What do people say to you....

Guest Mrs*E*

"Who's playing." Usually asked by people with no interest in music, so I have to think of acts they might have heard of.

"Are you going to see [insert the biggest headliner]?" Then absolute shock when I say no.

"Who are you going to see?" Then when I only list a few acts "What will you be doing the rest of the time then?"

It's mostly positive though, people are usually curious about what it's really like, they usually hope that the weather will be good, a lot of people think I'm slightly mental for going, and some people seem a bit jealous.

Edited by rachbon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dave The Hedgehog" post="4079402" timestamp="1371889827"

I'm not the sort of person who hangs out with a lot of overly gregarious people so its not like I'll get a conversation out of them, not that that bothers me because most overly gregarious people talk out of their arses anyway.

:)

Because I'm at Uni doing music people are generally interested in going so it usually goes:

"Oh you're so lucky! I missed out on tickets"

"Yeah it was a nightmare wasn't it (wasn't too hard for me but trying to empathise a bit), how long were you trying?"

"Well actually I kinda forgot about it on the day, then I saw they were sold out"

Usually get asked "why?" and stuff along the lines of "Why don't you go on a normal holiday? For the money you spend you could have a proper holiday in Spain!" Yeah right, so I can spend a week trapped by a pool with idiots like you ;-)

I'm the only one in my friendship group who goes to festivals/gigs so it's slightly frustrating in so many ways when they ask:

"bloody hell, you pay all that to camp in a field and not wash for 5 days?"

"I couldn't do it, the toilets are rank"

(after asking who's playing) "I love Mumfords, they'd be the only ones I'd be watching"

Then, some people have no idea at all because it's either been a pipe dream or they have no interest in festivals at all (which isn't a problem!) but the best one I had the other day was:

"so, will you be staying in a hotel onsite? And what will you eat? I presume they have restaurants and places like Nando's?"

Edited by AiiShotTheDJ

Everyone keeps asking about the weather but I suppose It's a very British question.

But the weather nor the music is why I'm going. It's for the people and the party.