Weather

Guest Mr Andre

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think thurs as I put the tents up in torrential rain then had to carry all my (then) boyfriend's records over to old queens head where he was DJing. I have a distinct memory of trudging through the rain and mud with this heavy bag feeling a bit pissed off! We broke up at the festival. Maybe it was better by Saturday. A lot of my memories are quite hazy after that Thursday night!

I didn't go 2007 but I agree 2011 was worse in terms of mud.

But i definitely needed wellies in 2008.

Strange how recollections differ... I remember it being sunny when I arrived on on Weds. The wind was kicking dust up as we walked across site. On one night we had a huge downpour. Can't remember whether that was the Weds or Thurs night....possibly Thurs

It was overcast and drizzly on Friday, with a bit of proper rain. I remember sheltering from rain in Dance field and caught Zion Train. There was mud about - but it was nowhere near as bad as 2007 or early 2011.

I was watching Jimmy Cliff in Jazz World field on the Friday night when the stars came out. After that I have no recollection of any more rain ...Sat and Sun were gorgeous.

2008 was dry on Wednesday and dry on Thursday up until about something like 9pm when there was quite heavy rain. But by Saturday afternoon, pretty much all the mud had dried up.

2009 had a very similar pattern.

Edited by pedmills

2008 was dry on Wednesday and dry on Thursday up until about something like 9pm when there was quite heavy rain. But by Saturday afternoon, pretty much all the mud had dried up.

2009 had a very similar pattern.

I remember 2009 as being typical summer weather. Nice and sunny with the odd occasional thunderstorm. Think I got soaked shortly after after seeing Lamb in Jazz World. There was a biblical thunderstorm on Sunday night. Otherwise... a scorcher.

2010 - Scorchio. Too much for me I'm afraid...only came out at night. Saw amazing Flaming Lips set as the full moon rose and the heat from the baked earth still sent out little wafts of warmth. Truly magical night

270182_10150228545016606_8241186_n.jpg

Edited by warriormonk

Not everyone finds nfr nfc funny though, in fact its a bit tedious for some. There's a whole thread dedicated to it, it doesn't need to be constantly brought in here too.

When I checked the BBC's weather forecast for Bristol on Ceefax before leaving the house on the Wednesday morning in 2005, it was showing 26 and sunny for Wednesday and Thursday, 23 and cloudy for Friday, and 20 and partly sunny for Saturday and Sunday. The wellies stayed in the car.

Edited by tonyblair