Top 10 bands?

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously did nobody else go to see twenty one Pilots. Absolutely epic performance. Must admit the crowd was the smallest I saw in the FR tent maybe 400 ish. They were fantastic though, full of energy, the drummer was awesome did a back flip from the piano. Singer climbed the rigging during one song, he also stood on the crowds hands to do one of the raps in the songs. They finished off by putting a four drums in the middle and both of them played out a drum off followed by both of them playing at the same time. Absolutely great. Anyway

1 Biffy Clyro

2 System of a down

3 Nine Inch Nails

4 Twenty one Pilots

5 Deftones

6 Fall Out Boy (surprisingly)

7 Skindred

8 Quicksand

9 Tomahawk

10 Greenday

Anyone see The Family Rain early on the FR stage leeds Fri and Reading Sun? I thought they were a cracking band! Even though the tent was far from packed out everyone standing at the front were having a grand old time! We'll surely hear about them down the line!

I don't think I put FIDLAR or The 1975 in my list because I enjoyed everyone pretty much equally so was hard to pick a top 10 (except Biffy being a head above the rest) but definitely a special shout for FIDLAR who I thought were amazing despite not knowing their songs that well beforehand. And The 1975 sounded awesome even outside of the FR tent, I was a bit worried because a lot of people have said that they're rubbish live, but I thought Matty's voice sounded great! Always best to find out these things for yourself :P

Leeds in order

1 Rx Bandits (The best by a long shot)

2 Nine Inch Nails

3 Skrillex

4 Major Lazer

5 Tomahawk

6 Arcane Roots

7 California X (Despite some sound issues)

8 ASIWYFA

9 Fuck Buttons (Would be higher if I wasn't completely knackered with wet feet)

10 Magnetic Man

Other highlights were AlunaGeorge, Charli XCX, Skindred, Fidlar, Clean Bandit, Deftones, Green Day (just Letterbomb), CHVRCHES, Jon Hopkins, Doom, Tame Impala and Alt-J.

I went to Leeds and this is my reckoning of the best bands I saw.

1. Biffy Clyro - Absolutely smashed it, fantastic crowd, superb setlist, unrivalled passion in played. Looked like they belonged up there and deserved every second of it.

2. System of a Down - Brilliant performance, all the band looked like they were having fun which apparantly isn't always the case so that's good, well picked setlist and mental crowd, shame that Reading's wasn't as good so I've heard

3. Chase and Status - Always heard good things about their live show, didn't disappoint, stuck near the back because of the massive crowd and had a right laugh dancing about for the whole set

4. Johnny Marr - Surprise of the weekend, didn't expect that much but he was brilliant, his solo stuff was great and very well recieved by the crowd. I don't want to sound like a cliche but the smiths stuff was absolutely magical, the tent completely packed out joined in unison singing how soon is now and there is a light, was very special honestly.

5. Eminem - Again another surprise, not much of a fan but I figured it would be more entertaining than alt-j. Was in the middle of the crowd so couldn't see much and therefore comment on the miming allegations but personally I had a great time, whole set was full of energy and fun, Dido coming out for Stan was spine-tingling and then the my name is-the real slim shady-without me medley was a real highlight.

6. Nine Inch Nails - From what I'd heard about the live show on these boards I won't lie I was a bit disappointed, I can understand now why having seen the furore on twitter but still. Don't get me wrong though what a show, not seen many acts more intense than that! Would've just benefitted from Copy of A Come Back Haunted Closer and Hurt though I think.

7. Editors - Have been waiting to see these for a long time and will be seeing them on the upcoming tour. Great live band, crowd was really into it and the setlist, albeit short, was just hit after hit after hit. The only thing was after the set I was left wanting so much more, they seemed so wasted playing 5th down in the sun with only 8 songs, can't wait to see a full set of theirs in the dark.

8. Foals - Seen them before and only caught half the set, great tunes, good fun played very well and all but some of the intensity of the songs seemed lost on the main stage, I feel an NME headline set rather than 3rd on mainstage would've been a lot better. I'm possibly being a bit harsh because I'd jut come from Marr's storming set, but it wasn't the killer set I expected.

9. HAIM - Went knowing only 2 songs and came out a full on fan. Oh and I think I might be a bit in love with the bassist. Lots of passion put into the performance, good singalongs and great opportunity for a dance. Eagerly awaiting their coming album.

10. Peace - Similar to HAIM but not quite as good. Still, was quite surprised at how accomplished the performance was given their fledgeling band status, decent production on the stage as well. Felt there was a bit of a lull in the middle of the set, but quickly regained the crowd and finished with a bang.

7. Editors - Have been waiting to see these for a long time and will be seeing them on the upcoming tour. Great live band, crowd was really into it and the setlist, albeit short, was just hit after hit after hit. The only thing was after the set I was left wanting so much more, they seemed so wasted playing 5th down in the sun with only 8 songs, can't wait to see a full set of theirs in the dark.