What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury?

Guest Arriente

I've been cleaning and airing my tent over the weekend!

I forgot it rained on packing it up at Reading last year....and I don't really have the room for it to dry out my garden..so kind of forget to give it a good drying out...

It had a slightly smell and some nasty coloring on the windows but...mostly it seems fine now!

Edited by LondonTom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually work on customer sites and I'm clean shaven and in a suit, but the last two weeks I've been working from home with no need to shave. After eight days I though I ought to try, but the beard was too long for my usual Quattro razor, so I switched to a disposable - I'm surprised I didn't pass out from blood loss. My neck, face, head, behind the ears - cuts everywhere.

I've just booked a B&B 13 miles from Worthy Farm for the Tuesday night - nice little Groupon deal that gets us a double room and bottle of wine for £29. Imagine it might be sold out now but have a look.

This means, in theory, we'll be up and out in plenty of time on Wednesday morning!!!

moved the pile of camping stuff around a bit, I'm getting slightly concerned about what I am taking. Hubby is going to take the trolley thing into work and weld something strong onto it to stop it collapsing, I guess he is trying to tell me something.......

This is true. However, when the love of my life refuses to kiss me because "it tickles" and tells me that I look like an Estonian gangster, it can be very persuasive. Also, I got soup stuck to my 'tache earlier and she didn't tell me, just for poops and giggles. I reckon we're at Defcon 2 in Beardgate. I worry what Defcon 3 will entail.

Today, I went for a run for the first time in years - short, it is true, but over foot paths and up and down hill. I now feel virtuous.

This is another problem as I'm customer facing in my job too, so it's usually clean shaven, suit & tie etc. However, the beard doesn't look too tatty, apart from the grey bits. May just try and keep it trimmed and see how I go.

I'm with you on the wet shaving. An electric doesn't feel like a shave but I've had some issues with razor rash in the past, even with a decent, new razor. Another reason to keep the beard?

Edited by James Bolivar

This is another problem as I'm customer facing in my job too, so it's usually clean shaven, suit & tie etc. However, the beard doesn't look too tatty, apart from the grey bits. May just try and keep it trimmed and see how I go.

I'm with you on the wet shaving. An electric doesn't feel like a shave but I've had some issues with razor rash in the past, even with a decent, new razor. Another reason to keep the beard?

I have now moved all the stuff out of the spare room - HOW MUCH STUFF - oh hell's teeth, now I have put it under the stairs as clearly I dont want to think about the weight and the walk. Head firmly stuck in the sand now until 22 days time ;)

i took my new walking shoes for their maiden stroll. nicely comfy, no sign of a blister yet despite it being too hot and clammy to be wearing proper shoes. i likely won't need my new sports insoles in them so i can use the insoles in my wellies. my wellies which won't be needed - NFR NFC.

i also bought a can of 'cosmopolitan' and a can of 'on the beach' (£1 each in asda) to be drunk warm for research purposes.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

I didn't want to waste one but flat it was worth it. I still have five, which is one for each nigh at the festival, so should be fine! Really no different from using a she-wee or similar so if you've used one of those should be fine!

The foxes glacier mint vodka tastes sublime. However is in the freezer. Not sure how it will taste after 5 days in a hot tent