Official Offsite Pre Erected Tents etc - On sale now

Guest StoneCircle

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email from see tickets at 9.10 this morning, clicked on the link and it was working, entered my registration number and postcode (expecting it to tell me tickets go on sale on Monday), next step I selected 2 person yurt, then had to enter a credit card number and again it worked so I'm over the moon to have one

I don't understand why there's so much objection when this has been going on for years. Surely its better GFL operate it, than people being put out of pocket?

I also think its important to remember, the festival has one of the highest average ages. Nobody's suggesting any part of the festival is adapted massively for older people, but surely if people want to make a choice that doesn't impact the festival in any way, its down to them?

I was tempted but I've already bought my new tent (got a good deal in the sales!). I am however, a bit crap at putting them up so I might consider asking my "neighbours" for some help in exchange for some cash or goodies? Do you think this could work if I do my "special" face?

I've booked the scout tent on credit card. Just for some of the above posters:-

1-I have a 6 man tent which I can put up blind folded thanks.

2- I go camping loads. (so there!)

3- I have been in the 'mix' at glasto and many other festivals.

But!

1- I can only get down on Thursday evening this year.

2- I'm flying to a wedding in Cyprus Monday morning in which I am chief (relevant as gotbloads of extra stuff to sort / take) bridesmaid

3- I do get a bit 'tense' on the Sunday with the thought of taking down / packing up / weather / abandoned tents in way stuff. (I'm a planner!)

So for me 100ish quid each saves me a ridiculous amount of stress, and means I can relax and enjoy things!!! Also there have been beauty salon things on site for years, maybe I'll get my hair done to annoy you more! ;)

If people are still looking, tents seem to pop up randomly on the tf website, the 2 man package deal was a available last week...

Well, yes I'd be mad not to concur that entry on the Wednesday has become more of a bunfight now, and certainly camp sites have become more of an urban sprawl it seems. I think glamping is symptomatic of a wider change now where festival goers have become just customers and thus expect everything set up for them and done for them and have less contribution to make to the event of their own. Though many see this as inevitable it doesn't mean that I think that its a positive change.

Well, yes I'd be mad not to concur that entry on the Wednesday has become more of a bunfight now, and certainly camp sites have become more of an urban sprawl it seems. I think glamping is symptomatic of a wider change now where festival goers have become just customers and thus expect everything set up for them and done for them and have less contribution to make to the event of their own. Though many see this as inevitable it doesn't mean that I think that its a positive change.

Booked :-) Glad I clicked on the link this morning.

I always said I'd never consider doing and offsite camping thing at Glastonbury. However the mad wednesday rush and stress was just too much last year and this combats that. I wouldn't say this is Glamping, as it's still just a tent (and I don't care about hair straighteners, showers etc). Plus I've not camped over this side of the festi before. Ok the hill is going to be a massive pain but hey ho good exercise! We come from Scotland so the need to take less stuff is a big bonus. Being near the green and craft fields will be good - I'm normally on Big Ground. The gang's camp will still be there - best of both worlds!

Edited by RandomBunny

I’ve decided to give this a try as well as I too have started to find the whole Wednesday morning queue and stampede for prime camping spots rather tiresome after attending since 89. I tend to spend most of my time around West Holts & Avalon so I mourn the loss of camping options on the east of the site over the years and I feel sorry for the families that like to camp in Cockmill Meadow above the Kids Field as they’ve been pushed out to a certain extent in the scramble for places. I’m expecting the hill to be a killer, but hopefully Wednesday will now be more relaxing like it was in the past and I can get back to spending most of the day exploring the site. I don’t think I’ve ever visited The Park while the festival is in full swing, so as this will now be on the doorstep I could well be spending more time there this year.

I don’t really understand why these official camping options get such a bad press as there isn’t much of a difference between these and taking a campervan to the festival, for which I don’t see a lot of criticism. For those that can’t afford to buy and run a campervan, assuming these are second cars for those who go for that option, Worthy View seems very good value when split amongst your group.

Yeah, as I've said rather the festival run it in an official capacity and profit from it than some dodgy operator like Myhabgate 2011. Where it works out as easier for some logistically I can quite understand shelling out the extra dosh for the facility. I'd be disappointed to think of this becoming the standard aspiration for punters as the years go on though. Part of what you take away from Glastonbury I think are skills in self reliance and organisation, particularly if its your first time.

Just booked. First time I will have stayed off-site (been since '94) but as has already been mentioned its the Wednesday stress-a-thon that has made me take the plunge this year. After 6 hours queuing to get in in the rain last time (2011) and struggling to find a place to pitch , I am prepared to part with some cash to make the day stress free. It's a holiday after all.

Edited by Splatt

Really pissed off that See have cocked up and put these on sale a day early. Gutted.

However .... Still ordered an alternative to our first choice cos the prospect of avoiding the 2 mile hassle trek with the bloody heavy trolley .... And the rush to get your preferred spot, together with hot showers for my lovely wife will make it all worthwhile.

And then there's THAT view every morning!!

Fantastic!!!

Yeah, as I've said rather the festival run it in an official capacity and profit from it than some dodgy operator like Myhabgate 2011. Where it works out as easier for some logistically I can quite understand shelling out the extra dosh for the facility. I'd be disappointed to think of this becoming the standard aspiration for punters as the years go on though. Part of what you take away from Glastonbury I think are skills in self reliance and organisation, particularly if its your first time.

Booked a scout tent earlier in the day for my husband and I and the baby, I got the email from see earlier in the day so was aware they'd go on sale today instead of tomorrow, I feel for the people who missed out on their chosen accomdation though due to the apparent lack of organisation.

I'm looking forward to rocking up mid Wednesday, not having an epic walk from the car, a relatively quiet nights sleep and (hopefully!) a less stressful exit on the monday. I live in hope.