Boiler, maybe Flume or Klangkarussell in the Dance Hall and Cashmere Cat in the Castello; that will be probably be enough to prevent a flooding of the Marquee. :)

Can't say I'm looking forward to Editors really... but the excitement is definitely beginning to kick in!

Also, I'm in campsite B and was wondering if anybody knew how long the main arena walk is? The idea of queuing to get onto a bus up the road every day does not sit too well with me at the moment...

Edited by SoLoCo

Don't find Editors offensive or anything but I very much doubt I'll be there to see them. I did download their most recent album but haven't got round to listening to it yet (and probably won't now).

Agree that the excitment is definitely building up! I finish work on Wednesday for 6 weeks and PKP is slap bang in the middle of it all. Printed off my tickets this morning and been checking out train times for the Wednesday so it's all starting to very get real! Just need the timetable now so I can make some plans and see how the days are going to pan out (on paper anyway!).

Currently watching St Vincent live from Glastonbury - she looks like an interesting character! Love the album so will make every effort to go along to see them, should be a good show.

SoLoCo - I took the bus home on the Wednesday night last year and campsite B did seem a fair bit away from the arena. Not sure how direct the route was that the bus took but at a guess I'd say you're looking at a 15/20 minute walk. Hopefully someone who stayed there can give you more detailed info. Reckon the idea of a bus will seem very appealing by Saturday morning though!!

Not knowing the times, the only bad clash for me looks like being The War on Drugs and Royksopp on the Friday. But then I may be the only person going who likes both of them...

On the Saturday Portishead could be going up against Anna Calvi and/or St Vincent, which is a little odd as I'd have thought their potential audiences were similar.

Other that, looks like I'll be in the Club, the Marquee and the Castello a lot. Same as every year then... Probably won't need to trouble the Main at all on the Saturday. Which is good.

Not knowing the times, the only bad clash for me looks like being The War on Drugs and Royksopp on the Friday. But then I may be the only person going who likes both of them...

On the Saturday Portishead could be going up against Anna Calvi and/or St Vincent, which is a little odd as I'd have thought their potential audiences were similar.

Other that, looks like I'll be in the Club, the Marquee and the Castello a lot. Same as every year then... Probably won't need to trouble the Main at all on the Saturday. Which is good.

Same here for the war on drugs and Royksopp. If they are on at the same time it'll be Royksopp all the way.

Some early observations:

* St Lucia kicking off the festival on Thursday morning in the Marquee will be immense!

* Very nice run of DJs in the Boiler from Gewelt all the way through to Gorgon City (pretty sure I've worked out the timings for the Boiler Room for all three days as they have the exact same number of DJs as last year).

* Will be spending a fair portion of Thursday in the Dance Hall thanks to Cut Copy, Redlight, Mo, Clean Bandit, Klangkarussel, Flume and Disclosure.

* Hopefully find (or make) time for Jungle, Temples and Atomic Bomb too.

* The Bohicas will be a nice wake up call in the Club Friday morning.

* Bit disappointed Drenge are on the Main but will give me a good excuse to go there.

* Really well programmed succession of DJs in the Boiler from MK to Nina Kraviz, and then the big one - Andy C to finish!!

* Castello looks good all day. Bit surprised to see The Amazing Snakeheads in there but will undoubtedly be a 'moment'.

* Sub Focus on a bit earlier in the evening means no clash with any of the headliners.

* Nice early spread across various stages for Drumsound and Baseline Smith, Arthur Beatrice, Mapei and Glass Animals.

* Big DnB line up in the Boiler - it's almost like a takeover!

* Will probably camp out in the Castello later on - very appealing run from Tourist through to the finish with Superdiscount 3.

* Hope I also find time for St Vincent, Kelis, Snoop Dogg and Kavinsky.

Aside from clashes with DJs in the Boiler (which is kind of inevitable as they play for an hour and a half each) I'm quietly confident that there won't be anything too distressing to contend with once the timetable is released. I was never going to see everyone I wanted but most of my 'A-List' are either on the same stage or in different slots throughout the day. Tried to do a bit of a mini-clashfinder (very slow day in the office thankfully!) based on last years times but it just gets too messy, what with different numbers of bands on certain days and DJs playing in the Dance Hall and Castello etc.

Like the look of Club on Friday - I would happily watch everyone in there. Am I right in thinking that Club is the one at the back of the Main Stage field?

Looking at the lineup in a proper format does really help me get a grasp on what is actually going on, there are some really nice runs of bands (St Vincent into Ana Calvi for example).

Gogol Bordello into Die Antwoord will be bedlam, Janelle into Outkast will be a serious dance-a-thon (and must surely mean that Janelle will have Big Boi guest on Tightrope).

Lagwagon into NoFX would make younger me lose my mind.

and then I keep coming back to

The War On Drugs - Thurston Moore - Kurt Vile & The Violators Wild Beasts - First Aid Kit - Sharon Van Etten

Which will be very difficult ot leave the Main/Club back to back to back session there.

Can I just say I toooooootally called Macklemore & Ryan Lewis closing the Main on Friday? :D

Few notes so far:
-Janelle Monáe I would've preferred in the Marquee, but psyched anyway.
-Deadmau5/Disclosure/Cashmere Cat is a nasty clash. Inevitable of course. Might go for Cashmere.
-The Kooks not on Main Stage, and not even closing the Marquee is a surprise to me.

-Relieved to see it's unlikely for The National & Röyksopp to clash.

-Castello on Friday opens with 4 things I wanna see in a row!

-And on Saturday they've got 6 acts in a row I want to see.
-Darkside second-to-last in the Marquee surprises me & it's gonna cost me St. Vincent + QOTSA.

-Saturday Boiler looks a DnB-topia doesn't it? Mat Zo's trance is gonna stick out lol.

-Are they seriously clashing Portishead/Kavinsky/Superdiscount 3/Anna Calvi on Saturday night? :( Plus my mates will wanna see Calvin Harris or Pendulum, so this is gonna cause arguments haha.

* St Lucia kicking off the festival on Thursday morning in the Marquee will be immense!

Oh nice great eye, didn't notice that! And immediately after that Cut Copy in the Dance Hall!! It's always cool when they open the festival with something immediately great, like Imagine Dragons last year, or Blue October a few years back.

Like the look of Club on Friday - I would happily watch everyone in there. Am I right in thinking that Club is the one at the back of the Main Stage field?

Yup that's the one!

Edited by Snorefest