Less Flags This Year

Guest stuartbert two hats

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seem to be less w@nkers recording the performances on their smartphones this year too. Light has finally dawned on their marble heads that they'll never watch the videos again and the recordings will not represent their glasto experience - which will be all the worse for concentrating on holding a phone up rather than enjoying themselves.

Edited by Craigston

It's only my opinion but the answer is no.

I have been to the last 4 Glastos and always went to see headliners on the pyramid stage and never had any problem with the flags, I just really like them and some are quite funny, especially the one with the monkey on the top.

(My wife gets Very upset if someone eats popcorn in the cinema but it does not worry me at all, we all have different thresholds of tolerance)

I too have never found them an issue when I'm in the crowd.

Sure, watching on TV is impacted, but why should the flag bearer care about the TV? (Ironically of course that's what they're trying to get on to)

People on shoulders is another matter

Edited by Alcatraz

Seem to be less w@nkers recording the performances on their smartphones this year too. Light has finally dawned on their marble heads that they'll never watch the videos again and the recordings will not represent their glasto experience - which will be all the worse for concentrating on holding a phone up rather than enjoying themselves.

glasto%20phoenix.jpg

The score: Phoenix 1 - phones/flags ... still way too many :rolleyes:

Although may well be less than in previous years as you can actually see someone/something on the stage ! Pic shamelessly stolen from The Official Site Saturday Pix - lots of good pix including a much better close-up stylee one of the Phoenix doing it's stuff :)

Edited by mikeb

Having seen the stones, still reckon there were about third less flags than those that almost blanketed the view entirely when I was there for Coldplay, Stevie Wonder and Blur.

I'm not sure how this been achieved as as far as I am aware there isn't a ban in force but for me its no bad thing. It was getting ridiculous.

Glad the fest is nearly over and I can begin winding myself up for t day in nearly 3 short months!

Edited by Craigston