Glastonbury festival 2013 map now up

Guest mike99

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what has happened to the Crows Nest, the Rabbit Hole seems to have been moved up the hill a bit it seems to where the Crows angst used to be. The Crows Nest has been one of my favourite stages in recent years, watching some great intimate acoustic sets whilt overlooking the entire site. Lovely stuff

Any idea what has happened to the Crows Nest, the Rabbit Hole seems to have been moved up the hill a bit it seems to where the Crows angst used to be. The Crows Nest has been one of my favourite stages in recent years, watching some great intimate acoustic sets whilt overlooking the entire site. Lovely stuff

i do not like this "ee stage" business at all

this is a very pedantic point i know, but in 2011 it was merely referred to as "phone recharge point", with no branding on the map and, if i recall, no actual orange logo outside the tent

hmmmmm...

That thing when someone lays this years over the last one:

http://sillystuff.eu.pn/GlastoMaps.html

Map fits to width of window, adjusts on resize. Or you can switch resize on/off

Knocked this up quickly so not perfect. If anyone can improve please feel free to share.

Edited by timmy tugboat

me three, but unfortunately i guess they help keep the ticket price down (in a relative sense for what you get, that is) and finance the less corporate shit going on throughout the festival. i suppose they're a necessary evil but it never really sits well with me on a gut level to walk past a logo at a festival. i remember getting actually phsyically angry at the vodaphone banner on the reading sound tower in 2011 haha

+1.

I think Emily said they were trying to cut down on sponsorship before the 2011 fest. Apparently the loss of branding to the chill and charge tent cost them £400, 000. Looks like they've decided that's too much to lose for this year. :(

I'm not sure how much we should read into disappearing bars, water points, etc. I seem to remember that the map was never that accurate when it came to some of these anyway.

Everyone seems to be missing one of the most important changes i.e. the flushing toilets next to the Big Ground appear to be in a crew camping area now. So no more taking the newspaper to the crapper for a relaxing read!!! :read:

Glastonbury virgin here so don't be too harsh if this is a stupid question! haha

Is the Festival Bus Station also where the shuttle buses drop off?

(Edit: Shuttle bus from the car drop off point btw if that makes a difference.)

Edited by TheBoz

Glastonbury virgin here so don't be too harsh if this is a stupid question! haha

Is the Festival Bus Station also where the shuttle buses drop off?

(Edit: Shuttle bus from the car drop off point btw if that makes a difference.)

Edited by mail1234

Moving the Cubana back into the naughty corner?! Why for?! :( I loved where it was last year! Now it will be full of people waiting to go onto the other bits as they are allowed in! Umpressed I am!

UGh EE tent!

Arcadia looks about where I suspected rather than the tree's of the glade!

I wouldn't worry to much about the common, it doesn't look to well fitted out down there!

If that's more of Penards filled up, its going push more people into Park Home and Diary :(...Might consider going down to pylon/bushy ground instead!