Weather

Guest Mr Andre

I'd love a completely dry festival but for me the desperate plea to the weather gods goes out for the Wednesday when we're arriving. I love bimbling around the site for those first two days and it's just glorious when the sun is shining. I'm beginning to dare to be optimistic looking at the forecasts for next week - also absolutely obsessed with every weather site!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update for today:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

The main uncertainty is how far that area of low pressures pushes into the south. If it sits over the UK then it could be very, very wet (as was shown in the Gav'svid from two days ago), but now the models are seeming to show it staying over Iceland (the blue area on Saturday 29th, bottom right hand corner), which would be ideal for Glastonbury. So the difference between the weather sites will probably be based on how the models they use differ in terms of how far south that low pressure gets.

Across the top row of that chart you can see pretty clearly why such poor weather is forecasted for this weekend

Posted on Netweather:

The Ecm 00z ensemble mean is encouraging this morning, especially from T+144 hours onwards with a strong looking ridge forming across the uk from the azores/atlantic anticyclone, the most settled conditions being across central and southern parts of the uk with the northern half of scotland eventually becoming more changeable with a freshening westerly flow but light winds, long sunny spells and pleasantly warm weather for the majority of the uk once the cool and unsettled weather clears away from the eastern side of the uk during the first half of next week, looking at the overall picture, there is now at least moderate confidence for a significant improvement for most of the uk during the course of next week, arriving in the west and southwest early next week and then across all areas by around midweek onwards, the Glastonbury festival looks increasingly likely to be fine and warm this year.

ecm500.144.pngecm500.168.pngecm500.192.pngecm500.216.pngecm500.240.png

Edited by shae

Posted on Netweather:

The Ecm 00z ensemble mean is encouraging this morning, especially from T+144 hours onwards with a strong looking ridge forming across the uk from the azores/atlantic anticyclone, the most settled conditions being across central and southern parts of the uk with the northern half of scotland eventually becoming more changeable with a freshening westerly flow but light winds, long sunny spells and pleasantly warm weather for the majority of the uk once the cool and unsettled weather clears away from the eastern side of the uk during the first half of next week, looking at the overall picture, there is now at least moderate confidence for a significant improvement for most of the uk during the course of next week, arriving in the west and southwest early next week and then across all areas by around midweek onwards, the Glastonbury festival looks increasingly likely to be fine and warm this year.

ecm500.144.pngecm500.168.pngecm500.192.pngecm500.216.pngecm500.240.png

I live in the south east and, I know it's no comparison to the south west, but when it has forecast to rain over the past few weeks, and it has, it has not been prolonged. I really don't think the weather has the puff to piss it down all weekend long anyway. Rainfall amounts are well below average at the moment. I am totally expecting a a few rain spells at times, maybe a couple of hour blasts which will turn the ground muddy but with this breeze it will all dry up overnight. 2010 was uncomfortable from memory so I'm more than happy with warm overcast :)

update for today:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

The main uncertainty is how far that area of low pressures pushes into the south. If it sits over the UK then it could be very, very wet (as was shown in the Gav'svid from two days ago), but now the models are seeming to show it staying over Iceland (the blue area on Saturday 29th, bottom right hand corner), which would be ideal for Glastonbury. So the difference between the weather sites will probably be based on how the models they use differ in terms of how far south that low pressure gets.

Across the top row of that chart you can see pretty clearly why such poor weather is forecasted for this weekend

The 06z gfs is even better and so much agreement it seems all but nailed on

This is getting too much, I'm alright when it's up in the air but the increasing prospect of a dry, sunny but not too hot festival is getting too much - I'm walking around on the verge of collapsing in a heap of happy tears on the floor - long may it continue

Off to read more in the hope it brings me down to earth