Glastonbury alcohol email?

Guest Amii

I've already proven that what you call 'libertarianism' is no different to what you call 'authoritarian' because both have rules andf that makes them not libertarian. So shouting the EXACT OPPOSITE at me again just proves you the fool.

Back in the real world, 'libertartian' gets to mean "minimal rules" (but still a set of rules, and a set of rules to the benefit of some and not all sand so failing the 'equal' test).

So the exact opposite of "minimal rules" is "not minimal rules".

And guess what? "Not minimal rules" doesn't mean the same as "rules for everything".

If you had two brain cells to rub together this would be going a bit better for you.

Think about the definition above to see just how weak your argument is.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People try and continue the Libertarian - Authoritarian argument along old fashioned left-right lines and it is something of a dated line of debate.

the Libertarian - Authoritarian argument has never been one of left/right. It's always been one of power.

Someone always has power to exercise over others if they so choose, be it the state or an individual.

It's no more right-minded for the state to control every aspect of a person's life as it is for control to be exercised by other powers (eg: commercial) within a society.

However, in a democracy the state is deemed to be the will of the people, and for all the while 'the people' demand that controls are put in place around certain aspects of life then it's right that a govt should introduce those controls on behalf of the people.

Which gets to mean there's absolutely fuck all to the libertarian idea. The people have very much decided that they wish there to be comprehensive rules around all sorts of aspects of life.

Because without those controls they have no control over what happens in their life, and get fucked over by others no less fully than a peasant might get fucked over in North Korea.

... while New Labour became very authoritarian.

it's not really about that.

Out of power it's easy to say "I won't abuse the power that is trusted in me". When in power the considerations are different, and include how you remain in power - and it's all too easy to use the power that you already have to do that.

Power corrupts. That's no different for the state, or for 'libertarians'.

You have proven NOWT.

You have posted what are your views whilst ignoring the FACTS that have been shown to you. Instead you try and cloud the debate with long posts which amount to nothing much.

You've shown me no facts. You've only shown me a definition which says what you want it to say. :rolleyes:

Try analysing how the words might be put into practice, and realise via that that they're a sham, a logical impossibility.

Meanwhile, me suggesting the outrageous left-ish ideas that (say) banks are properly regulated so that they cannot screw our lives again does not turn this country into North Korea or an authoritarian state.

BTW, the most libertarian states in the world are also the poorest. Care to speculate why?

There's nothing wrong with rules. But creating rules to fix problems that dont exist seems pretty pointless to me, and often has an adverse effect on things.

The festival has coped just fine for many years without the need for too many intrusive rules and regulations.

oh bloody hell... I promised to give up posting on here becuase I am trying to stay postive...dont know why but there you go.

Why does anyone think they are gonna change anyones political mind ona bloody festival forum??

Teddington has proved time and time again he is a tit of the right leaning persuasion.

Efestivals has proved he is a tit becuase he cant let it go.

Live as you wish..

the Libertarian - Authoritarian argument has never been one of left/right. It's always been one of power.

Someone always has power to exercise over others if they so choose, be it the state or an individual.

It's no more right-minded for the state to control every aspect of a person's life as it is for control to be exercised by other powers (eg: commercial) within a society.

However, in a democracy the state is deemed to be the will of the people, and for all the while 'the people' demand that controls are put in place around certain aspects of life then it's right that a govt should introduce those controls on behalf of the people.

Which gets to mean there's absolutely fuck all to the libertarian idea. The people have very much decided that they wish there to be comprehensive rules around all sorts of aspects of life.

Because without those controls they have no control over what happens in their life, and get fucked over by others no less fully than a peasant might get fucked over in North Korea.

it's not really about that.

Out of power it's easy to say "I won't abuse the power that is trusted in me". When in power the considerations are different, and include how you remain in power - and it's all too easy to use the power that you already have to do that.

Power corrupts. That's no different for the state, or for 'libertarians'.

However, Glastonbury remains the only major festival that allows people to bring their own alcohol in, and you are still OK to bring your own alcohol through the gates, providing it’s just for your own use (whether you are already off your trolley or not).

Michael Eavis

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

Not my "warped" ideas. It is a fact.

Definition:

Libertarianism is the view that each person has the right to live his life in any way he chooses so long as he respects the equal rights of others. Libertarians defend each person's right to life, liberty, and property-rights that people have naturally, before governments are created. In the libertarian view, all human relationships should be voluntary; the only actions that should be forbidden by law are those that involve the initiation of force against those who have not themselves used force-actions like murder, rape, robbery, kidnapping, and fraud. It is the antonym to authoritarianism.

So, that quote is from David Boaz, self-professed 'libertarian' and head of the Cato Institute. It seems a bit incongruous that only a libertarian is allowed to define what libertarianism is, it's a bit like a child-abuser defining paedophilia as 'young love'.... actually, reading the above description there's scant regards for the rights of children.