Pukkelpop 2014

TheNewUnion

The free E-train ticket can be bought as of today, but I am wondering if you have to be quick about the purchase in case the tickets run out or something?

Also, nice to finally get the stage splits, even though there are probably going to be some nasty clashes such as The War On Drugs/Röyksopp & Robyn and Jake Bugg/James Vincent McMorrow/Fka Twigs. Other than that, everything looks good!

The stage splits for me are absolutely awful. Thurs looks like Slowdive/NOFX/Disclosure will clash and Sat looks like QOTSA/Portishead/BMTH will. Hopefully I'm wrong. :(

I don't think QOTSA and Portishead will clash. Marquee headliners normally start after the mainstage headliner finishes and clash with whoever is closing the stage so Portishead will clash with Calvin Harris. I think BMTH might clash with either Portishead or QOTSA though

Here are some timings from a couple of years back, gives you an idea of what happens clash wise.

Edited by TheNewUnion

Booked train tickets from Brugges to Kiewit, anyone else doing this route?

No, coming down through Holland so have booked from Essen to Kiewit.

With regards to the potential clashes, found this website with all the times from last year (official website have removed them for some reason):

http://timetable.cc/timetable/148

It's what I tried to use yesterday when I was working out when certain bands might be playing but you can't just apply it directly to this year. It's also not 100% accurate as some of the late cancellations are still there e.g. Neil Young and Slayer.

SoLoCo - you might get to see the first half of either NOFX or Slowdive and then Disclosure as the headliners in both the Shelter and the Club on Thursday last year started at 12.20am and 12.10am respectively. Only problem with that is you may not get anywhere near the tent for Disclosure if you turn up late!

For more on potential clashes, while the schedule for 2013 is no longer available, those from 2012 and earlier are still available. For example: http://2012.pukkelpop.be/en/line-up/thursday/schedule and http://2011.pukkelpop.be/en/line-up/thursday/ Could give you some ideas of what it will look like.

Do note that some things changed after the 2011 storm, for example, in 2011 and earlier there tended to be clashes between the Marquee and Dance Hall, but in 2012 (and 2013 too?) instead the Dance Hall tended to clash with the Main Stage.
Also when in 2012 the Castello was introduced the shows there tended to overlap with Dance Hall show too (probably because now those 2 stages are closer together), while in the past the Chateau would alternate with the Dance Hall.

So don't take these old schedules as gospel, but if you pay attention to any of them, the 2012 one or the 2013 schedule posted above by Semprini is probably the most relevant.

Aww balls, for real?! That's super dissapointing, was really looking forward to that show. Like, top 3 most anticipated for sure. :( Dang that's really a shame.

Yeah I was really looking forward to his show as well! I wonder it this means that they'll find a replacement or just rearrange the timetable.. anyway it's a bummer he cancelled.

Reckon they will just start The Castello a bit later on Friday, rather than replace him. Remember on Thursday last year they didn't kick things off in there until nearly 3pm due to cancellations. Disappointed about that myself as was planning to pop in to check him out.

Think we should get the timetable on Tues/Weds next week so all will be revealed!!

Yeah I think so too, since right now they've got 10 Castello acts on Friday. Losing 1, while a big bummer for us, means down to 9 which seems to be the average of acts per stage, so replacing him is not viiiiital probably. (Except for the Boiler which has 10 or 11 each day.) Then again they've never actually said the line-up is complete, so who knows? ;)

Timetable is out!

Not too bad for me on first inspection, although a very nasty direct clash between Dan Croll and Cut Copy on Thursday morning is disappointing to say the least.

2 hours of Royksopp and Robyn should make a few people on here happy!!

A few overlaps on Saturday that I could do without but not complaining too much.

Eyedress still on the line up and has been scheduled so not sure what's gone on there.

Edit: just seen the Eyedress news below the one announcing the timetable.

Edited by Semprini

Amazed Royksopp are doing two hours but think I read that it's them doing a set, Robyn doing a set and then both together. Also surprised Mackelmore is on so late.

Thursday works well with temples sandwiched in between Janelle Monae and outkast. May have to catch the end of Janelle Monae so I get to see Jungle.

Biggest disappointment is Snoop And Kelis as a straight clash, didn't expect that.

Found a local news report that has some footage from the site. It's to do with Summer Swing, which is a one day event on the festival terrain the weekend before PKP. You can see the Marquee and Shelter (which are bring used for Summer Swing) as well as the Dance Hall and Club. It's all in Dutch but don't think there's too much in relation to PKP:

http://www.tvl.be/nl/2014-07-28/kiewit-maakt-zich-op-voor-drukke-festivalzomer/#.U9qeUuNdW8A

I can just sense how incandescent with rage Dave will be when he finds out Level 42 have been booked for this and not PKP. Think it must be to do with the fact that they can't risk putting them and the Quo on the same bill - there'd be thousands of people storming the gates in scenes reminiscent of Glastonbury before they put the super fence up.

Have I missed something? Are Quo playing?

Sadly not, we've just been jesting since Francesco Rossi was announced. Think he may actually be the Italian cousin of the Quo lead singer though ;)

Are you getting in on the Wednesday? The group I go with (including a few off here) will probably be heading out for a meal in Hasselt that night, before hitting the site to grab our wristbands. We'll no doubt finish things off at the bar on the corner, because that's what we always do!! Will pm you the details on Twitter nearer the time but be good to meet up for a few beers before the official kick off.

Sadly not, we've just been jesting since Francesco Rossi was announced. Think he may actually be the Italian cousin of the Quo lead singer though ;)

Are you getting in on the Wednesday? The group I go with (including a few off here) will probably be heading out for a meal in Hasselt that night, before hitting the site to grab our wristbands. We'll no doubt finish things off at the bar on the corner, because that's what we always do!! Will pm you the details on Twitter nearer the time but be good to meet up for a few beers before the official kick off.

I'm sure Rossi gets mistaken for Francis all the time. I bet he's used to it and will probably play a medley of Paper Plane / Down Down / You're in the Army Now mid-set, just so as not to disappoint the legion of Quo fans who will turn up by mistake, thumbs ready-cocked in jeans belts.