Future headliners, and when you think they will make the bump up.

Guest Matt42

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I thought they were OK last year, a little dull perhaps, but I only knew Tesselate and Breezeblocks at the time, and left before they played Breezeblocks to see Bombay Bicycle Club.

If they hadn't had such a stratospheric rise I'm sure people on here wouldn't have so much hate :P.

To a certain extent, festivals can dictate how big a band gets. Give them big slots, that generates interest, more people check them out and buy their albums, they get even bigger slots, repeat the cycle. Obviously this has limitations. Melvin clearly has a soft spot for PABH and has claimed they are future headliners, so I can see him pushing them up as high as he possibly can.

To a certain extent, festivals can dictate how big a band gets. Give them big slots, that generates interest, more people check them out and buy their albums, they get even bigger slots, repeat the cycle. Obviously this has limitations. Melvin clearly has a soft spot for PABH and has claimed they are future headliners, so I can see him pushing them up as high as he possibly can.

I've always wondered how Phoenix have managed to do so well basically everywhere except the UK.

Entertainment is awesome though, so hopefully they new album will do well & will be good for them.

If it sells well I could see them doing 3rd/4th next year (not too much of a jump), although V will probably want them.

I reckon Foals will sub after another really well received new album, and then headline after that, or they might take the Bloc Party route and start making shit albums and just be stuck in limbo forever

On the topic of Paramore again, just seen this on twitter ""paramore's new album is shit" come back when your self-titled album is the number one album in multiple countries in one day"

Why do people think this is a good argument for an album not being shit? It really puzzles me, no I don't have my own "self titled album" but how does that stop theirs being awful? This goes for other bands too.

I hope Mumford never headline, I really don't understand the hype, they have maybe 2 catchy songs, and then everything else afterwards sounds the same. Marcus Mumford's face annoys me greatly too, he might not be, but he looks so up himself

I think Vaccines will probably headline on one more good album, that's again different to their first two, like Arctics did.

Maybe Noel Gallagher's Birds with another album or 2 under their belt. Thought the debut was immense, far better than Beady Eye.

And if people reckon we're going down the line of having more hip hop headliners, eg Kanye in some predictions for next year, then they should book Cudders :P

True but Silent Alarm I think was more popular than Antidotes, TLF and HF, and Foals are only third on the back of those 3, if their next albums bomb then they won't move up, but their first 3 would stop them from moving down.

Anyway I hope they continue moving up and being consistent with albums, want them to make another album like Antidotes though

Edited by Mouseboy11