Sightings of the Eavii?

Guest scmusic

So it occurred to me that in five times of going, aside from far away on the Pyramid stage, I have seen neither Michael or Emily Eavis around the site. My bad luck or lack of observational powers, surely. I've probably walked past them and been oblivious.

Anyway, aside from Michael's scheduled slot at the Speaker's forum on Sunday, are there other traditional times / places where the Eavii can be spotted in the wild? I have seen that "Happy Birthday" singing in the Rabbit Hole from a couple years back, is that a regular thing (the Rabbit Hole, not the singing).

Not stalking (much), just curious. I feel like this is a big unticked box on my Glastonbury checklist :)

In 15 years I've only seen him twice at the festival - once to say hello in the kidz field in 2008, and in 2011 driving past in his landrover. I've chatted with him 4 or 5 times, but he never remembers me :girlcray: We just have the same conversation over and over.

seen him a few times, was by the jazz world stage while i was struggling with a chicken kebab

also seen him zooming around in a ford fiesta on the wednesday a few years back, he's usually about, receiving many handshakes and embraces from various affectionate, but inebriated members of the festival community!

Walked past him near the farmhouse and gave a casual "Hi" at my first Glasto in '99. Not seen him since. Apparently we walked past him in 2009 but I didn't notice :(

Would love to meet him to shake his hand and thank him for all of his efforts over the years and the joy it's brought me and so many others.

The last four Glastonburys, he's been pretty much the first person i've bumped into as i've arrived on site!

In 2011 we was queuing to get in, in the car. Then coming the other way down a one way road was a land rover - to who we all shouted to each other "who's this idiot going the wrong way down a one way road" - who did it turn out to be? Mr Eavis! :)

Once upon a time I used to have to chase Michael around to try and get a word with him. Nowadays if he spots me he tends to come over and say hello.

</ name dropping show off :P>

I'm surprised that more people haven't seen him more often, as he tends to get just about everywhere on site all the time, he just won't sit still and let others run his festival. He gets stuck into any task that needs doing.

I saw him in the local pub - The Crown Inn a couple of weeks ago when I wandered round the site... I walked in and did a double take, I think he knew that I knew who he was and he smiled and said hello...I wandered off like a giddy school girl!

I had a chat and a got a photo with Michael Eavis in Arcadia/Shangri La in 2011 around 2am on the Saturday night.

It was just around the time Jarvis Cocker was playing in Club Dada.

Either just before or after.

It was weird bumping into him at that time of night.

He asked me where i was from; Liverpool.

He said we get a lot of people from Liverpool coming here, and he told me to look after my wife. She must have looked f*cked.

That was it.

Believe it or not he also stayed on my mate's farm in Burscough a couple of years ago.

He was meeting a potential fellow festival organiser to offer him some advice on how to set the thing up.

Staying in a B&B on a farm in Burscough instead of a 5 star hotel.

That's the way he rolls.

He almost ran my friend over back in 2004 or 2005! Wasn't looking where he was driving as he was busy chatting to someone to his side.

It must be knackering for him having everyone, punters and workers, going up to him saying hello all weekend, but he always seems to try and be friendly to everyone and give them some time. I hope he has a fortress of solitude to recooperate in after each day.