• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

I thought that, but at the same time as Metallica when The Pit headliners have been announced? Then thought they could be implying that the NME/FR is 'proper rocknroll' or some shit.

Oh I guess so. But they could easily just not differentiate between the Lock Up and The Pit because that's just how the stage was sold to them or something. The same time as Metallica make sense out of the three too.

Definitely not FR. I was hammered and was like "Are you playing the FR Stage that'd be well sick" and Ryan said "Nah we're doing the rock stage while Metallica are on".

Yeah but dental that would mean The Cribs headlining the Lock Up which is even more crazy than them on the Pit. The 1975 will be headlining it next year.

Yeah, I can't see The Cribs headlining Lock Up, but I guess it's not outside the realms of possibilities. Unless Refused/Mastodon are on Metallica day, and The Cribs do a "closing set", we love those closing sets.

Who knows. I said I wasn't going to question this you buggers.

I thought Will was throwing a zinger out by saying how strange The Cribs headlining Lock Up would be. I don't see a problem with them doing that at all.

On another note: am i the only one who thinks The Vaccines won't sub?

They're subbing BBC Introducing.

I thought Will was throwing a zinger out by saying how strange The Cribs headlining Lock Up would be. I don't see a problem with them doing that at all.

I guess I don't see a problem with it, I just wouldn't really expect it. Thought they'd be way more suited to the NME. I've never really listened to them much though so you're in a better place to judge.

I guess I don't see a problem with it, I just wouldn't really expect it. Thought they'd be way more suited to the NME. I've never really listened to them much though so you're in a better place to judge.

Yeah I'd have them pegged for NME or Main too but if they said themselves in response to Will's FR specific question that they weren't and were instead doing the 'Rock Stage' then I guess that pretty much says it, as Ryan is the guitarist so he'd know unless he's bantering Will off.

Yeah I'd have them pegged for NME or Main too but if they said themselves in response to Will's FR specific question that they weren't and were instead doing the 'Rock Stage' then I guess that pretty much says it, as Ryan is the guitarist so he'd know unless he's bantering Will off.

Doesn't even matter to me anyway cause I'll be watching Metallica :P

There's also the chance Will is just lying too.

Nope just people that claim to be in the know about things they know nothing about

Cardiff did not sell out full capacity, pretty sure it didn't sell out at all and my mate said they'd brought in all the stalls and put up curtains further into where the crowd normally go. They do it when tickets don't sell that well. Nine Inch Nails had the same.

They're quite strange in that they do have the punk element to fit in there, but don't really share a fan base with the other acts who play that stage. Obviously that wouldn't matter, because their fans are still able to go in the tent while they're playing.

Anyway I was lying. Not just out of being a nob like usual; I thought it'd be interesting to see how y'all reacted and how you'd weigh up such an unlikely rumour coming from such a concrete source. I had to kill an hour sat on my waiting for shops to open. Apologies.