WRISTBAND- HAVE YOU STILL GOT YOURS ON?

Guest JulesyBoy

Good god all this talk about 'personal hygiene' ... it's a small strip of fabric ffs that gathers no more dirt, bacteria or pathogens than the rest of your body. If you have a bath or a shower with it on then it's as clean as the rest of you and almost certainly cleaner than your hands are after a day at work.

I'd guess that most of the folks with the wristband hygiene issues are also the ones queuing for the showers for hours instead of having a quick rub down with an anti-bac wetwipe and getting every minute they can out of the Festival.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, took mine off a few days after I got back.

Glastonbury has changed me so much as a person (not even trying to be cliche it just fucking has) that I could not give a shit what anyone else thinks. I went V and T In The Park last year and kept the wristband on for about 9 months as if to say "look where I've been" the vibe of Glasto has still got me by the balls 3 weeks down the line, and I don't really feel a need to define myself as a festival goer by wearing a wristband. I'm just a blob of energy with a fortunately functional shell that is now smashing the shit out of google in search of a hippie commune.

My first Glasto has smashed me to pieces, I just feel liberated by it, not sure if anyone else can relate to this but it's turned me veggie after speaking to some guy who thought he was a wizard up at the stone circle, I've been playing about 3 hours of guitar a day and I am struggling to give two shits about anything, the only glimmer of stress I forsee in my future is the ticket sale in October but that's not even that bad because I'm just going to volunteer for water aid or something just in case.

Got mine on and IOW2012. Had a couple of chats with random strangers who recognised it and spoke. One was a very nice surfer girl who'd never have spokne to me normally (as I ain't a surfer adonis).

As others have said - they get washed every time I shower, wash dishes, go for a swim. Bet they are far cleaner than the keyboards or mobiles of the moaners.

Oh yes. And keeping it until I'm forced to take it off - this year's was A-maze-ing.

Need to reattach '11's which died in a horrible secateur accident.... would have them all but for a job interview or two that I was very nervous about

I'm 29 and still got mine on. Starting a new job on Monday though, so I imagine I'll be cutting it off for that.

Always left them on a little while, just don't like to immediately cut it off, feels wrong for some reason.